Pixar Post - T.J.
As details evolve or as we learn more, we'll be sure to update the thread. Our original post highlights the original press release details highlighting the two untitled Pixar films releasing on March 13, 2020 and June 19, 2020.

What are your thoughts on the news? Any early guesses as to the story or who will direct?
Quote 0 0
carson727
Please WALL-E 2 or Ratatouille 2 [bawl]
Quote 0 0
maxxie03
carson727 wrote: Please WALL-E 2 or Ratatouille 2 [bawl]

Please not! Those are two remarkable standalone films and should never get a sequel. ever. 
Quote 1 0
ReptilePatrol
I'm guessing one is the next film from Pete Docter, while the other one maybe from Bob Peterson or Mark Andrews? I've got my fingers crossed for two originals, but if one were to be a sequel, I'd guess either a third Monsters film or the start of a new franchise from either Ratatouille or Inside Out.

Dan Scanlon might also be directing something, but I'm not sure whether he'd be doing an original or another sequel (or perhaps he's already directing on Cars 3?).

It may also be possible that Pete Sohn is directing one of those, but given that he's only made one film so far and it's not even out yet, it's hard to gauge how fast he works. I think it'll be safe to say it won't be John Lasseter or Brad Bird though, given TS4 and Incredibles 2. Perhaps another Andrew Stanton film but that might be a bit of a stretch.
Quote 1 0
Vellerie
At least one will probably be original, if not both. If one is a sequel, I'd wager Monsters, and I'd be okay with that. I'd rather Wall-E and Ratatouille remain standalones personally; I feel like they're perfect on their own and that there's not much left to explore. A second Inside Out could happen, and since it's 5 years after the first I suppose it's the right time gap for one, but I think I'd still say Monsters.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I'm also in the group that thinks it will be one original and one sequel. I'm guessing, but I think the original will be Mark Andrew's film and I think the sequel will be by a new director to the feature film group.
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
I got to thinking, maybe Dan Scanlon will be back with another Monsters? He's not directing any of the forthcoming ones and all (that we know of, though some have speculated he'll do Cars 3).
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Oh no. If one of those is a sequel...the only movies they have left to pointlessly tack onto are their best work (IMO).[fear_80_anim_gif_zpsh65np7mc]

Please, be either Monsters 3 or Brave 2. Hell, Cars 4! Other studios crank out crappy sequels that quickly! Why not? All of those announcements would suck, but whatever the heck it takes to make WALL-E, Up, Ratatouille and Inside Out be left alone. Youknowforayearmoreortwo.

Or two originals. You know, that's...a possibility I kind of doubt but it is one. Though really I'd rather they be spread out a bit, but beggars can't be choosers. 

*Briefly considers possibility of two sequels, then shoves thought out of mind forever to prevent from breaking things*

[frown]

I don't think it can be a Docter movie. Dude just got out of Inside Out. There was an eight year gap between MI and Up and a six year one between Up and Inside Out. Five years is possible, but I'm counting it as unlikely. Especially since this early in production I doubt they'd bother to announce it on the chance it didn't work out.

carson727 wrote: Please WALL-E 2 or Ratatouille 2 [bawl]

Why? What part of those movies is unfinished and cries out for another story to resolve it? What part is hiding a totally interesting yet universe specific story that simply must be told?

Unless they want to go back in and resolve that whole genocide thing in Ratatouille (and by "resolve", I mean the Lasseter technique of resolving things that weren't meant to be resolved and didn't need to be), I see nothing in these stories that requires we return to them. And that leads to generic "Could have been an original movie" sequels. And that sucks.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Bonnie wrote: carson727 wrote: Please WALL-E 2 or Ratatouille 2 [bawl]
Why? What part of those movies is unfinished and cries out for another story to resolve it? What part is hiding a totally interesting yet universe specific story that simply must be told?

I think when most people want a sequel they want it because it allows them to see some of their favorite characters again - without worrying about story, or why. I'm in the same boat that I wouldn't want a second WALL-E or Ratatouille, but a lot do want them.
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
Bonnie wrote: I don't think it can be a Docter movie. Dude just got out of Inside Out. There was an eight year gap between MI and Up and a six year one between Up and Inside Out. Five years is possible, but I'm counting it as unlikely. Especially since this early in production I doubt they'd bother to announce it on the chance it didn't work out.

I think Wikipedia says that Docter only started on Up in 2004, which meant there was a 5 year gap between that and Monsters, Inc., and a six year gap between Up and Inside Out. And he mentioned in an interview somewhere that he got the idea for Inside Out while wrapping up on Up. Then there may have been time he spent tinkering on Newt, because he was offered the directors position, but I'm not sure how long that lasted or if he turned it down upon it being offered and bypassed it entirely.

So I think a 5 year gap between Inside Out and a 2020 film is definitely possible, especially since he's already started on his next film and by now he probably has even greater creative freedom than he did when Inside Out got greenlit in light of Up's success. However, a 2021 or beyond release is also definitely possible.

My theory is that Disney reserved the date far in advance because Pixar's gonna have a June release anyway, and they have their eyes on Docter's film but while the date is set in stone, the film isn't. We've already seen how films can change (while dates the remain the same) with Toy Story 4. Docter's film definitely has potential to be completed by then, and they probably have other films in mind to release if Docter needs more time.

That's for the June release, anyway. Pixar always has a June release so now it's kinda expected. The March one is the one that's really weird, because despite what I said about Disney expanding the role of its March timeslot in the other thread, Pixar has never been dumped into an unfavorable release (unfavorable compared to June or November anyway) and that might say something about their confidence in the March film (or in the March release window).

Anyway, my post is getting increasingly speculative and I think the only thing that's for sure right now is that things will probably change between now and 2020 lol, if TS4 and the countless other release changes are any indication
Quote 2 0
luxo jr.
Probably monsters 3, or some other movie focused around humans instead of animals.
Quote 0 0
Sebastian Barnes
I think this two would be anounced at the Cinema Com 2016,
Think about it, the Untitled Dia de los muertos film was anounced there and the good dinosaur title too.
And also it needs to be a 4 year aticipation 
Inside out (2015) anounced in 2011
the godd dinosaur (2015) anounced in 2011
coco (2017) anounced in 2012
toy story 4 (2018) anounced in 2014
Quote 0 0
Joshua O'Neill
EW says the next four after Incredibles are original films....
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/18/pixar-films
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Interesting that they say "As of earlier in 2016, EW learned that at least the next four films following The Incredibles 2 were all originals, but take that with a grain of CGI salt." I didn't recall reading that earlier in the year, but it may have slipped through. In any regard, I'll do exactly what they say and take it with a grain of salt! Nice spotting that line though, Josh!
Quote 0 0
Tazbanian Devill
This film will be an original according to EW! http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/01/pixar-sequels-ratatouille-wall-e-inside-out
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy