Dan the Pixar Fan
This isn't too deep or insightful but still kind of a random question I have after watching Cars 2 again...

As you might know, Tomber is the little blue three-wheeled French car in Cars 2. He is seen in the Parisian market scene and is the one who darts away when he sees Finn's reflection leading to a chase and ultimately Holly tasering him. My question is why did he run (drive) away when he saw Finn as if he was up to no good? We know that he was actually a secret informant and a friend (ish) of Finn. Never quite got this one...anybody have an explanation for me?
Quote 0 0
Rachel Cranor
I don't really know either. Maybe they got into trouble during their last meet?
Quote 0 0
mac95
Yeah, I never understood this either. I always assumed that it was a little part of the plot that I never caught, so I just sort of forgot about it and didn't really put much thought into it. Possibly he doesn't like to tell him information publicly and is trying to get out of his life of espionage? Anyway, I might as well say here that I really like the chase scene and when Tomber sees Finn in the mirror, I always like the animation there.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
[f4dff5db-9495-4909-974c-35b8e930bd68_zpsa4e16db7] 

I've thought of that too and it really didn't make a whole lot of sense. I just turned on the scene and really re-watched it again to see if there was anything I hadn't picked up before. I have to say that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense...unless that's some game they play where they try and sneak up on each other (as Finn was trying to do). [Confused_zps36c72db0]

I mean, Tomber had to have known Finn was coming since he was Finn's informant, right?

OR, maybe that was all part of the plan so it would look like Finn had to rough him up first and that Tomber was dragged unwillingly with the spy (so the people in his town wouldn't suspect him as an informant). That's not likely, but thought I would throw it out since I thought of it.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Thanks for all the insights! Good points.

Nice touch with the picture TJ, thanks for that one and your good thoughts. They could totally be right! I'm glad I wasn't just totally missing something and that others are having a hard time understanding it as well. Leave it to you TJ to go back and thoroughly check back at the scene again...I always appreciate when you take the time to do stuff like that! I re-watched it like 3 times and hoped the audio commentary would have an explanation but it didn't.

I can't imagine it was just thrown in there for an action scene or that they were trying to hard to make you think he was a bad guy at first. Pixar's story telling skills are too good for that type of thing! I wonder if I asked John L., if he could tell me the real reasoning behind it : )

Anyway, it's really not a big deal (or crucial) but did have me thinkin! If anyone else has a reason shout it out here.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Oooh, you had me there Dan - I didn't think to go back and re-watch the director's commentary track though. It's such a small part, I'm not even sure John would remember if they made a specific decision about that or not.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
ha, yah maybe not : ) I'm trying to think if there are any other plot points/scenes that have gotten me stumped in other Pixar films...I'll have to look out for them and let people share their ideas here if I come across one.
Quote 0 0
mac95
Just thought of one, Dan! I know that this is a Cars 2 forum page, but you said about sharing the ideas here... So here it goes!
At the beginning of Wall-E, when the visual story of the past 700 years is taking place, a holograph says: "BnL starliners leaving every day. We'll clean up the mess, while you're away!" And we were shown lots of starliners taking off. So why was there only one that we saw later in the film, with none others to be seen? And if there WAS more, why did only one come back, the Axiom?
I can't figure this one out. Any ideas?
Also, in no way whatsoever do I mean to insult the film and the incredible team who made it the unique masterpiece it is today.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
That's a good point about WALL•Emac95. I think I could come up with a rationale for that one though. I think that the video at the beginning shows all the Axiom's taking off so that way we have a sense for why all of the humans are gone from Earth - if it was one ship taking off, we could have thought...is this just one city that's abandoned?

Further in the film, I think it's necessary to keep all of the other Axiom ships out of it so we stay focused in the story where we need to...on that one ship (plus, they could play it off of the vastness of space). They wanted to tell the story of that one ship only since that's where WALL•E and Eve are. Finally, I would think that them coming back first was solely because of them having the plant - once they were back and the ship could auto-confirm that there was life growing, they could signal the other ships to come back as well. OR...if they damaged the ships controls by stopping "Auto" from taking over, they may just be the only ones that end up making it back and have to start over.

Again, I'm not saying that I'm right, these are just my thoughts on that element of WALL•E[Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40] Good question mac95.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Very interesting thought and good question! I hadn't thought about that before but I have to agree 100% with TJs thoughts. The film's story needed to stay specific to one Axiom or else the story would have been all over the place. And it does make sense that the whole world couldn't fit on one of the ships. It is interesting to think of the other ships out there and if they ever made it back to earth as well.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/
http://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy