Pixar Post - T.J.
Hey, friends - well, there was an excellent, unearthed Pixar story that surfaced recently from Mike Mozart (a toy creator, reviewer, artist, and a ton more) about the back story of Toy Story, and we wanted to share it in the forum to get everyone's thoughts. We wrote additional details from the interview on our homepage (link here) and can't even believe how touching the story is — even as a recounting of a story Joe Ranft told to Mike. 

Toy-Story-Zero.jpg 

The story is all about the history of Woody, Andy's Dad, how Andy Junior (who we know as Andy) received Woody from his Dad and much more. 

What are your thoughts? Would you like to see this made into a Pixar movie (animated or live action), should it be an illustrated official book, or just exist as it is today?

Also, which story element stood out to you the most - we loved the emotional moment of the key being removed from the wallet...geez, that's heavy.
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
Wow, this just, blew my mind. 

I have many thoughts after reading your post and watching the video SuperCarlinBrothers did on this. 

First off, I think it is amazing how we finally have the story to Woody and his dad. It is indeed very sad, and it explains the extremely emotional connection Andy has to Woody. 

The fact that there were pictures of Andy's dad in the house blows my mind. 

All the timelines fit together so well, it makes absolute sense that this story came from the original Pixar braintrust.

The only problem I see is: If Woody was the last thing Andy's dad gave Andy before his passing, why would Andy just give it away at the end of Toy Story 3? I mean sure, he outgrew the toys, but the emotional attachment is still there, I think everyone in his position would have kept Woody. 

What do you think about the Toy Story 3 thing, am I exaggerating? 

Anyway, this was so satisfying to read, I am a changed man, lol. Thanks for sharing. 
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
It is totally an emotional story and the question you asked about Toy Story 3 and Andy passing along Woody is probably the most common now. The problem is that when Lee Unkrich was working on Toy Story 3, he may not have known all of those details. Also, the story wouldn't have been as strong if Andy didn't really make that step in his life and realize that he didn't need his toys in person to know that they live on in his heart and mind. Overall though - yeah, having that history, you'd think he would have kept them, but I don't think Pixar wanted to be beholden to a story which (up until now) hadn't been told before.

Finally - the Super Carlin Brothers version of the video is great since I love how it ties in the photos from the stairwell and snippets from Mike's interview...but, if you have the time (40 minutes), you should totally watch Mike's original video (in our post). In our opinion, the emotional storytelling style that Mike has really sells the story and induces way more tears!! [Crying2_zpscd88994b]
Quote 1 0
heartdisney10
Very interesting, sad and moving. 💓 I wonder what Pixar Braintrust thinks about this. 🤔

Did I understand correctly when he said that when all the Woody dolls were destroyed the company began manufacturing Buzz toys?
Wouldn't that have been a huge lapse in time between Andy Sr. and Andy Jr.? Buzz was the latest and greatest toy during Andy Jr childhood.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Ahh - no, he didn't say that the company starting making Buzz toys, they just started making space toys. Kind of like when Stinky Pete says, "Sputnik" is what made him sit on a dime store shelf for an eternity. 

The one thing that's hanging out there for me is that they had to have made other versions of Woody since they had so many other products (including Jessie, Bullseye, etc.), but it just must have been this one particular version (with his hand-stitched poly vinyl hat) which was rare.
Quote 0 0
heartdisney10
Ah! I see. Thank you [smile]
It is a heartbreaking story and so wonderful that he got to hear it coming from Joe Ranft himself! Imagine being that lucky! Cherished friendship and memory for sure.
Quote 0 0
Daniel

Yep, there should be plenty of versions, although it could be a rare version, it certainly wouldn't "complete" any other versions of the toys with its own Woody's. Even more, if this toy is so unique (there is no other like this one, right?), it doesn't even complete the full sets of toys available. So, the Japanese museum wouldn't be so strict about having this particular toy. And, why on earth would they destroy all the other dolls? 

For me, this all sounds too much stilted. I don't know the video's guy, but I am even skeptical about the veracity of the story. For that reason, I am too very interested hearing a Pixar's official statement. If I recall correctly, the reason why Andy's dad wasn't in the movie was due to the difficulty back then in CGI humans.

Quote 0 0
PixarsBiggestFan
Writer Andrew Stanton said that it's false.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/24/toy-story-andy-dad-theory-debunked/

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewstanton/status/878729189540728832
Quote 1 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy