Bonnie
Hey guys.

I have to do a survey for the last project of one of my classes, and then write about the results, and I decided it might be interesting to distribute it to the different forums I'm on to see how different groups do. 

It's about animation, and eleven questions long. It's kind of more a test than a survey...but that's not really important. [Silly_zps7c205e8c]

All info confidential and just for research purposes.<---Required stuff

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7CPZNDD

Thanks in advance.

(Ignore the little 2 after the title, that's just so I can tell which forums had which results.)
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Just took the survey! Really fantastic questions by the way Bonnie, I think I got most of them right! Hope your class project turns out fantastic! 
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
Just took it — good luck with your project!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Completed!

The only tricky part is that people can look items up if they needed - that may cut down on the honesty scale. Too bad you couldn't have timed responses (where they only have 10 seconds to reply for multiple choice). [Smug_zpsbec03801] It's a equalizer I used to put in place with some of the surveys I used to run.

Also - what's your cut-off date as to when you're not accepting responses any longer?

It will be interesting to see the summarized results!
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
I took it without looking anything up, and I know I got at least 2 wrong. I know very little about the actual animation process, which is amusing considering that I'm a member of this board. But you can't be proficient in everything, I suppose! The questions were very good, by the way.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
Completed!

The only tricky part is that people can look items up if they needed - that may cut down on the honesty scale. Too bad you couldn't have timed responses (where they only have 10 seconds to reply for multiple choice). [Smug_zpsbec03801] It's a equalizer I used to put in place with some of the surveys I used to run.

Eh. I figure it's such a minor thing most people wouldn't bother cheating on it. And the results I got (for other forums) kind of follow that; I'd hope people who looked it up would be able to give better answers. [Nerd_zps76dc97d3]

Quote:
Also - what's your cut-off date as to when you're not accepting responses any longer?

I'm not sure if I'll bother to actually close them, but the paper's due in like two hours, so for all intents and purposes time's up for it.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see the summarized results!

I'll post them, I promise! Might just take a few days, cause you got a bad combo of a procrastinator on finals week that's moving out of a dorm. [Silly_zps7c205e8c] Lot of stuff to do.
Quote 1 0
Vellerie
So I'm not the only procrastinator this week! I still have my pharm final tomorrow and I'm just ready for my break. I did well on my other two, at least.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Alright, I've got nothing to do and I've decided I will be at least vaguely productive today, so I'll finally tell you guys about the results!

I thought about screencaping every response, but you guys did well enough it'd be kind of pointless.

First off, the questions about the studios, asking which made which movie and to name another one, you guys did flawless on those (except for one answer to the last one, which I think misunderstood the question). 

Slightly less better on the questions about the actual process, but still very good. The multiple choice question asking what rendering is got one wrong answer (the correct answer is the process of creating the final image). The question asking to name a process which comes before animation has one answer wrong (the answer was "rendering", which is done during and after animation). The question asking to name two departments got one answer saying they didn't know, and one that got it half right but also included rotoscoping, which from my understanding (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) is a 2D animation technique. 

The questions are about budget are where you guys kind of fell apart. Four of you put that 100 million is a high budget for an animated movie (nope. Last Pixar movie to be below that amount was Toy Story 2. Pixar, Disney, and Dreamworks are always high above that nowadays). Three said Disney had the highest budgeted movies (the "on average" is important here; Disney has the highest budgeted one movie, but they took an over hundred million drop after that). Also, one of you said Disney, Pixar, and Dreamworks, and that does not count that is cheating. [tongue]

And that's it. If you guys really want to see the graphs or specific answers, let me know and I can get them.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Cool! Thanks for posting a summary. So, to be clear, you're saying that 100 Million is a LOW budget, correct? I may be reading your response wrong, but it sounds like you saying it's right and wrong at the same time. 

I think we're saying the same thing...but just to be clear, every budget on a Pixar film has been 150-200 million since Ratatouille.

Also, dang cheaters listing every studio! Ha!
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Yikes! Yeah, I typed that wrong, fixed it now. 100 million is a low budget. Thanks for pointing that out. 

I was kind of torn on including that question, because I know there are studios that get by with like 60 million, but they're the lesser known ones, they have more restrictions (I've seen Lorax clips where a bunch of characters on screen clearly have the same face, for example), and it's my understanding those studios are outsourced, so I figured the question as it was was fair.

Edit: Pizza Planet Truck Driver! 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Woohoo! Welcome to the 500-club! Now it's time to start delivering some pizza!
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy