Ultimate iPad Expert
I made this because I wanted to suggest something for the site and felt maybe one of you all have suggestions too.

Well, for the past 30 minutes or so, I've been posting some on the forum and noticed that a few other users are also on. I felt that maybe Pixar Post could have some sort of chat room where we could chat live about topics without having to fill up the forum too much. Just a suggestion, do you have one?
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
A chat room is something that we have talked about quite a bit actually! We even tested one with a few users as well. There are a couple tricky things we came across and haven't been able to overcome.
  1. Most of all - any of the platforms that are cost effective don't look good and the ones that have a look and feel similar to our site are quite expensive.
  2. For any of the most cost effective solutions it's harder to get a system that works universally. For instance, we actually have a system that we could use through our existing forum provider but it's all Java based and so many systems block Java now that it wouldn't make sense to go with that system (pretty much all Mac computers do now). Then, some other systems require a MQSQL or PHP background which our site doesn't allow PHP or MYSQL plugins.
  3. We've tested the idea among users and most feel like it would be a benefit from time to time, but not frequent usage.
So, that's a long way of telling you that we have definitely looked into it and it is still on the table as a future feature-add, but for now we're putting it on the back burner. I'm glad you expressed interest though and be sure to let us know even more. We're planning a few more things coming up and if they integrate well and have a good user adoption, then a chatroom would make even more sense (so there's definitely hope).
Quote 1 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote: A chat room is something that we have talked about quite a bit actually! We even tested one with a few users as well. There are a couple tricky things we came across and haven't been able to overcome.
  1. Most of all - any of the platforms that are cost effective don't look good and the ones that have a look and feel similar to our site are quite expensive.
  2. For any of the most cost effective solutions it's harder to get a system that works universally. For instance, we actually have a system that we could use through our existing forum provider but it's all Java based and so many systems block Java now that it wouldn't make sense to go with that system (pretty much all Mac computers do now). Then, some other systems require a MQSQL or PHP background which our site doesn't allow PHP or MYSQL plugins.
  3. We've tested the idea among users and most feel like it would be a benefit from time to time, but not frequent usage.
So, that's a long way of telling you that we have definitely looked into it and it is still on the table as a future feature-add, but for now we're putting it on the back burner. I'm glad you expressed interest though and be sure to let us know even more. We're planning a few more things coming up and if they integrate well and have a good user adoption, then a chatroom would make even more sense (so there's definitely hope).

Thanks, I understand that it may take a little while to do that, if you do. For now I suggest that any that wants a chat room for Pixar fans, you check out Pixar Wiki (http://pixar.wikia.com)'s chat room. (which Jeff from This Day in Pixar runs) http://pixar.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat
Quote 1 0
shadowjonathan
Sent here from T.J.
Ok most on this forum/site is pretty serious, but my suggestion is a part of the site (a twitter part perhaps) could be a place where people could post random stuff ( self made stories (little fanfics), twitter retweets, little discoveries, own trailer reactions etc.) witch is less serious but still important (and funny).
Quote 1 0
shadowjonathan
Btw does it really cost that much to support images? A extra 3-6 GB done to save png files? C'mon there has got to be a way to make this work (found a not-working image again).
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
shadowjonathan wrote: Sent here from T.J. Ok most on this forum/site is pretty serious, but my suggestion is a part of the site (a twitter part perhaps) could be a place where people could post random stuff ( self made stories (little fanfics), twitter retweets, little discoveries, own trailer reactions etc.) witch is less serious but still important (and funny).
Good suggestion - by the way, we do have the General Community Forum where people can post about anything they want (Pixar-related or not). If this isn't what you were thinking of, please expand and let us know a little more of what you'd be looking for so we can look into it. Thanks again.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
shadowjonathan wrote: Btw does it really cost that much to support images? A extra 3-6 GB done to save png files? C'mon there has got to be a way to make this work (found a not-working image again).
Let's put it this way - like I mentioned, I understand this is a frustration point for you and it is something that we'd like to amend as well. I have actually been in discussions with our forum host about the cost for storage and getting them to come down. The prices are not outrageous, but they're not in line with what storage prices should be for today's market. If we were in the business of skimping for the sake of skimping, we wouldn't be spending money monthly to have our site, host a podcast, host a forum, host a gallery and invest countless hours to chat about Pixar, run a book club and have live Google Hangouts to chat about news as it's released. 

This will be amended in the future (as I hinted at) once we launch the Pixar Post Insider. Be patient and enjoy the ride - have fun, keep posting like you have and it will be here before you know it. Always look on the bright side!
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Amen T.J. [smile]
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
This is kind of similar to ShadowJohnathan, but kind of different, too.

I was thinking maybe in the Overall Pixar Films Discussion section we could put a "Small Pixar Thoughts" thread. It's a thing that's on another forum I frequent; basically, just a single thread for any thoughts people might have that are Pixar related but don't really have enough discussion potential to warrant a full fledged thread. 

Not that it's really something that needs mod/admin help to start or anything, I just don't want to do something like that and then find out they'd prefer we just make threads even if there won't be replies, so I wanted to sort of run the idea through here. 

Also, any chance of maybe getting the ability to make our avatars bigger than the current limit?
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Bonnie wrote: I was thinking maybe in the Overall Pixar Films Discussion section we could put a "Small Pixar Thoughts" thread. Not that it's really something that needs mod/admin help to start or anything, I just don't want to do something like that and then find out they'd prefer we just make threads even if there won't be replies, so I wanted to sort of run the idea through here.
You are certainly correct that you wouldn't need to ask for permission regarding this area, but I appreciate it nonetheless! I'm all for starting a small thoughts thread for those quick one-off things. Give it a go and lets see how it catches on.

Bonnie wrote: Also, any chance of maybe getting the ability to make our avatars bigger than the current limit?
Well, a few changes...
  1. I took out the file size limitation so you can upload any size file now and it will also scale down to 140x140 pixels without you having to worry about it.
  2. I increased the size of the avatars from 50 pixels to 140 pixels - what are everyone's thoughts? Do you like the avatars bigger or prefer them smaller in size? (The only quirk with the change in size is that people that had their avatar previously set will have to re-upload in order to take advantage of the larger limit). Also, with the larger avatar it also spaces out some of the smaller (one-sentence responses) - does the extra line break spaces bother you between responses or does it not matter to you either way
By the way - some more changes will be coming soon - just working some things out! [Smug_zpsbec03801]
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
  1. I took out the file size limitation so you can upload any size file now and it will also scale down to 140x140 pixels without you having to worry about it.
  2. I increased the size of the avatars from 50 pixels to 140 pixels - what are everyone's thoughts? Do you like the avatars bigger or prefer them smaller in size? (The only quirk with the change in size is that people that had their avatar previously set will have to re-upload in order to take advantage of the larger limit). Also, with the larger avatar it also spaces out some of the smaller (one-sentence responses) - does the extra line break spaces bother you between responses or does it not matter to you either way
I like that we have bigger icons, they're better for seeing people avatars. For instance, some people have used their Inside Out fan art as their icons and we can see them better with the bigger size. Also, my avatar is really intricate, so before now it was had the see the details  as well, now you can see them much better.

Pixar Post - T.J. wrote: By the way - some more changes will be coming soon - just working some things out! [Smug_zpsbec03801]

Excited to see what else you can add. I'm curious as to if you'll be making a chat room, so we could chat together without filling up a forum post with replies and such. Just a suggestion, because it may be hard to do so, I'm honestly not sure. [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
Maybe put a countdown widget to the latest Pixar film on the main page.
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
mynameiskhannie wrote: Maybe put a countdown widget to the latest Pixar film on the main page.

I like this idea. [Cool_zpsf7e1371b]
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Ultimate iPad Expert wrote: I'm curious as to if you'll be making a chat room
It's in the works! I briefly turned it on yesterday and did a quick test, but I still have a little work to do. [Winking_zps1d9118ce]
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
Wow, I didn't know you were actually working on one!

Keep on working then!
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy