ReptilePatrol
The Tribeca Film Festival has announced Pixar’s latest short film, “Bao”:

https://www.tribecafilm.com/filmguide/bao-2018

Synopsis:
Quote:
An empty-nesting Chinese mom gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life. But she must come to terms with the bittersweet revelation that nothing stays cute and small forever.

Although I haven’t seen Disney or Pixar officially confirm this is Pixar’s latest short film, the film is written and directed by Domee Shi (Annie Award-nominated storyboard artist on Inside Out), executive produced by Pete Docter and John Lasseter, and features a plethora of Pixar regulars on its crew, in addition to a press/sales contact located at Pixar.

There is a rumor going around that this will screen in theatres with Incredibles 2, and although that seems likely assuming Tribeca isn’t pulling off some elaborate hoax, I have yet to see an official confirmation.

Side thought: it’s interesting that the film is titled “Bao,” which is from the Mandarin word “包“ (meaning “package,” “to package/wrap,” or “bun”), but the synopsis instead mentions dumplings. 
Quote 3 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
We can neither confirm nor deny the information above! 😉 But...if Tribeca is posting about it - open season. Thanks for spotting and sharing this!!!
Quote 0 0
PixarsBiggestFan
Definitely seems interesting.

According to Eater, there was a press note which states “the ups and downs of the parent-child relationship through the colorful, rich, and tasty lens of the Chinese immigrant community in Canada.”

https://www.eater.com/2018/3/27/17169646/pixar-dumpling-short-film-bao
Quote 1 0
ReptilePatrol
Interesting! Not sure if this is related, or if Shi is from there, but that just reminded me of how Pixar used to have a branch in Vancouver, which has one of Canada’s largest ethnic Chinese communities.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
She grew up in Toronto, Canada (moved there when she was 2) and was born in China. So, this definitely seems pulled (or inspired) from her own experiences.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Bao-Domee-Shi-Photo.jpg 
We wrote a post about the news as well (and had fun putting the lead image together) - thanks again for the heads up (we gave ReptilePatrol a nod)! 

As I was writing it, I couldn't help but wonder (with the diversity in this short film) if this was originally supposed to be paired up with Coco. It would have made a lot of sense to showcase two cultures under the umbrella of one theater experience...but...although I assume this may have been the plan (before Olaf's came into the picture), I think placing this film separately makes it feel more like Pixar is spreading the diversity out versus bundling it. So, that's a long way of saying that I think it is better to spread it out.

As we pointed out in the article, there are quite a few "firsts" for this film - first Pixar short directed by a female & the longest Pixar short film to-date. Pretty cool!
Quote 2 0
Luis504170
That actually crossed my mind as well T.J (the theory that it was originally paired with Coco) heck it would it made for a short that was 14 minutes shorter. I love the story, it sounds sweet, looks like it will be another heartstrings puller. 

Also, are we used to the shorts being announced this late? Or is this timing usual?
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
I'm disappointed in the human design. I guess I was expecting a more unique art style for this short. She looks like she'd be right at home next to Spot or Fatter Spot (from L.O.U). Which...I guess there's nothing inherently wrong with a studio sticking to a style, but I'm just not a big fan of it. 

The dumpling is a whole other story. I love it already and I'm already sad. Why can't it stay small and cute forever? It's too cute to not be small and cute forever! I actually don't even want to see this because I know however it ends is going to hurt A LOT!

Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:

As we pointed out in the article, there are quite a few "firsts" for this film - first Pixar short directed by a female & the longest Pixar short film to-date. Pretty cool!

Funny coincidence/fun fact; Dreamworks' first female director was on a China themed project, too (though that woman's Korean). Irrelevant but kind of neat. 
Quote 2 0
Luis504170
I agree with Bonnie, the dumpling storyline simply can't get any more adorable! The fact that it's a story about a mother having a second shot at motherhood just absolutely makes my heart soar, and my eyes water. Just Pixar being Pixar I guess, (but being Pixar effectively) 
Quote 1 0
PixarPug
Domee Shi was picked as one of Variety's 10 Animators to Watch this year.  Interesting little tidbit in their article:

Shi doesn’t look like other Pixar directors — just 28 years old, she’s not white, nor male — but her short “Bao” fits beautifully into the studio’s oeuvre, and the company’s so-called Brain Trust so loved one of her other original ideas that they’ve invited her to develop it into a feature.

http://variety.com/gallery/10-animators-to-watch-2018-variety/#!9/domee-shi
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Wow, this is great news!! Thanks for passing that along - we wrote up a quick post and made sure to give you a nod, PixarPug!!

We're excited to see what her film may be about and see when that film may be slotted into the lineup - I'd have to guess it wouldn't be before 2023 though since it's in development and since she basically just wrapped on Bao.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Awesome news!

Edit: Also can't wait to hear more music in the short. I love Chinese themed instrumentals and that little bit at the end of the teaser was beautiful! 

Can we talk about Bao's merchandise potential? Is it stupid of me to hope for plush toys and an art book? I realize they don't merchandise shorts very often, but it's just SO CUTE and Sanjay's Super Team got a book. 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I think it would be great if they had more merch for Bao - between the Funko Pop and Plush, that's a good start, but I also do hope that they have an Art of book for the short. I don't think so though since Sanjay's was most likely a test to see if people were interested or not. But they should!
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy