PixarsBiggestFan
The first 3 home media packages for Cars 3 have been announced.

They are: DVD, Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD, Blu-ray Steelbook (Best Buy Exclusive).

So far the steelbook is the only one to have an image, on Best Buy's official website. Best Buy is currently the only American retailer to have pre-orders available.

An exact date is yet to be announced, but I read on http://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movies/6801/cars-3 that it is is estimated in September. This is very likely false though, because Pixar's June films never hit DVD/Blu-ray until November. Having the film's hit DVD in November was used as one of Steve Jobs' arguements to release Pixar films in June shortly before The Incredibles came out - so the DVD's would be at a selling advantage for the holidays.

Best Buy Steelbook: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cars-3-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-2017/5923602.p?skuId=5923602

Blu-ray (Best Buy): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cars-3-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-2017/5888526.p?skuId=5888526

DVD (Best Buy): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cars-3-dvd-2017/5888531.p?skuId=5888531
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
It's crazy how fast they list movies now - Vudu also has a listing where if you pre-order it, you also get the Cars Toons Shortie Shorts.
Quote 0 0
InfinitePixar
For Cars and Cars 2 there was always a Blu-Ray bundle that came with a metallic Mattel diecast (McQueen and McMissile) I hope we still get one, maybe of Cruz with metallic gold for her dinoco, inverted colors.
Quote 1 0
Britney
I'm going to talk about a possible deleted scene, I decided to post this here because we're going to have deleted scenes in the Bluray. So this is a curious pic I found on a Cars 3 book:

It's Lightning McQueen and Cruz Ramirez training pulling a trailer with Smokey and the rest on it. I guess it's to work in the force of the "cars", such a hard work for them both.
[image] 
It's a pretty curious pic because I don't remember seeing this in the film and it coincides with a little clip below released by Pixar.

After seeing all this I started to think about that this can highly be a deleted scene. I haven't finished reading the Cars 3 Junior Novel yet and I don't want to rush even though I've already seen the film. I love junior novel books because it gives you more details about the story and sometimes it tells some scenes that were actually deleted from the film, you can have an idea of what Pixar had on mind for instance. So if you know if this is mentioned on the junior novel tell me what do you think about it?
Quote 1 0
Britney
I FOUND THE CARS 3 DVD AND BLURAY COVERS!!! It seems it's going to be out on December 31? So strange, I don't think Pixar will take so long to release it.

Disney Pixar CARS 3 (DVD)
[image] 

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/disney-pixar-cars-3-dvd-/8564344

I love it, it's my favourite. I was begging for Pixar to come with a never-seen-before cover for any of the Cars 3 Bluray's or DVD and here it is! I can't ask for more, I really like it. I'm going to buy the DVD just to have that spectacular cover [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40] (There are no details about the content yet)

Disney Pixar CARS 3 (Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital HD)
[image] 
https://www.shopmyexchange.com/disney-pixar-cars-3-blu-ray-dvd-digital-hd-/8564343

Again, no details about this one. I kinda like the cover, I love how the car comes out the border. Looks pretty cool. I won't buy this version because I want to buy the 3D Collector's edition, we don't have any clues of it yet and I can't wait to read the news about it, I want to know its design and the extras, I hope it comes with a lot of stuff like the Cars 2 Bluray, which was amazing.

Plus, it seems like Pixar is releasing a 2017 edition of Cars 1 in Bluray:

Cars (Repackage 2017) (Blu-ray + Digital HD)
[image]
https://www.shopmyexchange.com/cars-repackage-2017-blu-ray-digital-hd-/8461046 
The cover doesn't really impress me at all. it's pretty simple. Personally, I don't think this will include new extras or anything like that. it seems just another package with the same old bluray of Cars.

Anyway, hope you liked the Cars 3 covers because I'm loving them!
Quote 1 0
PixarsBiggestFan
I don’t have the rerelease of Cars 1 yet. It came out on May 28, 2017. All content is the exact same as past blu-ray releases. It is part of a series of Pixar rereleases in which the cover is a simply a main character over a plain background.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Nice find, Britney! I like the cover like that as well (with McQueen crossing over the border like that). As far as the release date, they often will throw that December 31 placeholder out there but it will move it - no way Disney is missing Black Friday sales and the Christmas holiday.
Quote 1 0
BornFromThe90s
OMG just seeing that DVD cover just really had me wish there was an actual beach race in 500. I still very much adore the Blu Ray cover. I hope there's lots of new interesting features some with even finished animation but was cut like FD last year.
Quote 2 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Well, those are the covers - Dan the Pixar fan spotted the release date online - November 7! Target has a Digibook edition which looks pretty neat as well (along with the release date as well).

52672498.jpg 

Quote 0 0
Britney
Great! we are starting to have some news about the home media releases of Cars 3 and good ones!
I like the covers we are seeing so far and I'm glad that the release date is November 7 'cause I was sure that December 31 was an strange date to release it [Silly_zps7c205e8c]

It seems it comes with a Bonus Blu Ray Disc! I can't wait to see what's inside, I would love Pixar show us how they made the crash scene in a reel progress or something, I'm very interested in that. And will this disc bring an "extended scene" like the Cars 2 bonus disc? If you don't have the collector's edition of Cars 2 I tell you that it comes with an extended version of the race in Tokyo called "Lap One", which is awesome and I hope for Cars 3 they prepare something like that, I don't know. I'm curious about the DVD's disc cover showing in the pic too.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Cars 3 Blu-ray.png 

Confirmed October 24 for digital release (HD and Ultra-HD...a.k.a. 4K) and November 7 for physical release (4K, Blu-ray, and DVD).

We're working up our post now with all the special features listed, but what's interesting is that the 3D release was only mentioned for a U.K. release (which has happened for other Disney releases like Frozen as well). The U.K. release date is set for Nov 7 for digital and Nov 13 for physical release.

Edited - The post has been updated - here's the link and the Special Features are listed below.

Special Features

Blu-ray and Digital HD

• Miss Fritter’s Racing Skoool (Exclusive new mini-movie) – Enjoy blindsided testimonials from the Crazy 8’s, touting the transformative impact Miss Fritter’s Racing School has had in reshaping the direction of their lives.
  • Theatrical Short: “Lou” – When a toy-stealing bully ruins recess for a playground full of kids, only one thing stands in his way: the “Lost and Found” box. 
  • Let’s. Get. Crazy. – Get schooled in the world of demolition derby, the “rules” of figure 8 racing, and how Pixar puts the crazy in the Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 race. This piece is hosted by Lea DeLaria. 
  • Legendary – Get a close, historical look at the racing legends Wendell Scott and Louise Smith, whose tenacity and perseverance got them into the race even when they weren’t invited. 
  • Ready for the Race – Disney Channel’s Olivia Rodrigo and NASCAR Racer William Byron check out the Hendrick Motorsports campus to showcase how real-world race training influenced the filmmakers. 
  • World’s Fastest Billboard – Blink and you will miss all of the graphics and “car-ified” advertisements created by Pixar’s Art team to make the ”Cars 3” world as believable as possible. 
  • Cruz Ramirez: The Yellow Car That Could – Join Cristela Alonzo and the filmmakers on their journey to create a race-car trainer turned champion racer. 
  • Generations: The Story of “Cars 3” – For the story team, creating Lightning McQueen’s next chapter didn’t involve just a tune-up, but a complete overhaul. 
  • My First Car – A collection of illustrated first-car stories as narrated by members of the “Cars 3” cast and crew. “A Green Car on the Red Carpet with Kerry Washington,” “Old Blue,” and “Still in the Family.” 
  • 5 Deleted Scenes – Each deleted scene is set up with an introduction as to why it was removed from the film. Deleted scenes include “The Boogie Woogie,” “The Jars of Dirt,” “Lugnut,” “The Bolt,” and “More Than New Paint.” 
  • Cars To Die(cast) For – Take a look at the phenomenon of die-cast toy collecting and the more than 1,000 unique designs that exist in the Cars universe. 
  • Commentary – Brian Fee (Director), Kevin Reher (Producer), Andrea Warren (Co-Producer) and Jay Ward (Creative Director) 
And more

DVD Bonus Features

• Theatrical Short: “Lou” & “Commentary” 

What special features are you most excited for? What are your thoughts on not having a 3D release in the U.S. (but they do have one in the U.K.)?
Quote 1 0
Alan Smithee
Wondering what the people at Pixar think about this? It seems like before when Disney was giving 3D the shaft, Pixar titles still came out. I just ordered it from the UK, guess I should be happy to be getting it at all. I have zero interest in the 4K format as long as it can't also do 3D. Disney's treatment of 3D has been disgusting- they pushed it big when it came out but mostly overpriced their 3D titles, then when they didn't sell a billion of them right away they call it a failure. I hope 4K fails even harder- I've been buying EVERY 3D Blu-Ray that's been out so far, but won't be doing the same for 4K.
Quote 0 0
Britney
I'm so excited to get this as soon as I can. But I'm confused... Will Pixar release the Collector's Edition too , that always comes with a 3D Bluray and all this 4k is confusing me [Confused_zps36c72db0] but I do believe they will release it too.

Well, I'm curious about the mini movie with Miss Fritter. I can see all the characters including the Radiator Springs gang and even Jackson Storm attending Miss Fritter's "Skoool" hahaha. Do you guys have an idea of the lenght of a "mini movie"? Is it shorter than an actual short?

Also, I've noticed that they added some things, that's pretty cool. I wonder if some of them show us the making of the crash scene. I still have my hopes raised that we can get an "extended scene"XD Though I like it, I got the feeling the Cars 2 Bluray was better (I mean in material) It had a lot of content, it was really awesome but I doubt we'll see a bluray like it once again. [Sad_zpsb02439e1]

Quote 0 0
PixarsBiggestFan
Finding Dory had a bonus they called a “mini movie” (it was the Marine Life Interviews) and that was about 3 minutes long if I remember correctly, so it’ll probably be about that.

Cars 2 did have better bonus material judging by titles and amount of content but you can’t say it’s better until you’ve actually seen it though.

With 3D, it’s possible but unlikely. Many films that never got 3D blu-rays in the US (like Ratatouille, Big Hero 6, or Frozen) still haven’t seen their US 3D release. They could release it a later date (if they receive a lot of requests or sales are extremely high), but the only times I recall that happening to a Disney film are The Jungle Book (2016), in which Disney said it would be released at a later date that was initially unannounced (the date ended up being a few months after the regular blu-ray); and The Force Awakens, which did get an unexpected 3D release in November 2016.

I would really like to see a crash progression/evolution as a bonus feature. In an interview, they said at one point Doc’s death would be in the film but got cut because it was too depressing, and I’m really wanting it as one of the deleted scenes.
Quote 0 0
Britney
No, no, I said I just got the feeling that we're never going to have an amazing bluray material like Cars 2 had anymore. I didn't mean to compare it with the Cars 3 BR because isn't out yet...

I don't have the Finding Dory BR just the DVD so I wasn't aware of what a "mini movie" could be XD Thanks for the info! Now that you've mentioned, I think Ratatouille is about to be released in 3D!

Ah, gosh! call me "crazy" but I really wished to see Doc's death that would bring more emotion to the film and who says more positive critics?
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy