Peace_Love_Pixar
So I've been thinking about this for a while now... What do guys think about DreamWorks? Do you think they are a good studio that makes fine movies or it isn't that great? I personally think that DreamWorks isn't that bad a studio and their films are pretty good. A few of my favorites are Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Mega Mind, the Prince of Egypt, and Madagascar 2; just to name a few. [smile]
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
I think that DreamWorks can make good things, but they are incredibly inconsistent. My favorite movie of theirs is Shrek 2. I only really like Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, I have fun with Madagascar and HTTYD. I think sometimes they make cute films, some times they make crap films, sometimes they make mediocre films. And not very often do they make gold. That's my opinion but i still really really like some of their films and i love a couple. I hate films like Turbo or Sharks Tale.
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
I think most of their films are kinda B-list personally, and they're often dated by pop culture references. Most of them are just kinda....shallow entertainment. However, there are a few I really love. Spirit is a truly moving film with beautiful music and animation, and it really shaped my childhood. Shrek is probably the pinnacle of their work. I also enjoyed Megamind and HTTYD (the first was better than the second though). I thought I would like Rise of the Guardians because so many people raved about it, but I found it pretty boring and everyone else in my family walked out of it when I put it on.
Quote 0 0
mac95
They have a few good movies, but overall I have to say I don't like them simply because of Antz.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
I have seen maybe four of their movies recently enough that I can remember them. Some were really good (Rise of the Guardians). Some sucked (Turbo). Some were arguably morally reprehensible due to likely being rip offs (Turbo). The studio in general I kind of have a weird view point on in that, as mentioned, I don't see many of their movies, but I kind of feel bad for them for their money troubles and want to see them bounce back.

And I still want Me and My Shadow. That seemed like a totally Pixar level concept.

Also I have a minor obsession with the Madagascar penguins. [Silly_zps7c205e8c]

Quote 0 0
BeanoMaster
Some of their movies are good, other not so much.

I prefer their TV shows to their movies.
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
i have always had a love/hate realtionship with dreamworks i mean sometimes thire make great movies like shrek and shrek 2 the entire kung fu panda franchise is also pretty damn great i also love spirit and the how to train your dragon series and i also love sinbad and the road to eldorado and bee movie but my favorite dreamworks movie is with out a doubt prince of egypt  that movie is one of the best movies i have ever seen but thire have also made movies i really hate like ants  shrek 3 flushed away  madagascar 1 2 and 3 home  over the hedge turbo and penguins of madagascar   but the worst film thire have ever made is without a doubt Shark Tale god i hate that movie every single second in that movie makes me cringe every minute make me wanna kil myself the movie is only an hour and a half long and yet it feels more like 10 if i had to chose to  between  watching that movie agian or get tortured to death i would chose torture well anýway sorry for that rant i just really hate that movie well anyways thats pretty much what i think about dreamworks  goodbye for now[smile]
Quote 0 0
Sally
I still love and support them besides the troubles with their recent films (Turbo, Home) but the lack of sequels troubles me

Also, their shows are cool and have nice animation, but they're always cheaper than the movies they based on (expect HTTYD shows) 
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Yeah, I appreciate DreamWorks because of the fact that they're that little studio that just wants to make good movies. They don't get much help from the large companies (Disney, Universal), and the people that are fans of those awesome studios like Pixar and Disney Animation Studios don't always appreciate their efforts. And though they don't always succeed (Some of their movies can be outright terrible), when they do the movies they produce can be real treasures. [smile]

Additionally, I don't know if there's been a lack of sequels. They're making Kung Fu Panda 3 and an Ice Age 5, and just a few years ago came HTTYD 2, so that's something.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Peace_Love_Pixar wrote:
Additionally, I don't know if there's been a lack of sequels. They're making Kung Fu Panda 3 and an Ice Age 5, and just a few years ago came HTTYD 2, so that's something.

Ice Age isn't Dreamworks. Blue Sky Studios makes the Ice Age movies. Dreamworks does have a sequel planned for each of the next few years, though (Kung Fu Panda 3, The Croods 2, and HttYD 3), so it's not like they're cutting back or lacking in them.

Dreamworks is actually closer to Pixar's announced plan for movie releases than Pixar is. :/

Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
DreamWorks is like a machine that throws things at the wall and sees if things stick. Sometimes they do (HTTYD, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, etc.) and sometimes they don't (Shrek 4, Turbo, Home, etc.), so it's kind of a love/hate relationship as andreas said. However, I do have to give them respect for being an independent studio and (alongside Pixar) creating the Best Animated Feature category at the Oscars. Competition from DreamWorks (in both the storytelling and technical sides of animation) keeps Disney and Pixar on their toes [smile]
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Bonnie wrote:
Peace_Love_Pixar wrote:

Ice Age isn't Dreamworks. Blue Sky Studios makes the Ice Age movies. Dreamworks does have a sequel planned for each of the next few years, though (Kung Fu Panda 3, The Croods 2, and HttYD 3), so it's not like they're cutting back or lacking in them.

Dreamworks is actually closer to Pixar's announced plan for movie releases than Pixar is. :/

Oh, right. Well, seems like I forgot. Oh well. [tongue]
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
I've seen a lot more of their movies since this thread was made, so I'd like to add my thoughts on all of them.

First off, I must reiterate that I LOVE Rise of the Guardians. I forget how great it is every time. 

Next, Mr. Peabody and Sherman was a huge surprise for me; I don't know what it is but I just really, really like it. Except for Penny. Penny is awful. 

Both these movies ^^^ were horribly marketed.

Shrek was nice. It seems weird describing that movie with that word, but, yeah, it was nice. I wouldn't ever say it was a classic or anything, (it counts as one whether I agree or not, though), but given the option I'd watch it again.

The Croods...exists. I didn't dislike it or like it it just was a thing I watched and then moved on from. And something about the human animation seemed...plastic-y. The meat of that roast chicken didn't look right, either. 

Madagascar was kind of funny but not enough to really make me like it. I was actually really disappointed, maybe it's just because I've heard a lot of their lines so many times, but even the penguins weren't that funny (only one line from them got me). 

Home I saw like the last half of, then I tried starting from the beginning, but I stopped before I could get to the part where I started last. Tip ticked me off enough that I didn't want to continue. You don't get to give lectures on considering other people's feelings after you force someone to do something they're repeatedly telling you they don't like, lady.

I also tried out some of their Netflix shows. The Mr Peabody and Sherman show was awful. All Hail King Julien was entertaining enough for me to bother watching every episode. I don't think it was anything particularly special (it's weird as heck, but I wouldn't count that as a positive), but I think it did set off a minor Madagascar lemur obsession to go with the aforementioned Madagascar penguin obsession. [Silly_zps7c205e8c]Also, the models have fur now and that makes me happy. [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]

I think overall my opinion of Dreamworks has improved. I've actually decided to hold back judgement on Trolls and wait for reviews before deciding whether or not to see it because awful marketing has kept me from two great Dreamworks films already and I don't want to let it happen again.

By the way, guys, remind me, why do people get on Dreamworks' case for sequels again? They've made 10 sequels out of 32 movies (eight if you don't count spin offs). Out of the four multiple movie franchises they have, two are agreed to have a steady level of good quality (How to Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda), one has gotten better critical reception with each film (Madagascar), and one at least got a really great sequel before it went down hill, and then the spin off got good again (Shrek). That's a pretty good track record in my book.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy