Peace_Love_Pixar

Take a look!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm still not excited for this film...yet. I'm not saying I won't be excited, just not from what I've seen. I'll still go see it even if I don't get there eventually, but I just don't get why I should care about the story yet from the trailers. The visuals look fantastic and I like some of the character designs, but others I'm not a fan of (Maui specifically for some reason).

Am I the only one that's not pumped up yet, or am I crazy? Ha!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
MOANA-218.0_061.70_0058_RGB-ONLINE.jpg

Since I was feeling like I may not have done enough research on the film either...I read through some more of the plot details as well (pasted below in case you haven't read it recently either). 

Three thousand years ago, the greatest sailors in the world voyaged across the vast Pacific, discovering the many islands of Oceania. But then, for a millennium, their voyages stopped – and no one knows exactly why.

From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes “Moana,” a sweeping, CG-animated feature film about an adventurous teenager who sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana (voice of Auli‘i Cravalho) meets the mighty demigod Maui (voice of Dwayne Johnson), who guides her in her quest to become a master wayfinder. Together, they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds, and along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she’s always sought: her own identity.

Directed by the renowned filmmaking team of Ron Clements and John Musker (“The Little Mermaid,” “Aladdin,” “The Princess & the Frog”), produced by Osnat Shurer (“Lifted,” “One Man Band”), and featuring music by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Mancina and Opetaia Foa‘i, “Moana” sails into U.S. theaters on Nov. 23, 2016.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
My thoughts;

- Okay so she DOESN'T have super powers? I could swear an interview said she did, but everything shown since then seems to point to the ocean just doing whatever it does on its own. I like the latter much better.

- Oh please don't do the thing where they don't like each other at first and then need to learn to cooperate. Just because it's not a romance doesn't make it not a cliche. They've used that for four out of five movies this decade. While we're at it, I hope Moana doesn't end up being the wide eyed, happy dreamer type and Maui doesn't end up being the snarky guys who looks down on her. Because that's been used for three of five movies. 

- I see that little easier-to-animate hair bun, Disney. [Winking_zps1d9118ce] 

- I'm sure it's pointless to bring up because everyone else is also going to, but yeah, beautiful animation here. 

- Fourth animated trailer I've seen this year with some kind of butt joke. Still not funny. 

- What WAS funny was Maui throwing her off the canoe, that was the best part of this trailer.

- I notice a conspicuous lack of her pig in this trailer. And on the subject of sidekicks, I'm already annoyed with the rooster. 

Quote: Am I the only one that's not pumped up yet, or am I crazy? Ha!

Eeeeh. The movie's in the "Looks nice, I'll get around to seeing it in theaters eventually" category for me, like everything else coming out this year that didn't just look godawful. It looks like it could be fun, and the only thing standing out as irritating is the aforementioned rooster. But it doesn't get me truly excited, like Inside Out and Peanuts did. I'm still waiting for another movie like that, and I'm afraid I'll end up waiting until Coco.
Quote 1 0
ReptilePatrol
The three things I am excited for in this movie are Ron Clements, John Musker, and Lin-Manuel Miranda. The marketing material released so far hasn't really influenced me at all, other than make me hope the movie will be better than the trailers. I'm just in it for those three, because of the great work they've done in the past. They could be making a movie that's the total opposite of Moana and I'd still be just as interested. Not that the premise of Moana is uninteresting — I'm always open to new ideas from filmmakers — but my level of excitement for a movie usually correlates more with the reputation of those making it, rather than what is presented in marketing materials.
Quote 1 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Well, I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not super duper excited for it, if you know what I mean. [wink]

I was asking around, and I found out that a couple of people are still not quite sure what the movie's about. I asked my friend too, and she barely knows anything about it, which kind of points to marketing (I guess, but I'm think it's because it's release is kind of far away).

As for her bun later in the trailer, I actually like it. She looks nice with it, and I think it's the first character in a WHILE to actually have a bun for a change, instead of long hair, which isn't bad, but I do like how it looks on her.

The pig, whose name I believe to be Pua, I think is not supposed to go on the journey with her, or maybe she leaves 'em behind cause in the teaser it shows Pua sitting next to Moana while Maui is dancing. The rooster (Hei Hei?) I think stows away.

Also, I'm afraid I'm having trouble identifying trailers, which is kind of funny. I mean, for Inside Out you can show the dinner scene trailer and I'd be able to tell that that's the first official trailer (or the second after the teaser) and for The Good Dinosaur you can show the one with the song Crystals (I think that's what it's called) and I'd remember it to be the first official trailer as well, but for Moana you can mesh both the second and third trailers and I wouldn't be able to tell the two apart.

Also, repeating what others have already said, the animation is so dang beautiful!!! I'm not usually going out of my way to say something looks great, but this stuff is just plain visually pleasing. Really, woah. They have the fire and all the oranges and reds and yellows just blend together to show the different temperatures in certain part of the lava monster's body, not to mention that the oceans cool blues look just so... fantastic. Like, comforting, you know?

Oh, and have you guys heard of the short Inner Workings yet? I'm not fully sure what it's about, but the organs look cute, so I dunno, I guess that counts for something. If you'd like I can find an article that talks about Moana's short. I read one a while ago...

Anyway, I think those are all my thoughts about the trailer. [smile]
Quote 1 0
Sally
Now i really want to see the film now

First, im surprised Moana's parents are still alive

The water looks AMAZING, if you haven't seen the Japanese trailer, it shows the water, amd it reminds me of that one James Cameron movie The Abyss

Maui, he's alright, i still don't like his design

Moana's rooster, Hei-Hei, stole the trailer for me, and yesterday, i had a nightmare in which it was the villain
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
I'm surprised how many people don't like Maui's design. What don't you guys like about it?

Quote: As for her bun later in the trailer, I actually like it. She looks nice with it, and I think it's the first character in a WHILE to actually have a bun for a change, instead of long hair, which isn't bad, but I do like how it looks on her. 

Oh I'm not complaining about the bun. It's just that the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it was that they were using that to avoid animating long hair. Which, to be fair, is an assumption I don't have any way to confirm. And yeah, buns are pretty rare (I think the last one was Tiana. Can't think of any outside of Disney either. The girl from Home put it up for portions of that movie, I think). 

Quote:
The pig, whose name I believe to be Pua, I think is not supposed to go on the journey with her, or maybe she leaves 'em behind cause in the teaser it shows Pua sitting next to Moana while Maui is dancing. The rooster (Hei Hei?) I think stows away. 

Ah. That would explain it. I hope one stays behind because two cutesy sidekicks is pushing it as far as I'm concerned.

Quote: Oh, and have you guys heard of the short Inner Workings yet? I'm not fully sure what it's about, but the organs look cute, so I dunno, I guess that counts for something. If you'd like I can find an article that talks about Moana's short. I read one a while ago... 

Just going off the vague plot description I found of that short, I am going to guess that this thing is going to get compared to that Mind Divided short so many times it'll surpass the amount of times Inside Out was. 

Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
I'm all right with Maui's design. It suits him, in my opinion.

Sally wrote: Now i really want to see the film now

First, im surprised Moana's parents are still alive

Heh heh, lol me too. [smile] Not only that, but I think she has a grandma too, though I'm not sure. Imagine that!

Sally wrote: Maui, he's alright, i still don't like his design

Why don't you like it?

Bonnie wrote: Oh I'm not complaining about the bun. It's just that the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it was that they were using that to avoid animating long hair.

Oh no don't worry, I interpreted that that way, I was just saying that I like the bun, even if they did it cause it might have been easier to animate. [wink]

Bonnie wrote: Which, to be fair, is an assumption I don't have any way to confirm. And yeah, buns are pretty rare (I think the last one was Tiana. Can't think of any outside of Disney either. The girl from Home put it up for portions of that movie, I think).

Yeah, Tip. She puts it up throughout the film I think, but I remember her putting it up the most when she's going to meet her mom.

Bonnie wrote: I'm going off the vague plot description I found of that short, I am going to guess that this thing is going to get compared to that Mind Divided short so many times it'll surpass the amount of times Inside Out was.

I don't think so. Inner Workings is more physical- it characterizes organs and skeleton, while Mind Divided (I think-I haven't seen it) is more about the mind, making it more abstract. [wink]
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
Anna and Elsa had either buns (coronation scene) or braids throughout the entirety of Frozen, though.
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Oh right- I suppose that's true. [wink]
Quote 0 0
Bonnie

I don't know, do these count as buns? They're not really the same thing as what Moana has.

[com-3464]  
[com-3048]

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
2 International Trailers - not a ton of changes between the U.S. version...but a few new clips
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
The only thing that actually stood out to me (other than what I presume is a purposefully misdirecting cut together of two different scenes to make it look like she's controlling the water. That, or she ends up learning to do that by the end) is the fact that the non-English trailer has an English song not present in the English trailer.

I wonder if that'll show up in future English trailers. I hope it doesn't.

Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Bonnie wrote:
I don't know, do these count as buns? They're not really the same thing as what Moana has.

[com-3464]  
[com-3048]

Hmmmm... I think, if anything, Elsa's hairdo is more of a bun than Anna's. I'm thinking that technically though, they are both buns, although they (like you said) aren't the same as what Moana has.

Pixar Post - T.J. wrote: 2 International Trailers - not a ton of changes between the U.S. version...but a few new clips

The Japanese trailer I think may be my favorite so far. [biggrin]

As for the first one shown it is really similar to the US trailer, so there's not much to say except that the new glimpses we got were a treat.

Bonnie wrote: The only thing that actually stood out to me (other than what I presume is a purposefully misdirecting cut together of two different scenes to make it look like she's controlling the water. That, or she ends up learning to do that by the end) is the fact that the non-English trailer has an English song not present in the English trailer.

I wonder if that'll show up in future English trailers. I hope it doesn't.

I wonder if she'd have powers over the water. It'd kind of be weird and sort of terrible, cause they've been best friends and then she has complete power over the ocean instead of working together like pals.

As for the song, I doubt they'll have it in the movie. I mean, you get really engaged in the film and then by the end you hear a song that doesn't really mesh with the overall topic of Moana, and it'd feel out of place.

(The following involves speculation that could turn out to be potential spoilers, so proceed with caution) Unless... She turns out to be/into a goddess or something by the end. Maybe she works with Maui and then when everything works out by the end he gives the name of "god over the... sea" to Moana, seeing as she has become a "hero of man" and that she has such a good relationship with the ocean.

...Nah! Well, it's an idea- though not a very good one on my part. I guess we're gonna have to wait and see how it turns out. [tongue]
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy