andreas the pixar maniac
NOTE - POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW BASED ON PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS!

so i was just some of the old trailers for the good dinosaur and just sat there and i had some fun rewatching them until i saw something that immediately cought my attention in one of the international trailers there is a scene where spot hugs arlo at first thought it was just a normal hug until i paused and looked at spots face and he looked completly heartbroken and arlo had this kinda sad looking smile and then i began thinking what if that scene is  actually the ending? maybe the movie ends with them having to say farewell to each otter or something like that i gotta  admit if the movie ends like that im probbly going to cry like a little girl[wink] but anyway i just thought this was kinda interesting and if someone has made a topic like this allready then you can just dellte this oh and i would like to say sorry for the awful English im way better at speacking English than i am typing it[smile]
Quote 0 0
tfan695
Doesn't asking a question like this count as a spoiler? It may not be officially confirmed but it puts ideas in people's heads that they may not want to have
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
i forgot about that sorry[frown] is thire any way i can change my post so i i can add spoiler warning?
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
I personally didn't mind, andreas the pixar maniac, but others might, so if you want to insert a spoiler alert/theory warning, you can simply edit your post. [smile]

As for what I think, no, I honestly don't really think that's what's gonna happen. I mean, there's a possibility, but I highly doubt it, because it really looks like Spot is comforting Arlo on his family and not really saying goodbye. Just my two cents though. [wink]
Quote 1 0
ReptilePatrol
The one where Spot hugs Arlo on the nose (daytime) or on the leg (nighttime)? The leg hug I think has been said to be in the beginning half of the movie, the nose hug I'm not sure.

Your theory is a possibility but I wouldn't call the scene a spoiler, given that it doesn't reveal any plot details. However, they've done similar things before: Inside Out's US trailer had a brief shot of the scene near the end of Inside Out [**SPOILERS**] where Riley's just come home and her parents are hugging her [/END SPOILER]. But then how many of you guys predicted Inside Out's ending based on that? I think that, as well as the sad scenes shown so far for The Good Dinosaur, are to merely tease the more emotional aspects of the movie without delving into specifics.

EDIT: I think I may have found what you're talking about. I don't think I've seen this international trailer before because it has some new footage, including the hug you were talking about:

(SPOILERS for those who don't want to see the scene in question)(also some SEMI-SPOILERS below as I expand on the theory/speculate further on the possible ending)

I can certainly see how your theory can be justified, though if Arlo and Spot are indeed parting ways, that begs the question, why? I'm assuming there's a happy ending where Arlo finds his family, though it'd be interesting to see if Pixar has some tricks up their sleeves beyond the predictable clichés. Though why wouldn't Spot be able to keep going on with Arlo? Their strong friendship has been put front and center in promotional material - what force could possibly be strong enough to necessitate their parting? The only Pixar movie to date with such an ending off the top of my head would be Toy Story 3, which was kind of necessary, but the friendships in all of Pixar's other movies - Remy/Linguini, Marlin/Dory, WALL-E/EVE, Carl/Russell, Joy/Sadness - these friendships remain intact at the end. So if this scene is showing us the moment where Spot and Arlo hug before parting ways — which is one of many possibilities — there'd have to be something much bigger at play that we're not aware of yet that made it happen.
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
i wasent talking about the scene where spot comforts arlo and then howl at the moon i was talking about a scene in one of the trailers where spot hugs arlos nose:/
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Oh! In that case, yes yes, that's a very reasonable theory and it makes a lot of sense.

But now I'm thinking that wasn't a very smart choice when putting that in the trailer. Ok, all right, maybe a number of people won't notice, but that doesn't change the fact that they really might have just revealed the how this movie finishes...
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
ReptilePatrol wrote:

I can certainly see how your theory can be justified, though if Arlo and Spot are indeed parting ways, that begs the question, why?

I'm thinking that Spot can't live with Arlo and his family. I'm not sure exactly why, but for one, they're all those really big dinosaurs (Sorry, I forgot the name of the species XD) and can easily accidently crush him. It might also be that Spot is more of a nomad, or he's looking for his family and doesn't want to give up on them.

ReptilePatrol wrote:
I'm assuming there's a happy ending where Arlo finds his family, though it'd be interesting to see if Pixar has some tricks up their sleeves beyond the predictable clichés. Though why wouldn't Spot be able to keep going on with Arlo? Their strong friendship has been put front and center in promotional material - what force could possibly be strong enough to necessitate their parting?

I'm sure Arlo finds his family as well, but this movie (And Pixar) probably wants to have as much emotional element as possible so as not to make the film seem too cliché.

As for Spot, I'm not sure why he wouldn't be able to stay with Arlo, but their better be a good explanation, because this movie doesn't really look very appealing to me anymore, and the last thing it needs is a stupid reason as to why Spot's gotta go.

Their strong friendship is probably being so showcased so that the audience doesn't want for anything like that to happen (Which is probably why Spot might leave). And what force can make him want/need to leave? Maybe themselves. Another idea I just got is that maybe Spot doesn't like the Clawtooth Mountains and wants to go back to the region where he was found/from, or maybe Arlo realizes that the farm might not be where Spot belongs.

ReptilePatrol wrote:
The only Pixar movie to date with such an ending off the top of my head would be Toy Story 3, which was kind of necessary, but the friendships in all of Pixar's other movies - Remy/Linguini, Marlin/Dory, WALL-E/EVE, Carl/Russell, Joy/Sadness - these friendships remain intact at the end. So if this scene is showing us the moment where Spot and Arlo hug before parting ways — which is one of many possibilities — there'd have to be something much bigger at play that we're not aware of yet that made it happen.

Yeah hopefully, but I'm not getting my hopes to high.
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
There are numerous possibilities for why they may part ways but whatever the reason, it must be pretty damn good if they want the story to be believable. It can't just be some cheap trick to tug at our heartstrings, it'd need to really make sense. Like for example, in the beginning of Toy Story 3 we're already looking at how Andy is too old for his toys, and this theme of outgrowing your toys is brought up throughout.

Another theory: halfway through the movie, Arlo loses Spot (potential reasons for this happening are plentiful) and near the end of the film Arlo finds him, so they're reunited. I rewatched the scene and I think it could work the other way as well. Arlo is scared and Spot is fearless in the beginning, so their roles get reversed later on and Arlo has to overcome his fears and rescue Spot from something perhaps?
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Great conversations and great theory's everyone - I like reading how the thoughts waver back and forth! [smile]

Here's an international poster released on Disney Japan's Facebook page (as spotted by Pixar Brasil Blog), with the emotional embrace. Whatever the reason may be, they're certainly sharing happy tears. Another theory may be that they just embrace after a particularly scary moment where they thought they were in danger - kind of how people do in real life after a tragic event.

12191328_848359655278870_7464787815921672785_o.jpg 
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
reptile you know i never tought about that and that reminds in one of the otter trailers thire is a scene where are storm is coming and arlo gets scared and runs away without spot and then it cuts to spot whos standing on small stone looking both scared sad and confused so maybe the scene where spot hugs arlos nose is actuly what happens after arlo saves him oh and anotter thing i just noticed is that this scene dosent apper to take place at Clawed Tooth Mountains so  maybe your right only time will tell[smile]
Quote 0 0
Kyr
Well, confirming or debunking the theory is easy -- the Little Golden Book of the Good Dinosaur is out (or will be this week), and there are read-a-longs on Youtube. Like most of the Little Golden Books of Pixar films, it's a full plot synopsis.

I don't recommend picking the book up until you see the movie. It's pretty spoilerrific.
Quote 1 0
ReptilePatrol
Saw this on my bus stop and got excited! [biggrin]

They're not sharing any tears at all here, happy or sad. Perhaps the significance of this hug is more complex than we thought?

[JFXm098] 
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
Great conversations and great theory's everyone - I like reading how the thoughts waver back and forth! [smile]

Here's an international poster released on Disney Japan's Facebook page (as spotted by Pixar Brasil Blog), with the emotional embrace. Whatever the reason may be, they're certainly sharing happy tears. Another theory may be that they just embrace after a particularly scary moment where they thought they were in danger - kind of how people do in real life after a tragic event.

12191328_848359655278870_7464787815921672785_o.jpg 

Wow!! Japan does sure love emotional stuff! From their commercials, to their cut of the Inside Out trailer. To this poster. They are kind of like me, IDK why, but I really love it when movies can get sad, i just connect in such a deeper level.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Kyr wrote:
I don't recommend picking the book up until you see the movie. It's pretty spoilerrific.

Couldn't agree more to NOT pick up the book until after you see the movie. Yes, it does give away EVERYTHING (without the nuances) in a few short pages! 

Also - more importantly, welcome to the forums!! Glad you joined and chimed in - we hope to hear more!
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy