Tazbanian Devill
I really want Andrew Stanton to do an original animated film as his next project. I know Pixar is working with a lot of new directors nowadays, but I would love for Stanton to come back and direct another amazing original film! The man is capable of telling incredible and unique stories with animation. Wall-e is one of my favorite films of all time. And while Finding Dory was brilliant, I do wish he would work on something that isn't a sequel next. 

What would you guys like to see him do next? Any ideas for movies he could make? 
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
I would really love to see every Pixar veteran tell a new fresh story.

Pete Docter just recently came out with Inside Out. (He said in 2015 that he pitched a few new ideas to John Lasseter, so I reckon he's working on something)

John Lasseter's last original Pixar film was 10 years ago with Cars. And we won't see another one for easily another 8ish years because he is working on Toy Story 4.

Brad Bird's last original film was Ratatouille and that was 9 years ago. We won't see anything new from him for easily another decade because he is working on Incredibles 2. (Not complaining though)

Lee Unkrich is coming up with Coco next year which I can't wait for. (He did Toy Story 3, which was masterpiece) So I'm itching to know how he does delivering an entirely new story.

Andrew Stanton is an incredible director as well. I'm not sure he's said exactly what he wants to do after garnering all of Finding Dory's earnings. I would be really excited if he worked on a new Pixar movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to do live action once again.

Not to bash sequels or anything. I believe that a sequel doesn't necessary mean "unoriginal". But I know what you mean, and I can't wait to see what non-sequels Pixar has planned for post-coco.
Quote 1 0
Tazbanian Devill
Yeah I'm looking forward to Coco, even if it has similarities with Guillermo del Toro's The Book of Life. I honestly didn't care much for Toy Story 3, but am looking forward to any new original film that Pixar has to offer. I'd imagine that we will get a new slew of original films around the time The Incredibles 2 comes out. 
Quote 1 0
Tazbanian Devill
And yeah It seems like he wants to do live action again but I honestly would prefer if he stayed with animated films. 
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Tazbanian Devill wrote:
And yeah It seems like he wants to do live action again but I honestly would prefer if he stayed with animated films. 

Yeah, me too, especially since I don't really check out his live action work and because he's really good at executing emotional and funny animated films.
Quote 0 0
Tazbanian Devill
Exactly.
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
I can't help but wonder if Andrew Stanton wasn't 100% into doing Finding Dory, because objectively when you look at the reviews and ratings (and later this'll probably show up in its awards, or lack thereof, compared to Nemo) — Finding Dory, while great, hasn't performed as well as TS2 or TS3 (though it's certainly no Cars 2 or MU).

I wonder this because after John Carter flopped, he wanted to make John Carter 2, which Disney denied because John Carter was a flop. And the next thing you know he's working on Finding Dory, a guaranteed box office machine because it's the sequel to Finding Nemo — I'm betting every one of you reading this would have seen Finding Dory anyway even if its reviews were worse than Cars 2. So I'm not too surprised to hear him wanting to go back into live-action now that Dory is done.

It'd be awesome if he did another animated film for Pixar, but if his heart's set on live-action, I guess there isn't much one can do to stop him. This would leave Pete Docter as Pixar's top director, as he now as 3 fantastic, top-tier films under his belt and another one in the works already. And this would mean Pixar would need to rely on new talents more and more, which can be either a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

For example, look at Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki. Miyazaki was a legend and made so many successful animated films for the studio that when he retired, the studio had to shut down production because it didn't have enough or good enough newer directors to take over. Pixar has four seasoned directors — Lasseter, Docter, Stanton and Bird — and if Lasseter is going to go off and make crappy Cars sequels (srsly what happened with Cars 2??) and Stanton and Bird have live-action aspirations, that leaves Docter to do the heavy lifting. Newer faces like Lee Unkrich or Mark Andrews are then needed more, which will pressure the studio to diversify its slate of directors, while at the same time giving it fewer options to work with (a veteran director is always safer than a rookie, if you're going after quality).

So in conclusion, even if Andrew Stanton goes back into live-action instead of making an original film for Pixar, at least this will pressure the studio to generate new talent instead of only relying on old talents [smile]
Quote 1 0
Tazbanian Devill
But It seems they have been struggling with new talents. As Brave, MU, and The Good Dinosaur were all just ok movies. They didn't have that classic Pixar feel. Maybe the veteran directors should help guide new directors because It seems like the studio relied too heavily on Bird and Stanton for a good chunk of their classic films. Pixar aren't used to getting new directors into the mix and thus they are struggling with finding a balance working with them. 
Quote 0 0
Tazbanian Devill
And honestly Lasseter should probably just give up with directing movies at this point. He should take a back seat. 
Quote 0 1
ReptilePatrol
Although it would definitely be reassuring to have Docter, Stanton, Bird and Unkrich lead the charge in directing, that model is unsustainable, as we've seen with Studio Ghibli, where the retirement of their main director led to a collapse in film production. Thus it is necessary for Pixar to recruit new talent if they wish to be successful in the long run. The hard part is recruiting new talent that can live up to Stanton, Docter and Bird — the rookies directing Brave, MU and TGD certainly didn't. So yes, they're definitely struggling to work this out, but they have to if they want to studio to continue after their veteran directors leave.

It appears that the veteran directors have indeed been guiding newer directors, with Ronnie Del Carmen, Angus MacLane, Adrian Molina and Josh Cooley all co-directing for the first time on Inside Out, Finding Dory, Coco and Toy Story 4, under the guidance of Pete Docter, Andrew Stanton, Lee Unkrich and John Lasseter, respectively. However, neither Del Carmen nor MacLane have been announced as full directors for any future projects yet, so I guess we'll have to see how this system works out, though promisingly, this appears to be a different approach than Brave/MU/TGD, all of which featured a new director who had not previously co-directed under a veteran director.

In regards to Lasseter, I have no idea how he manages to run Disney Animation, run Pixar, advise Imagineering, and direct Toy Story 4 all at the same time. It certainly doesn't bode well for Toy Story 4 if the director isn't even at Pixar half the time, and it's been speculated that part of Cars 2's failure came from Lasseter being unable to juggle his Disney duties with directing a feature film. But I'll reserve judgement until the film comes out, maybe Josh Cooley will play a bigger co-directing role than most [smile]
Quote 0 0
Tazbanian Devill
Yeah I feel like John needs someone else to help him do all of those things. I believe he is doing way to much and needs to dial it down a bit and focus on a couple of specific things. 
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
ReptilePatrol wrote:
I can't help but wonder if Andrew Stanton wasn't 100% into doing Finding Dory, because objectively when you look at the reviews and ratings (and later this'll probably show up in its awards, or lack thereof, compared to Nemo) — Finding Dory, while great, hasn't performed as well as TS2 or TS3 (though it's certainly no Cars 2 or MU). I wonder this because after John Carter flopped, he wanted to make John Carter 2, which Disney denied because John Carter was a flop. And the next thing you know he's working on Finding Dory, a guaranteed box office machine because it's the sequel to Finding Nemo —

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-ca-despicable-me-2-sequels-20130707-story.html

Quote:
here was polite inquiry from Disney [about a Finding Nemo sequel],” says Stanton, also a vice president at Pixar. “I was always ‘No sequels, no sequels.’ But I had to get on board from a VP standpoint. [Sequels] are part of the necessity of our staying afloat, but we don’t want to have to go there for those reasons. We want to go there creatively, so we said [to Disney], ‘Can you give us the timeline about when we release them? Because we’d like to release something we actually want to make, and we might not come up with it the year you want it.'”

I don't know what you're talking about with the ratings, though. The thing has a 95 Rotten Tomatoes score.

Quote:
I'm betting every one of you reading this would have seen Finding Dory anyway even if its reviews were worse than Cars 2.

Nope, still not going. 

Tazbanian Devill wrote:
But It seems they have been struggling with new talents. As Brave, MU, and The Good Dinosaur were all just ok movies. They didn't have that classic Pixar feel. Maybe the veteran directors should help guide new directors because It seems like the studio relied too heavily on Bird and Stanton for a good chunk of their classic films. Pixar aren't used to getting new directors into the mix and thus they are struggling with finding a balance working with them. 

You know about them replacing new directors a lot, right?

I'm sorry, I have a hard time phrasing that. [tongue] I genuinely can't tell and I consider it an important thing to note when we're discussing new Pixar directors.
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
Bonnie wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-ca-despicable-me-2-sequels-20130707-story.html

I don't know what you're talking about with the ratings, though. The thing has a 95 Rotten Tomatoes score.

So in essence, Stanton recognizes the financial importance of sequels, but will make them on the condition that he controls the timing?

I'm sure Andrew Stanton wanted to make Finding Dory, but I'm not so sure he got the timing he wanted.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/08/entertainment/la-et-mn-john-carter-director-20120908

Andrew Stanton wrote:
What was immediately on the list was writing a second 'Carter' movie. When that went away, everything slid up.

To me it seems like Stanton had ambitious live-action aspirations to pursue, but when his John Carter sequel got cancelled, he had to do Finding Dory instead. And now that Finding Dory is over, he's jumping back into live action. Plus, Stanton mentions things from a VP standpoint in your quote, so I'm assuming he's at least somewhat involved in the bureaucratic side of things, meaning if John Carter was a flop so big two Disney execs got booted, Andrew Stanton, as the director, wouldn't have been immune.

This is a very different approach than, say, what Brad Bird did with The Incredibles (Lasseter invites his old buddy to Pixar and tells him to make the movie he's been dying to make) or Pete Docter with Inside Out (fresh off of the success of Up, he easily manages to get his next wacky idea greenlit).

Of course, a lot of what I'm saying here is just my personal theory, and it seems very unlikely Disney, Pixar, or Stanton will release any more public statements in regards to the aftermath of John Carter than what's already been said, meaning my theory will likely stay as just a theory for the foreseeable future. If you have counterpoints though, I'd love to hear them.

In regards to the ratings, the 95% RT that Finding Dory holds is better than only A Bug's Life, Cars, Cars 2, Brave, MU and the TGD. In other words, all the second-tier Pixar films. Same with its 78 Metascore, though that ties with Monsters Inc at 78. In both instances, Finding Dory has scored lower than Finding Nemo (99% RT/90 MC), and what a "top-tier" Pixar film would score. Going purely by RT and MC, Finding Dory is either the lowest rated top tier Pixar film or the highest rated second tier Pixar film - it fills a distinct gap that previously existed between the two groups. But either way in the end, it's Stanton's weakest animation effort yet. It's strong by industry standards, but not the higher standard Stanton and Pixar have set for themselves.
Quote 1 0
Arlo
Here's an article written by SlashFilm a couple of days ago, in which CinemaBlend asked Andrew Stanton what he has planned next-in which Andrew said that he plans on making some more live-action films, which is very understandable. Andrew Stanton has done a lot for Pixar, as a company. Even before his directorial efforts he was a screen-writer on Toy Story, and he also served as a writer on it's sequels. He also directed "A Bug's Life" alongside John Lasseter, and of course "Finding Nemo" and "Wall-E", and now "Finding Dory". Not to mention he is the vice president of Pixar Animation Studios. So it would make sense that he would want to try something a little bit different. And while John Carter, wasn't the best way to start his live-action career as it bombed pretty hard at the box office. It was still an OK movie, it was nothing fantastic, but it wasn't the worst film ever, like some people said it was. So it seems like Stanton's next film (as a director) will most likely be a live-action film. But that doesn't mean he can't return to direct an animated film afterwards. 
Quote 1 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy