Dan the Pixar Fan
As you know, I'm not a fan of the Pixar theory in general but I did think this article (by the same author) is a tad interesting only because I never thought of it before and it is a pretty crazy connection. I don't believe it is true at all (because I think we would have heard something official from Pixar at this point) and totally a coincidence but it's kind of an interesting read:

Check it out here and shoot off your opinion below! True or absolutely not?
Quote 0 0
mac95
I do not believe in the Pixar Theory either, but like you I do think that it is pretty cool. I do not think this theory of Andy's mom being Emily is true, and here are several logical reasons.

When in production of the first Toy Story, Pixar did not know that they would make a sequel, and therefore the character Emily was not thought up yet.

Also, there was most likely more than one Jessie hat made, since as we know there was a lot of Woody's Roundup merchandise made.

And since Andy's hat is definitely old, it could have come from his dad since Mom does mention Woody is an old family toy, and so Woody could have traveled through the family with that hat.

And the subject of a hat from something Pixar hasn't thought of appearing in the first Toy Story, then appearing in the next? Pixar has mentioned that they did talk about Woody's history with the Roundup Gang, but never put it in the first film.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Well, since Dan asked for our opinions if this was "True or absolutely not"...I'll throw my response into the mix and say Absolutely NOT. I thought the Pixar Theory was entertaining but way too much of a stretch to put any weight behind or post about...but this new topic that Jon Negroni has come up with is way too much of a stretch. A few things to note...

1.) When Jon asks, "Why wouldn't Andy wear a hat that was brown?" when noting that Andy's hat is more red than Woody's hat, I had to laugh (a lot). When I was a kid I often dressed up like my favorite characters, but I can't recall one time that I had a 100% color accurate version of a hat or cape to the official characters. Heck, sometimes they didn't make an official replica that I could wear, so something close was good enough for my imagination. The bottom line is that asking why a cartoon character's hat isn't the exact color as his toy is kind of nutty.

2.) The second discussion surrounds Andy's Dad - Jon mentions, "Andy's father either died or walked out not long before the movies started." Andy's Dad was never a character so any speculation as to whether he died or left is always a stretch. To back this, Craig Good (Former Pixar employee who was there all the way from the beginning of Pixar) responded to a question regarding Andy's Dad on Quora and said...

"I'm often highly entertained by the deep analyses and psychological guesswork about this. The real answer is that we couldn't afford a dad. Human characters were just hideously expensive and difficult to do in those days and, as Lee mentioned, Andy's dad wasn't necessary for the story. Sid's dad was a solid arm and leg, meant to be seen from that one angle, and his mom was just an off-screen voice. Same reason."

3.) The hats are also not the same. It stands to reason that the hats would be similar since Woody and Jessie were from the same line, but just because they're both western-style hats doesn't make them the same. Jessie's hat had a round style top while Woody's/Andy's has a bend/curve to it in the top position (I'm not mentioning the brim since that could be bent).

[PixarPost-IsAndysMomEmily_zps0b1f1643] 

4.) Finally, the most obvious reason this theory is debunked is because yet again, Craig Good responded to this exact question on Quora and said, 

Is Andy's mom Jessie's original owner in the Toy Story movies?

No.

To the best of my knowledge that idea never crossed anybody's mind. The hats are probably similar because of wanting to re-use some designs and/or assets. 'Toy Story 2' was made in a crazy rush.

But I've seen that article that's going viral, and it's a clever bit of apophenia. I'll bet a few people at Pixar wish they'd thought of it.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
So last night, Dan (the Pixar Fan) and I were talking and he mentioned that the new Pixar Summer Movies To Go was listed last night and that it was about Toy Story 2. Immediately after watching it, we both laughed and realized that the rumor about Emily (Jessie's owner) and Andy's Mom being the same person is back alive and well. 

[ScreenShot2014-07-08at31547PM_zps36340949] 
According to this week's 8 Awesome Facts About Toy Story 2 (starting at 2:06 into the clip), narrator John Ratzenberger says,
Quote:
Hmmm, that’s interesting Jessie’s girl Emily and Andy’s Mom have similar taste in music. Did you spot the Lemurs 8-track at the yard sale…and the posters in Emily’s room? I wonder if they knew each other?

Following that comment, there's a clip of Hamm uttering, “What are you insane?”. OK, so, what is this saying? What are your thoughts? Are they poking fun at the fact that the rumor exists or are they really confirming that Andy's Mom and Emily are one-in-the-same?

[ScreenShot2014-07-08at31219PM_zps0eaa3cff] 
[ScreenShot2014-07-08at31240PM_zpsc0d37467] 
So in the scene where Woody is going to rescue Wheezy is when you are able to spot the 8-track by the band Lemurs and then they go right to a closeup of Emily's room with a Lemurs band poster on the wall (notice the concert date...more on that later). I know a lot of times that Pixar reuses elements and ideas from project-to-project, but they're not oftet reused within the same project. Since the art department created the posters as well as the overlay for the 8-track, we'd have to assume that either someone took it upon themselves to reuse that band name (to speed things up), or John Lasseter himself told the art department to reuse the band name to subtly suggest the rumor that Andy's Mom is Emily.

So, what are your thoughts with this new information? And what about the date of the Lemurs poster in Emily's room - with a date of November 25, 1999 (if I'm reading it correctly, they couldn't be the same - Emily wouldn't be old enough to be Andy's Mom would she)? And, what about Craig Good's comments listed above about them not being related?

[ToyStory2EmilyandAndysMomthesame_zpsc5ab04c5]
Quote 0 0
mac95
I saw this Countdown Of Secrets as well, and this one went in one ear and out the other. There is no way she would have been old enough to be Andy's mom. Assuming the film takes place in 1999, Andy would have been born when his mom was, like, five to ten years old? It is too far fetched.
I think that they may have been poking fun at the rumor, or maybe Pixar was poking fun at themselves with the near impossible amount of time they had to make the movie, therefore having to reuse items like that? Most likely at the rumor, though.
I think Craig Good's comments should pretty much settle the whole thing. It was a crazy stretch to begin with. Very creative, in my opinion, but to far-fetched.

Another interesting thing I would like to point out... If Toy Story 2 takes place on November 13, 1999, and teenage Emily's favorite band's concert takes place 12 days later, and she is still a teenager to go see that concert, how is she an adult BEFORE even the 13th to go give away Jessie so she would have time to be stuck in the box? So, exactly how long was Jessie stuck in the box? Maybe a week, tops?
That last paragraph makes sense and is correct to me but please tell me if I got something wrong.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
By the way - NOPE mac95, you didn't get anything wrong at all! You nailed it!
Quote 0 0
Jason Noah Patrick
I personally don't think this is true. I have a feeling Disney was poking fun at the rumor. Besides, if Andys Mom WAS Emily, don't you think Jessie would've recognized her immediately? That would've made for a great scene if it were true.
Quote 0 0
YodelinCowgirl
I've never believed this theory either - and the whole matter of Jessie recognizing her is one of the biggies for me.  Even as an adult, Jessie would know if it was Emily, especially since she gave her away as an older teen or adult.  Pixar wouldn't have glossed over or ignored the emotional potential of that discovery, either.  

I hadn't seen this thread before, but it's good to see so many skeptics amongst serious Pixar fans.  I had someone (no one important, lol) tell me off and unfriend me on Facebook for saying I didn't believe Andy's mom was Emily - apparently, because of that, I have no imagination!  [tongue]
Quote 1 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy