Bonnie
So it's been confirmed somewhere that originally Fear was the one lost with Joy. I'm curious what you guys think of this scrapped concept? Interesting concept that would have been fun to watch, or an idea they were right to drop?

I'm fairly interested in the Fear idea, mainly because, if we're assuming emotions not present at the control panel can't be felt by their person (which, admittedly, might be proven wrong), I think a fearless Riley could have been an interesting plot point. Plus, though I love Sadness, too, I find myself liking Fear just the tiniest bit more, so, personal bias. 

On the other side, though, I like them going with Sadness because I can totally understand the emotions' general confusion as to what Sadness does. Fear's job is kind of obvious when you put some thought into it, but Sadness' is something I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing the movie explain (though I'm sure there's a scientific explanation out there already). 

I think this is one of those rare occasions of scrapped content where I have a hard time picking between it and the final product. 

(I thought it'd be better to make this thread before the movie came out, so we only have a vague idea of both stories, instead of it boiling down to "I'm glad they went with Sadness, because the movie was AWESOME!".)
Quote 1 0
shadowjonathan
"fearless Riley"

I think that's where pixar decided the movie wouldn't "work" properly, even though i haven't had depression, i can easily imagine depression isn't a "depression" without constant fear to everything (scared of new home, school, etc. in riley's case)

Even though i've figured out half of the movie already (couldn't stop myself [tongue] ), i still haven't got a clue about Sadness' job as riley's emotion.

On the other hand, as a Fear roleplayer, i'd say totally "go for it!" if they plan to make another Inside Out movie with Fear as a major role! [thumb]

(i think the Joy/Fear combination instead of Joy/Sadness would be a interesting concept for the FF writers doe)
Quote 1 0
Cynel
we just have  wait for the finished Film come out  and wait FF Writers can come up with.
Quote 1 0
UntoldStories113
Cynel wrote:
we just have  wait for the finished Film come out  and wait FF Writers can come up with.

I've actually had something similar in the works for a while. [tongue]

I find this scrapped concept extremely intriguing. Without actually having seen the movie, I already love Fear to pieces, so of course I wouldn't have minded him getting a bigger role at all. But even without my personal bias, from a conceptual standpoint, I think it's a great thing to look at fear (the feeling, not the character) as a positive force for a change. Most people tend to disregard the reason we feel that feeling, so I think that's something worthy of being explored in detail.

Bonnie wrote:
(I thought it'd be better to make this thread before the movie came out, so we only have a vague idea of both stories, instead of it boiling down to "I'm glad they went with Sadness, because the movie was AWESOME!".)

Good thinking! People always tend to do that. And while I do trust Pixar's storytelling decisions and believe that the version they ended up with was the better one, it's great to still have a "fresh perspective" on this.
Quote 1 0
shadowjonathan
UntoldStories113 wrote:
I find this scrapped concept extremely intriguing. Without actually having seen the movie, I already love Fear to pieces, so of course I wouldn't have minded him getting a bigger role at all. But even without my personal bias, from a conceptual standpoint, I think it's a great thing to look at fear (the feeling, not the character) as a positive force for a change. Most people tend to disregard the reason we feel that feeling, so I think that's something worthy of being explored in detail.

[Yes%2Bsir%2BD%2Bthis%2Bgif%2Bwas%2Bgolden%2B_483d2e3ead21878f296690ac04d468c4] 
Quote 1 0
shadowjonathan
Cynel wrote:

If you're interested, you can see what people already came up with here. (some pretty heavy stuff, too!)
Quote 1 0
Cynel
shadowjonathan wrote:
Cynel wrote:

If you're interested, you can see what people already came up with here. (some pretty heavy stuff, too!)

Ive Read whats on there even for a while i had a fic idea a Frozen/Inside Out crossover Fic where it shows Anna and Elsa's emotions the events of frozen would still happen just from a different perspective.
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
shadowjonathan wrote:
"fearless Riley"

I think that's where pixar decided the movie wouldn't "work" properly, even though i haven't had depression, i can easily imagine depression isn't a "depression" without constant fear to everything (scared of new home, school, etc. in riley's case)

There's an article in one of the threads that says Riley isn't going to end up going through a depression. I think it's in the "Misc. Articles" thread. 

UntoldStories113 wrote:

I find this scrapped concept extremely intriguing. Without actually having seen the movie, I already love Fear to pieces, so of course I wouldn't have minded him getting a bigger role at all. But even without my personal bias, from a conceptual standpoint, I think it's a great thing to look at fear (the feeling, not the character) as a positive force for a change. Most people tend to disregard the reason we feel that feeling, so I think that's something worthy of being explored in detail.

Agreed, though at least Fear and the others are being presented positively even without being the main focus. 

shadowjonathan wrote:
Cynel wrote:

If you're interested, you can see what people already came up with here. (some pretty heavy stuff, too!)

Put Joy and Fear in the character boxes and got one of UntoldStories' stories. You're really good, Untold. [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]

Thinking about it a bit...I don't think Fear we know now would work as well as Sadness, just because the guy doesn't seem to be as stuck in his emotion as Sadness. We've seen him smile plenty of times, he continues to interact with Anger despite surely knowing doing so gets him hurt, all in all he acts like he already went through his character development and I imagine that if Joy was stuck alone with him, she's just see his ability to bounce back as admirable. To make him even less fearful would probably make him lose his emotional aspect. 

Of course, things change in preproduction all the time and it's possible his character majorly changed once they decided he wasn't going to be the focus. Maybe he was originally much more fearful and unhappy.
Quote 1 0
shadowjonathan
Something in the back of my head says pixar probably want kids to "embrace" fear positively; to say to them "it's not a bad guy, he just wants to help you get out of trouble!"
Quote 1 0
Cynel
Bonnie wrote:
shadowjonathan wrote:
"fearless Riley"

There's an article in one of the threads that says Riley isn't going to end up going through a depression. I think it's in the "Misc. Articles" thread. 

UntoldStories113 wrote:

I find this scrapped concept extremely intriguing. Without actually having seen the movie, I already love Fear to pieces, so of course I wouldn't have minded him getting a bigger role at all. But even without my personal bias, from a conceptual standpoint, I think it's a great thing to look at fear (the feeling, not the character) as a positive force for a change. Most people tend to disregard the reason we feel that feeling, so I think that's something worthy of being explored in detail.

Agreed, though at least Fear and the others are being presented positively even without being the main focus. 

shadowjonathan wrote:
Cynel wrote:

If you're interested, you can see what people already came up with here. (some pretty heavy stuff, too!)

Put Joy and Fear in the character boxes and got one of UntoldStories' stories. You're really good, Untold. [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]

Thinking about it a bit...I don't think Fear we know now would work as well as Sadness, just because the guy doesn't seem to be as stuck in his emotion as Sadness. We've seen him smile plenty of times, he continues to interact with Anger despite surely knowing doing so gets him hurt, all in all he acts like he already went through his character development and I imagine that if Joy was stuck alone with him, she's just see his ability to bounce back as admirable. To make him even less fearful would probably make him lose his emotional aspect. 

Of course, things change in preproduction all the time and it's possible his character majorly changed once they decided he wasn't going to be the focus. Maybe he was originally much more fearful and unhappy.

and im sure there will be more after the movie comes out.
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
shadowjonathan wrote:
Something in the back of my head says pixar probably want kids to "embrace" fear positively; to say to them "it's not a bad guy, he just wants to help you get out of trouble!"

I think they are trying to do that with every emotion. I agree with everything you guys are saying! If I were to give my opinion, i would just be repeating what you guys said!! So i'll vote up all of your comments.
Quote 0 0
UntoldStories113
Bonnie wrote:

Ah, yes, of course. I meant that in a more general sense, not necessarily concerning Inside Out. Sorry for being confusing. [wink]

Bonnie wrote:

Thank you! [smile] Good to know you enjoyed it!

Bonnie wrote:
he continues to interact with Anger despite surely knowing doing so gets him hurt

He has no choice - Anger's temper might get Riley into trouble. [wink]
Generally, though, you're right in saying that Fear seems a lot more "balanced" than Sadness, and that that would probably have been different in the original version.

shadowjonathan wrote:
[Yes%2Bsir%2BD%2Bthis%2Bgif%2Bwas%2Bgolden%2B_483d2e3ead21878f296690ac04d468c4] 

He's a she, by the way! [tongue] But thank you. [wink]
Quote 0 0
shadowjonathan
UntoldStories113 wrote:
He's a she, by the way! [tongue] But thank you. [wink]

Couldn't find a better one to reply with. XD
Quote 0 0
mac95
It is very interesting to think about what the movie would be like with Fear instead of Sadness with Joy. If this was the case, I feel they probably would have had to rework some elements from the movie. In the end, I am happy they went with Sadness because she is the Emotion that no one understands what she does.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy