Dan the Pixar Fan
[1f891388-b06b-4fc2-b2aa-87f39b3dfc9c_zps5dbe324c] 
As we know, the Toy Story vinylmation series 2 line is coming out this year (no release date, however). One of my favorite things to do with a new series coming out is try to predict the characters that will be released. What we know already is that one will be Mrs. Nesbit Buzz (a hilarious choice) and that it will be a series of 8 rather than 12. Here is my predictions for the 7 others that will be released:

Slinky
Dolly
Zurg (I know we have a bigger one but I would like a 3" one)
Trixie
Twitch
Stinky Pete
And the chaser would be a black and white Woody from Woody's Roundup or Al of Al's Toy Barn : )

Vinylmation fans, what 7 would you like to see?!
Quote 0 0
mac95
It seems a little to early for me to make any true calls on it, but I really like the idea of the different versions of the characters, as seen with Mrs. Nesbit Buzz. Therefore, I would like a Mr. Cucumber Head, Partysaurus Rex(I know you'll like that one, T.J. and Julie [smile]), maybe an armless Woody, and hopefully a couple Hawaiian Vacation-themed ones. Also, it would be cool if one looked scared with an underlit face, like Toy Story of Terror!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Ha, Mac95, yeah we would of course love a Partysaurus one, but it most likely won't be included. Here's the set I'd like to see...
  • Julie wants to see Al dressed as the "chicken man" as the chaser
  • I want to see a Glowing Buzz like how we see him in Toy Story of Terror but I doubt that would happen since we're already getting the Mrs. Nesbit one.
  • I know it would be hard, but I'd like to see the Pizza Planet Truck since it's so integral to the movies.
  • Agree with Mac95, any Hawaiian Vacation ones would be great - Rex as the bird, Pricklepants as the fish, etc.
  • I'd also think it would be cool to have Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead (probably harder due to licensing).
  • Maybe one of Geri (the cleaner)?
Dan, I agree with your picks as well - I'll reiterate the ones I really want to see...Slinky, Stinky Pete (I think this one will be included), Dolly, Zurg (a 3" one would be great), a black and white Woody would be great as well (I love all the black and white plush, vinyls, etc.). Oh and Trixie would be cool too! 

They're going to include another version of Woody for sure, but what other one could they do besides the black and white one...maybe one where he's got the fruit loops on his eyes and the burn mark on his head from Sid?
Quote 0 0
Gegeua
Maybe the chaser will be a different version of the Pixar/Luxo/Toy Story Ball!!! With the classic wallpaper and it all!
Quote 0 0
Gegeua
Or maybe we can get a Combat Carl or one of the "Toy Story of TERROR" toys. If they do it on time maybe a toy from "Toy Story That Time Forgot"
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
yah I really doubt any of the characters will be from the shorts, but hey, who am I to say! I agree with your list 100% TJ and Julie...LOVE the idea of AL in the chicken suite chaser. Glowing buzz (with glow in the dark paint) would be awesome as well but you're right, prob not another Buzz will be included. There will be another Woody for sure...you're right, I thought the same thing. Wonder what kind of variant it will be? And yah I didn't include the Potato heads cause of licensing...Mattel didn't even make a buddy pack of them so you know the rights are limited! But that would be cool if they got the rights to do it for sure!

haha the fruit loops Woody?? Genuis. Also Geri the cleaner would be a really funny touch. Can't wait to see the official announcement! I hope they're out before we go to Disney World in May!
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
All the way back to last summer, Toy Story series 2 was revealed to be coming out this August. We have yet to receive any details whatsoever on it so I'm wondering if it were pushed back? With the Pixar Villains series coming out August 19th, I'm assuming that's when the Toy Story ones were to be out.

If anyone out there knows, were they pushed back or cancelled/replaced by the villains altogether?
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Good question - I haven't heard any other news or updates on the Toy Story 2 series at all! I sure hope you're right that it comes out on August 19 as well. 

Anyone else heard anything on this?
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
UPDATE: Thanks to some great Vinylmation fan sites out there, like Vinylmation World, we now have a release date for Toy Story series 2...September 15th! That's coming up quick and I'm so pumped to see who we get. I was afraid it was delayed or cancelled! Since we just got Zurg, Al in chicken suite and Stinky Pete, we can safely assume any of those three will not be included. I'm still hoping for the Potato Heads (even though I doubt them cause of the licensing thing) and Slinky since they're really the only ones out of the original gang we don't have yet. I'm also hoping for a non-robot Sid to be included.

Also, just noticed my 1st post here in this topic, I predicted that Al would be a good choice for a chaser before the villains line came out, ha! AND THEN Julie went a step further and predicted a Al in Chicken Suite chaser! Good thinking guys...even if it wasn't for this series. Close enough!

There's so many to choose from, but here's my list of ones I'm still hoping for after Mrs. Nesbit Buzz :

Slinky
Mr. Potato Head
Mrs. Potato Head
Trixie
Dolly
Peas in a Pod
Stretch
Twitch
Chunk
Ken
Barbie
Any of the mutant toys (but specifically Baby Face)
Sid
The cleaner
Black and white Woody's roundup marionette
The bookworm...

If I see any of these included in the remaining 7, I'll be happy [biggrin] 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
PixarFanDan wrote: Good thinking guys...even if it wasn't for this series. Close enough!
Wow, what's crazy is that we even forgot about that prediction, and/or guess! Super cool! 

Also, now that you said the Book Worm, I'm kind of obsessing about it - that one needs to happen. Also, I'm a sucker for anything black-and-white or sepia toned and would love to see more of those!

Finally, I have to ask - why do you want the Baby Face one? That totally wouldn't be one of the first ones to come to my mind - ha!
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Hmm...I guess I didn't think it was too weird since it is a classic/recognizable character from the original film, even if it wouldn't make the most attractive vinylmation out there. I don't discriminate, I just love Toy Story and vinylmations so much that I'd like to see every character made, even the mutant toys! I was just trying to think of unique ones that would be thinking outside of the normal characters. Then I saw this custom design which I felt was pretty cool and fit the vinylmation body pretty perfectly:

[BabyFacev2_zpsb7c841c7] 
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Well look at this! As soon as I posted my comment above, I checked Vinylmation World for any news...and sure enough there was! We now have our official first look at the Toy Story Series 2 and we many of our predictions have made it in the mix...including a surprise Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head finally! Still surprised Slinky wasn't included but I'm sure his time will come eventually [smile]

[tray1_zpsf3c13dc2] 

Lets hear your thoughts! Favorites? What are final predictions for the chaser? Shoot em off!

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Wow, that's actually a really cool rendition of the Baby Face is actually really cool and you're right, it completely fits within the body shape and styling! 

I will definitely have to own the Mrs. Nesbit one for sure - that's a dead ringer for an awesome one! I'd also have to say that the black and white ones (as I mentioned) are amazing. I'd probably vote them in this order (favorite to least favorite).
  1. Mrs. Nesbit
  2. Black and White Woody
  3. Black and White Jessie
  4. Trixie
  5. Dolly
  6. Mr. Potato Head
  7. Mrs. Potato Head
I'm actually not 100% what the chaser would be in this case - maybe you'll get lucky and get Slinky! Doubt it though.
Quote 0 0
mac95
These are amazing! The colors,(and in some cases, lack of it [smile]) are simply spot-on! I think one of these guys pass the blind-box test to become the next addition to my Vinylmation collection, when the holidays roll around. My favorites, in order from greatest to least, are:

1. Black and White Woody
2. Black and White Jessie
3. Mr. Potatohead or Mrs. Nesbit, not sure which one I like more
4. Dolly
5. Mrs. Potato head
6. Trixie

I have to say I agree with you, T.J.! Just the fact that they are black and white make them extra-cool. I think the colors on the Potatoheads are particularly well done. My only complaint is Trixie. I'm not saying that she looks bad, I just personally feel they probably could have tackled her better and her face is a little... off. My prediction for a chaser is Partysaurus Rex. They've tackled unique characters that only appear in one film in this set(for all three films) so I guess a Toon is next, and start with a cool-looking one! Overall, a great set! Can't wait.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Ok- exciting news for vinylmation fans today...the Toy Story Series 2 chaser has been revealed!

Head to http://vinylmationworld.com/VMworldmob/wordpress/first-look-mystery-chaser-vinylmation-toy-story-series-2 to see who it is [smile]

Additionally, Ron Cohee, one of the very talented Vinylmation artists, agreed to an interview with me on the making of Vinylmation and about him and his career as a Disney Design Group artist. The interview is now up and can be viewed on my blog here: http://www.danthepixarfan.com/2014/09/interview-behind-scenes-of-vinylmation.html

EDITED by Pixar Post - T.J. - Regarding Dan's interview - I have actually created a separate topic regarding it because I thought it was interesting enough for it's own thread. Read more details on this thread.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy