ReptilePatrol
Over the weekend (or at least, I noticed it this weekend hehe), it appears that Disney has officially started ramping up Inside Out's Oscar campaign so I thought it'd be great if we could have a thread to keep track of it throughout the awards season.

To start off, I spotted this For Your Consideration ad floating around and wanted to share it. Beautifully designed for a mature feel, and also interesting how they're not bothering to advertise the film for Best Animated Feature (where it's the heavy favorite to win already) and going straight to the big categories like Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay. Fingers crossed that Inside Out will get on the Best Picture lineup like Up and Toy Story 3 [smile]

[huhgSJ5] 

Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
if there is any movie that deserves to win the oscar for best picture this year then thats deffinltly Inside out[biggrin]
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Another ad for Inside Out also really goes for the emotional element. The Good Dinosaur and Sanjay's Super Team are also officially listed now (although we know Sanjay's has already advanced through the first round). We'll be working up a full post with even more details regarding Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur soon!

Inside Out For Your Consideration 2- Pixar Post.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Sally
Those posters are so beautifully made

It just also need an sound award nonimation
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
[insideOut_fyc_728x90] 

[tgd-fyc-728x90] 

Found some more. Interesting how Inside Out is skipping over Best Animated Feature and going straight after Best Picture, while The Good Dinosaur has been relegated to an Animated Feature campaign. Also interesting is the serious campaign Disney is committing for a Best Cinematography run for TGD - Disney is usually very conservative in advertising categories to consider films for (neither film is listed for Best Sound Editing or Best Sound Mixing, traditional Pixar playgrounds).

Speaking of that, it appears that Shannon Mills is the Supervising Sound Editor of both Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. He's sound edited for Pixar before but doesn't have any previous Oscar nominations, probably due to the fact that he's only recently been in a supervisory position. Pixar usually does well in Best Sound Editing (Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, and Toy Story 3 have all been nominated, with The Incredibles winning, though most of the sound editors on those films haven't been credited for Inside Out or Good Dino) but I wonder if it'll continue now that they've got someone new?

Best Sound Mixing is a different story. The Incredibles, Ratatouille and WALL-E have been the only Pixar films nominated here, so it's a bit weaker than Sound Editing. However, the credentials of Inside Out's Sound Mixers is very impressive - Michael Semanick (won two Oscars, nominated for Ratatouille & WALL-E), Tom Johnson (won two Oscars, though he hasn't had a Pixar nomination yet), and Doc Kane (nominated 4 times, including for The Incredibles and Ratatouille). The Good Dinosaur's sound mixing crew is the same except with Vince Caro replacing Doc Kane. So overall, it seems like Pixar has a better case for Sound Mixing nominations than Sound Editing, even though it traditionally does a lot better in Sound Editing.

This brief analysis is based entirely on the credentials of the designated nominees should Inside Out and/or TGD be nominated for Sound Editing and/or Mixing, so if anybody has a different point of view in looking at this, I'd love to hear it!

Disney's awards site: http://www.waltdisneystudiosawards.com/
It's got the three Pixar properties for this year, in addition to two Marvel films and Cinderella. Brad Bird's Tomorrowland and Steven Spielberg's Bridge of Spies are mysteriously missing though, not sure why.
Quote 0 0
ThisDayInPixar
Man, those are gorgeous posters, just love them! Having not yet seen The Good Dinosaur, just from the trailers and what I've heard, I really think it should be a good contender for Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects, in addition to Best Animated Feature. As for Inside Out, I will be disappointed if it doesn't get a Best Picture nomination. I think it should also get a couple more between Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Original Score, Art Direction and Original Screenplay.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
ReptilePatrol wrote: Found some more. Interesting how Inside Out is skipping over Best Animated Feature and going straight after Best Picture

Here's the full rundown - the posters are just highlighting the top categories they're going for.

Inside Out
[Inside%2BOut%2BFor%2BYour%2BConsideration%2BCategories%2B-%2BPixar%2BPost] 
The Good Dinosaur
[The%2BGood%2BDinosaur%2BFor%2BYour%2BConsideration%2BCategories%2B-%2BPixar%2BPost] 
You also provided a fantastic breakdown of the Sound editors/mixers! You always have the best awards and detailed analysis!

ThisDayInPixar wrote: As for Inside Out, I will be disappointed if it doesn't get a Best Picture nomination.
Yes - myself as well. It was such a fantastic film and definitely deserves the recognition - it is by far on par with Up and Toy Story 3 for story depth and the world.
Quote 1 0
Arlo
I think the following should win these positions: 

Best Picture-Inside
Out
This film I think is worthy of winning best picture! I see no reason why an animated film can't win the best picture! And Inside Out is definitely Best Picture worthy. 

Best Animated Film-The Good
 Dinosaur 
I think it would be great if two Pixar films could win amazing awards, Inside Out (best picture) and The Good Dinosaur (best-animated film). I also see no reason why The Good Dinosaur can't win! The film looks amazing and gorgeous not to mention the amazing soundtrack. I also hope that Mychael Danna and Jeff Danna win for Best Original Score on this film. Based on what I've heard it sounds fantastic, and I think they are worthy 

Best Director-Pete Docter or Peter Sohn 
I actually don't know which one should win Best Director. I feel like Pete Docter has been at Pixar longer and hasn't had as much attention. Pete Docter has also done other amazing films (Monsters Inc. and Up for example) and I feel like he does not get as much attention as the other Pixar guys, John Lasseter (my hero), Andrew Stanton and Brad Bird. But then Peter Sohn, is new to the world of animation and I think has done a fantastic job directing The Good Dinosaur, based on what I've seen. What do you think T.J.? 

Best Animated Short-Sanjay's Super Team 
Sanjay Patel does deserve this win, as this story was so hard for him to tell as it was so personal, also the animation and lighting looks fantastic!

Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Arlo wrote: I think the following should win these positions:

Best Picture-Inside Out: This film I think is worthy of winning best picture! I see no reason why an animated film can't win the best picture! And Inside Out is definitely Best Picture worthy.

I agree. [smile]

Arlo wrote: Best Animated Film-The Good Dinosaur: I think it would be great if two Pixar films could win amazing awards, Inside Out (best picture) and The Good Dinosaur (best-animated film). I also see no reason why The Good Dinosaur can't win! The film looks amazing and gorgeous not to mention the amazing soundtrack. I also hope that Mychael Danna and Jeff Danna win for Best Original Score on this film. Based on what I've heard it sounds fantastic, and I think they are worthy.

Well, I haven't seen this movie yet, but I'm thinking maybe Peanuts or Inside Out should win. I don't know, since I haven't watched the film yet, but they're both really amazing films that definitely deserve the award as well.

I actually want the Inside Out/Michael Giacchino to win. I haven't heard the score yet, so I'm not sure if I want Good Dino to win, but Inside Out was so heartfelt and emotional that it definitely deserves the title too.

Arlo wrote: Best Animated Short-Sanjay's Super Team: Sanjay Patel does deserve this win, as this story was so hard for him to tell as it was so personal, also the animation and lighting looks fantastic!

Ehh, I dunno. I still want The Dam Keeper to win. Lava was great, but it shouldn't get the Oscar. I can't think of any other shorts.
Quote 0 0
Sally
My preditions for Inside Out:

Best Picture (it won't win but just an honor)
Best Original Screenplay (it needs to win that one and the script was beautiful)
Best Animated Feature (will 100% win)
Best Art Direction
Best Original Score (i need Giacchino to win too)
Best Sound Mixing

The Good Dinosaur:

Best Animated Feature (really tough but possible)
Best Original Score
Best Film Editing
Best Cinematography

(Peace_Love_Pixar, The Dam Keeper was nominated this year, but lost to Feast)
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Yeah. I'm not sure if Inside Out will win Best Picture, but it definitely deserves it. It has everything a best picture film should have heart, humor, great storytelling, great music, great actors and actress, great script, and of course emotions. It deserves screenplay and art direction. Even though I love Giacchino's score on Inside Out. The Good Dinosaur's score also sounds like a masterpiece. So not sure about that one. The Good Dinosaur definitely deserves best cinematography, the shots in this animated film are absolutely stunning and possibly some of the best-animated landscapes in a Disney or Pixar film I've ever seen.

Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Sally wrote:
(Peace_Love_Pixar, The Dam Keeper was nominated this year, but lost to Feast)

Aw, right! So unfair. That short (Feast) was good, but The Dam Keeper was heart touching and the colors/animation was unlike anything I ever seen before.

But can it be nominated again? I don't know much about this Oscar stuff. [tongue]

(I don't want to sound obsessive over a short, but it's just that I really loved this little film. [smile])
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
@TJ yeah I saw that! The interesting part tho is how Disney is so confident in Inside Out's chances of dominating in Best Animated Feature that they're not even bothering to campaign for it, as they have done for previous Pixar films and currently are for The Good Dinosaur. Amy Poehler's lack of a Best Actress campaign (or even mention) is also surprising, as she's been cited in reviews several times for delivering one of the best voice performances of all time.

These are my brief thoughts on each film's chances at the Oscars. I'll do a detailed analysis with a look at their biggest competitors in each category later.:

Sanjay's Super Team is looking solid for a Best Animated Short film nomination. Whether it will win is another question. I have yet to see Sanjay's and two other shorts said to be extremely good (Prologue and Cosmos) so we'll have to see.

Given The Good Dinosaur's Brave-level reviews, I highly doubt it will get a nomination outside of Best Animated Feature, and Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects would be long shots. Historically, technical achievements, however deserving, tend to get overlooked if people don't like the movie enough. Best Production Design (Art Direction) is probably not happening due to how it's just based on Wyoming (Inside Out's fantastical worlds would yield much better chances) even though it is technically impressive for animation (those wishing to reward TGD's visuals will probably push for a Best Visual Effects nomination instead).

Predictions (as of now):
Nomination for Best Animated Feature [near lock]
Possible predictions for Best Original Score, Best Visual Effects and/or Best Cinematography
Long shot for Best Original Screenplay and Best Production Design

Inside Out on the other hand, is riding high and benefits from The Good Dinosaur's shortcomings as Pixar/animation fans will now coalesce around Inside Out instead of being split. Best Animated Feature is already a lock for the win, with Anomalisa being the only serious threat. I'd also say Best Original Screenplay is close to a lock for the win, but for now just definitely a lock for a nomination because the live-action competition hasn't been fully considered yet (Spotlight will probably be Inside Out's biggest threat; ironically, Spotlight screenwriter Tom McCarthy was previously nominated in Best Original Screenplay for Pixar's Up). Best Original Score is another very likely nomination. Best Sound Mixing and/or Best Sound Editing are possibilities, as I've discussed above. Inside Out making history as the first animated film to get nominated for Best Production Design and possibly even Best Film Editing are both long shots, but still possible. Finally, Best Picture is most definitely within the realm of possibility, but given the intense competition there and the amount of unknowns, I'll say it's likely but not definite.

Predictions (as of now):
Nominations for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Screenplay [locks]
Nominations for Best Original Score and Best Picture [near locks]
Nominations for Best Sound Mixing and/or Best Sound Editing [possibly]
Long shot for Best Production Design, Best Film Editing, Best Visual Effects, and Best Director

Bit of a shame neither has an original song because Best Original Song is pretty wide open right now, but oh well haha.
Quote 1 0
Arlo
Maybe "I lava you" from Lava could be nomminated for best original song
Quote 0 0
ThisDayInPixar
I hope having 2 Pixar films doesn't cause votes to be split between the 2. For instance, I can definitely see both getting nominated for Original Score. While personally I enjoyed Giacchino's Inside Out score more, I think The Good Dinosaur score was very good, and I wonder if voters will split between them. I guess it's a long way away and a lot has to happen to have both films competing for the same awards. Just some early morning musing.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy