Pixar Post - T.J.
Hey everyone - Dan actually posted a link to this interview as part of the Toy Story Series 2 Vinylmation discussion, but I actually wanted to highlight it a bit more since it had some great details not only on designing vinylmation, but also on working with Pixar (and even working on the Star Wars and Cars characters sold in parks.

[ef343764-0296-4a4b-ac86-46a9739a4566_zpsb35db9dd] 

Check out the interviewBehind the Scenes of Vinylmation with Artist Ron Cohee on Dan's site.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I should also note that on the Toy Story Series 2 Vinylmation Post, Forum User mac95 had left the following comment for Dan.
mac95 wrote:
Great interview, Dan! You asked some thoughtful questions and Ron Cohee was very inspiring. Several of my Vinylmations were designed by him, and they are my favorite ones! 
I really like the chaser. His character was perfectly captured, and I like the colors. I feel like this character could have been messed up, but they went in the right direction with his design. 

I also left a comment on Dan's site which I have copied here as well for reference..
------
What a great interview! That was so great of Ron to take the time to fill you in on more details of his journey and the products he's worked on!

I have to say that (as you know), we always ask Pixar employees when we interview them about tips for people to get into the industry and I loved Ron's answer. It was so complete and succinct. The details on filling sketchbooks with people, animals and structures is so perfect. I've talked with a lot of artists about sketching / drawing and I've looked at a ton of their work - after thinking about Ron's comments, it totally clicked that those are the items that Pixar employees are drawing the most as well. They travel to locations and draw buildings, they draw people in public places and they even travel to zoos to sketch a lot of different animals at once. It may seem simple to think of those categories, but I loved reading it laid out as simple as that.

Additionally, I really liked getting more details on the division and details between DCP / DDG and I thought it was so cool hearing more about Ben Butcher (Pixar Consumer Products) and Jay Ward (Cars Curator). That's great that working with Pixar is a joy - I would have been bummed if it wasn't that way!

Again, so cool that you were able to talk to Ron! Congrats! Great work!
--------End of my pasted comment-------

So what are your thoughts on the interview - what element did you enjoy the most?
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Man, I really appreciate the interview being posted here on its own thread. Thanks a lot for taking the time to do that! It was a lot of hours of work wording the questions, editing it, adding things, taking away things, fooling around with formatting, adding links and so on...so I'm really happy that it's getting out there for Vinylmation fans to read and enjoy.

I also wanted to publicly thank TJ again for helping me understand how to conduct a professional interview in which I was able to incorporate and put my own personality/style to it. He had some great advice on what type of questions should be asked and what things shouldn't be asked. It was super helpful and really helped me find my footing as I actually sat down to write the actual interview the next day based on some of the notes I had taken.

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on the interview as well. Do you have a favorite Vinylmation artist and/or a favorite design of Ron's?
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy