Pixar Post - T.J.
As details evolve or as we learn more, we'll be sure to update the thread. Our original post highlights the original press release details highlighting the two untitled Pixar films releasing on March 13, 2020 and June 19, 2020.

What are your thoughts on the news? Any early guesses as to the story or who will direct?
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
Could this be the Teddy Newton and Mark Andrews films that have been rumored for a while? Hmmm...
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Hopefully having 2 films in the spam of 3 months is for the better! 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
PIX-R.113 wrote: Could this be the Teddy Newton and Mark Andrews films that have been rumored for a while? Hmmm...
Keep in mind that sadly, Teddy Newton has left Pixar. We wrote up an article on it after he was seen on the Paramount Animation lot with Lino DiSalvo (Director at Paramount) and John Kahrs (Paperman director for Disney, prior Pixar employee and now a Paramount transplant himself). He was rumored to have left a while before, but the image kind of sealed the deal for us.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Luis504170 wrote: Hopefully having 2 films in the spam of 3 months is for the better! 
I didn't come up with this, but one of our Twitter followers, Adam asked if the two films could be connected in some way since they're releasing so close together. I don't think that's the case...but I would LOVE if Pixar did something as bold as that. Thoughts?
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote: Luis504170 wrote: Hopefully having 2 films in the spam of 3 months is for the better! 
I didn't come up with this, but one of our Twitter followers, Adam asked if the two films could be connected in some way since they're releasing so close together. I don't think that's the case...but I would LOVE if Pixar did something as bold as that. Thoughts?

That would indeed bring up a very interesting idea and it makes sense. If two films were to be connected with each other it would be noting short of genius, as we know Pixar is genius anyway. But it does beg the question, why would Pixar have two films so close to each other? It makes releasing the film in various countries and generating box office and hype for the next film much more complicated. It does bring up an interesting theory that it can be a more special ocassion than anticipated. But I think that it is the "We will be releasing something original every year and a sequel every other year" statement beginning. If my life depended on it, I would guess it would be an actual sequel to Monsters Inc. Or maybe a 5th Toy Story film? Maybe they would like to make a second trilogy for the next generation? 

Other than the sequel, I hope it is an original film by one of the Pixar veterans.

Not Brad Bird or John Lassetter because they are obviously releasing TS4 and Incredibles 2 on 2018 and 2019. Either of them making an original film for 2020 is nearly impossible.

My money goes for Pete Docter or Andrew Stanton. Pete has 5 years to make a film after Inside Out and Andrew has 4 after Finding Dory. Getting an original film from Pixar veterans would be such a treat! Like the old Finding Nemo and Wall-E days. The last original film John Lassetter made was Cars! And by 2018 when TS4 comes out? That will be 12 years without an original Lassetter film!! I need this in my life! LOL [Laughing_zpsee77b0c4][Winking_zps1d9118ce][smile_zpsf797a80b]
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
Although 3 months may seem rather close compared to Pixar's usual standards, Disney does not appear to have any qualms about the 3 month gap between Zootopia and Finding Dory, or Gigantic and Toy Story 4, so I don't think box office is playing a big role in the decision here. Rather, I believe this may simply be an expansion of their March timeslot to accommodate Pixar's increased film output, whilst also keeping in mind Disney Animation.

From Toy Story to The Incredibles, Pixar has, Finding Nemo excluded, used a November timeslot. Starting with Cars, and going all the way to Inside Out, they've had a June timeslot (excluding Up, which was May, but close enough). Disney Animation, meanwhile, has had a hold on the November timeslot since Bolt in 2008, excluding Winnie the Pooh. Zootopia will be the first Disney movie to have a March release since Meet the Robinsons in 2007. Given Pixar's traditional use of the November timeslot before their shift to June, any film output expansion from Pixar would naturally warrant returning to that November timeslot, as we're seeing with The Good Dinosaur and Coco, the first November Pixar films since The Incredibles. However, in Pixar's absence for the past decade, Disney Animation has taken those release windows. It's nice to see Disney giving Pixar priority by pushing Disney Animation to March (with Zootopia and Gigantic avoiding TGD and Coco respectively), but Disney does have an obligation to treat both its animation studios fairly, and with Disney Animation's rising box office clout with Frozen and BH6, it looks like the priority that Pixar will enjoy in 2015 and 2017, in regards to the November timeslot, may be ending in 2020. Because, according to Deadline, Disney has an Untitled Disney Animation scheduled for November 25, 2020, something I think a lot of us may have missed because we're busy going after Pixar news instead. So starting in 2020, it may be that Disney Animation isn't the one that moves out of the way all the time; rather, it looks like this might be the start of a trend where November and March are shared more fairly between the two.

Pixar and Disney Animation also have different productions going on at different schedules, so the expansion of Pixar into the March timeslot might not just be box office related, but production schedule related. There might be a Pixar film that will be good to go in March 2020 and a Disney one slightly behind that would be better off in November 2020. Either way, Pixar expanding film output definitely demands more release windows, and expansion into March seems like a natural progression of giving Pixar the flexibility it needs while also not treating Disney Animation as the expendable studio that gets the leftovers.
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
ReptilePatrol wrote: Although 3 months may seem rather close compared to Pixar's usual standards, Disney does not appear to have any qualms about the 3 month gap between Zootopia and Finding Dory, or Gigantic and Toy Story 4, so I don't think box office is playing a big role in the decision here. Rather, I believe this may simply be an expansion of their March timeslot to accommodate Pixar's increased film output, whilst also keeping in mind Disney Animation.

Agree, but remember the 3 month gap between Zootopia and Finding Dory only affects Disney and not Pixar. Pixar only cares about Finding Dory, as it is only going to generate box office from that film. Disney will get box office from both Zootopia and Finding Dory. In 2020, when Disney releases 2 Pixar films, it could affect both financially as there is a clear balance excluded. The Box office might not be the problem, but it sure will be a lot of rushing with marketing, releasing, and adverisment. Pixar can´t advertise the June 2020 offering until the March offering is out. 

It´s like food. You eat two meals at the same time and you will be hungry later on and you will have nothing to feed on.
Quote 2 0
ReptilePatrol
The Zootopia/Finding Dory and Coco/Gigantic examples were to highlight how Disney does not believe a 3 month gap is too small for animated features. Whether the 3-months-isn't-too-short rule applies only when the two animated features are from different studios, or applies to animated features from Walt Disney Studios in general, hasn't been tested until now, and evidently Disney believes that releasing two Pixar films only 3 months apart will not have any negative box office repercussions. Whether this strategy works in practice or not, however, is yet to be seen.

However, given how Zootopia and Gigantic have moved aside for TGD and Coco, I think Disney is simply ensuring a decent gap between animated features of either studio, so aside from Pixar getting priority in November, Disney isn't making a lot of distinction between the two studios. I don't agree with the continued assimilation of Pixar into Disney, but given how they both have the same target audience, I think it's only natural that any gap between two Pixar films would be the same gap between a Pixar and a Disney animated feature, and vice-versa.
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
ReptilePatrol wrote: The Zootopia/Finding Dory and Coco/Gigantic examples were to highlight how Disney does not believe a 3 month gap is too small for animated features. Whether the 3-months-isn't-too-short rule applies only when the two animated features are from different studios, or applies to animated features from Walt Disney Studios in general, hasn't been tested until now, and evidently Disney believes that releasing two Pixar films only 3 months apart will not have any negative box office repercussions. Whether this strategy works in practice or not, however, is yet to be seen.

However, given how Zootopia and Gigantic have moved aside for TGD and Coco, I think Disney is simply ensuring a decent gap between animated features of either studio, so aside from Pixar getting priority in November, Disney isn't making a lot of distinction between the two studios. I don't agree with the continued assimilation of Pixar into Disney, but given how they both have the same target audience, I think it's only natural that any gap between two Pixar films would be the same gap between a Pixar and a Disney animated feature, and vice-versa.

Uh I see, well hopefully this significant change is for the better!
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
Upon further investigation, it appears that Disney's live action fairy tale remakes are also sharing the March and November release windows with Pixar and WDAS, while DisneyToons operates on a different schedule much like Marvel and Star Wars, so it appears that there may be more pieces to the puzzle than I thought.

March 2015: Cinderella (LAFT)
June 2015: Inside Out (PIXAR)
Nov 2015: The Good Dinosaur (PIXAR)

March 2016: Zootopia (WDAS)
June 2016: Finding Dory (PIXAR)
Nov 2016: Moana (WDAS)

March 2017: N/A
June 2017: Cars 3 (PIXAR)
Nov 2017: Coco (PIXAR)
Dec 2017: Untitled (LAFT)

March 2018: Gigantic (WDAS)
June 2018: Toy Story 4 (PIXAR)
Nov 2018: Untitled (LAFT)

March 2019: Untitled (LAFT)
June 2019: The Incredibles 2 (PIXAR)
Nov 2019: Untitled (LAFT)

March 2020: Untitled (PIXAR)
June 2020: Untitled (PIXAR)
Nov 2020: Untitled (WDAS)

2017 is the only year with a minor blip in this otherwise rather straightforward pattern: there's no March 2017 release from Pixar, WDAS, or a live-action fairy tale remake, while there's a LAFT remake scheduled for December. It looks like Star Wars: Episode VII is moving into Marvel's turf with a May 2017 release rather than risk competing directing with Avatar 2 in December 2017.

I haven't analyzed Marvel and Star Wars releases yet, but anyway, 5 years is so far away that I think the March release will probably be moved, like Pixar's other films that were originally scheduled for a release outside June/November and then ended up being moved back into June/November. They've already shifted Cars 3 and TS4 around, so whatever's set for March 2020 shouldn't be anything definite. And I agree, 3 months is definitely pushing it in terms of marketing and such. Luckily Pixar's consistent hold on June doesn't seem in danger of being removed though.

Finally, unrelated to Pixar, but I'm thinking that the November 2020 WDAS release is probably Frozen 2. It's probably the only WDAS film that would have the necessary box office clout to overcome Pixar (hence why Pixar is moving to March in 2020, while Zootopia & Gigantic are the the ones moving out of the way in 2016 and 2018 respectively), and there's no other reserved slots for WDAS until then. However this is just completely speculative, as, again, 2020 is so far away that there's probably going to be scheduling changes and things shifting around between now and then.
Quote 1 0
Sebastian Barnes
I think this two would be anounced at the Cinema Com 2016,
Think about it, the Untitled Dia de los muertos film was anounced there and the good dinosaur title too.
And also it needs to be a 4 year aticipation 
Inside out (2015) anounced in 2011
the godd dinosaur (2015) anounced in 2011
coco (2017) anounced in 2012
toy story 4 (2018) anounced in 2014
Quote 0 0
Pricklepants
I doubt that Pixar will be providing details on original features 3-4 years in advance. They might do that for sequels, but not originals. It's easier for copycats to jump on an original idea, develop something during this time, and release it close to Pixar to steal the thunder. Safe to say it'll be a while until we know what these new ideas are. 
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
I don't think they'll provide details but maybe a bit of a tease, with something more than "Untitled Film" - like how Inside Out was revealed as the film that took place in the mind, TGD was initially revealed as a Pixar movie about dinosaurs, and Coco was for the longest time "Untitled Lee Unkrich Film about Día de Los Muertos". However, I wonder if we'll get to find out if Brian Fee and Mark Andrews are possibly attached to those, since we know they're working on original films.
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Yeah should be interesting, to see what Brain Fee, Mark Andrews and Dan Scanlon are cooking up within Pixar. Personally I'm most excited to see Dan Scanlon's original animated film, don't get me wrong I'm also pretty excited for Brian Fee and Mark Andrews as well, just not as much as Scanlon. Unlike most people I loved Monsters University and thought it was a terrific movie and did a great job of staying true to the original movie and it's characters as well as introducing favorite characters, like Mike and Sulley to a whole new audience. Scanlon did such a wonderful job on Monsters University, I can't wait to see his original film, but I'm sure it will be terrific. Here is another directors working on a possible upcoming Pixar film, and that director is Bob Peterson, he was the original director of The Good Dinosaur, but after problems with the film, Peterson was moved to another project. He says he is currently working on another project right now, he is working on Finding Dory right now, but I'm sure he is also secretly working on a little original Pixar film of his own. I really want Sanjay Patel to direct his own feature film, after seeing what a wonderful job he did with Sanjay's Super Team, the thoughts of what he could bring to the screen for a feature are just exciting. I really want Ralph Eggleston to direct a feature at Pixar. I just love his art style, whenever I read my Pixar Art Of Books, I love his art in the book the most. I just love the way the art just kind of stands out, and is powerful enough just to explain itself.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy