Pixar Post - T.J.
[d3a7292a-9751-4d0e-894a-aafc14fd1768_zps825d8b74] 

[ScreenShot2014-07-29at94838PM_zps10475d5f] 
------
On Twitter this evening, I saw a tweet that talked about how great the 3D was on Pixar's short, LAVA (paired up with Inside Out). So, simply enough, it made me wonder what you thought of 3D in movies...and I'll ask the question 2 ways.

1. Do you like 3D overall in movies - what do/don't you like about it? Too gimmicky? Is it just great for you?
  2. Do you like 3D in Pixar movies?

The reason I ask it separately is because I often find that the 3D in Pixar movies is much more tame and slightly enhances the experience rather than makes a gimmick of it. I still prefer to see a non-Pixar movie without 3D, but sometimes I still do (really only if it's not offered any other way). I guess paying the extra few dollars really doesn't do it for me to get something I don't care too much about. As far as Pixar movies - I see most of them a few times in theaters so at least one of those times, I end up seeing it in 3D (& I do enjoy it), but it's mostly a rarity.
Quote 0 0
mac95
I have never seen a Pixar movie in 3-D. I have only seen one movie in 3-D ever, which is Star Wars Episode 1:The Phantom Menace when it was re-released a few years ago. It didn't really add much for me. I think it is only a gimmick for computer animated films, because aren't CG movies supposed to make a much more 3-dimensional world that you can see into better anyway? It certainly works like that for me. Overall, I don't really care for it, but I guess other people find something to like or else it would not be so popular.
Quote 0 0
Rachel Cranor
My dad doesn't see the point. But I disagree. I got to see Toy Story 3 and Disney's Frozen in 3D, and it was worth it! Some movies don't need it, but if it has lots of simulation, such as the snow in Frozen, then it needs to be done!
I really wish I could've seen more Pixar movies in 3D, my friend and I wanted to see the re-release of Finding Nemo in 3D, but she saw Tintanic once in 3D and now gets seasick
during any 3D movie.
 At least I can beg my Dad to see Inside Out in 3D.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't love it. That being said, Inside Out does intrigue me in 3D a little more because of the potential for moving around the mind in close quarters could make for some really interesting depth...kind of like how some of the scenes at the beginning of Finding Nemo were really great when it was re-released in 3D.
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
Pixar does good 3D, they don't do the cheesy "coming in your face" thing. They try to add depth to the story. [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40] 
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
I have to say overall I enjoy 3D only when it's good 3D, if you know what I mean. A lot of times, 3D is added as just a gimmick and isn't very good 3D, which I don't really like. I think I've only watched one Pixar movie in 3D, and that would be Up. I personally enjoyed that 3D, to me it enhanced the action of the third act, as well as seeing Paradise Falls in general. I have a 3D TV, which I currently have no Pixar 3D movies for at the time. I happen to have seen Monsters University in 3D from my cable's On Demand service, though. I just have to say the 3D for MU is great. It brings you into the story much more than the 2D version, and I just loved it. I hope to see Inside Out in 3D, I'm sure it will be great.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Ultimate iPad Expert wrote:
I hope to see Inside Out in 3D, I'm sure it will be great.

Wow, I hadn't even thought of that yet - I can only imagine how it could enhance the experience for sure...with the expansiveness of the mind, the zooming in and out of Riley's head and so on...this could look great. But again, I still don't want to wear the 3D glasses. Chances are we'll see it quite a few times and I bet at least one of those will be in 3D, so we'll have to report back!
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy