0%
 Inside Out 7 votes
87%
 The Good Dinosaur 0 votes
0%
 Coco 1 vote
12%
Please sign up or log in to vote.
As Toy Story 4 wraps up this decade of Pixar, I thought it would be interesting to see what everybody considered to be this decade's best original film Pete Docter's Inside Out, Lee Unkrich's Coco, Mark Andrew's Brave or Peter Sohn's The Good Dinosaur. I find myself constantly flipping what my favorite original this decade was between Coco and Inside Out. Thoughts?

Pixar-Original-Films-This-Decade-V2.jpg
Quote 3 0
Thepixarfanofthefamily05
Coco
Quote 0 0
Thepixarfanofthefamily05
No question
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Inside Out for me! Bing Bong for the win...and the insane emotion of growing up! Coco is amazing as well, don't get me wrong, and I really connected with the land of the dead and the desire to honor Dia de los Muertos (which I not celebrate as well due to personal losses), but still, Inside Out really gets me. The memory dump scene every time and as Bing Bong realizes that he's no longer going to be needed (when Sadness first comforts him). Ugh!
Quote 1 0
PixarPug
Another vote for Inside Out here.  Incredible movie.
Quote 0 0
TheSpaceSheriff
Inside Out for sure. I liked Coco but Inside Out just resonated with me more. Not really sure how to articulate that thought fully but It's one of my favorites during the decade of sequels/follow ups.
Quote 1 0
Arlo
I love Coco and Inside Out, but if you were to ask me a week ago which one I thought was better I would say Coco was by a lot. I have seen both films at least fifteen to twenty times each, but for some reason as much as I enjoyed Inside Out it never resonated with me in a way that Coco did. Well recently I rewatched Inside Out again, and I don't know what happened, but it might be one of my top Pixar films now. Everything about it is perfect in my opinion. The writing, characters, world-building, animation! So good! So Inside Out probably takes the cake for me!
Quote 0 0
Pixarsuperfan8695
I’ll vote for Inside Out as well! From the remarkable visuals to the excellent writing and character design, it’s really well produced and definitely resonates with me. Coco’s amazing too, though—it’s just wonderful how it pays tribute to Mexico and celebrates Dia de los Muertos. 
Quote 0 0
Andrea56
Hmm...it would be really cool if there was a poll for this 🙂

But I have to go with the majority of you folks and also vote for Inside Out as well. Just beautiful and emotional (no pun intended) from start to finish. It really makes you think, too!

I really enjoyed Coco for what it was - what a colorful and lovely movie, with the music matching its gorgeous visuals (it's just as about music as it is family, so that shows). The ending also makes me sob like a baby. Every. Single. Time.

But Inside Out hit a deeper chord with me. 🙂
Quote 2 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Good suggestion on adding a poll, Andrea56. I added it to the original question that Arlo posed! (Edited to add a picture, too)! ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸ËœÅ½

If anyone would like you can scroll back to the top of the page and cast your vote in the poll. I did mine for Inside Out! Loving reading everyone's reasons why they like one film over another. Not surprisingly, it seems like it's basically between Coco and Inside Out — they were the two strongest original films critically and at the box office.

For comparison purposes below is a list of box office totals and Rotten Tomatoes scores (top scores and box office revenue in red).

1) Brave — RT Score (78% Critics / 76% Audience). Worldwide Box Office ($540.4 Million).
2) Inside Out — RT Score (98% Critics / 89% Audience). Worldwide Box Office ($857.6 Million). 
3) The Good Dinosaur — RT Score (76% Critics / 65% Audience). Worldwide Box Office ($332.2 Million).
4) Coco — RT Score (97% Critics / 94% Audience). Worldwide Box Office ($807.1 Million).

Also, I wonder how this list will change after Soul and Onward hit!?

Side Note - we added this as a Twitter poll, a Facebook post, and an Instagram post...and will bring the results back here as well.
Quote 1 0
Dave Perkins
Oh man....Pixar had 2 of my top 5's in this last decade. It's such a hard one to answer. Let me get the easy stuff out of the way first. Of the originals mentioned, The Good Dinosaur is last on the list. It was a good effort from the studio and Peter Sohn gave a great effort given the problems with the production. Then comes Brave. I really liked it...a little over rated in my opinion, but it was still good. Wreck-it Ralph should have won best animated feature that year, but...I'll move on from this one! Anyhow, between Coco and Inside Out. It's so difficult to choose one as I loved both of them so much. I think, in the end, Bing Bong really puts it over the top for me. I was a blubbering mess when he disappeared and told Joy to take Riley to the moon for him. But Coco....it's a close second and I mean, really close.
Quote 2 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Hey Dave, I agree with your ratings 100%.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
The shortness of this list makes me sad.

I guess it's a showdown between Inside Out and Coco, and with that I'll need to go with Coco.

Of course, it's beautiful and emotional, and somewhat funny (not hugely, but somewhat), but on top of that I really love the whole concept. I'm really interested in different cultures, and so I absolutely love it when there's an animated movie that throws itself into that aspect. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it adds this layer of fascination to the whole thing (and makes behind the scenes stuff even more awesome). There's also just something about the Land of the Dead that's a lot more appealing to me than Inside Out's setting; I guess it's just that Inside Out's representation of the mind feels like an unconnected series of ideas without a lot of beauty to it, where as the Land of the Dead feels more like a place where everything smoothly flows into everywhere else (and it's gorgeous). And the movie doesn't focus on two people who don't like each other becoming friends, which I'm horribly sick of (though it does have a twist villain, which I'm also horribly sick of).

And I have to give points to any movie that breaks down my cynicism. Coco had an uphill battle, Inside Out didn't, so I't more impressive to me that I enjoyed Coco so danged much.

I guess if I really thought about it Inside Out might be better made on a more objective level. It lacks some of the forced dialogue Coco had (I'm just now realizing both movies used a narrator, and now I wonder why they didn't just use narrator Miguel to explain Day of the Dead) and I can't really think of a specific shot that wowed me like Inside Out had (I still really love the one where the core memories slip out of her arms so she hugs herself). On the other hand, Inside Out occasionally feels like it's just killing time with stuff like going into the parents' heads (the only thing I can think of in Coco where the plot isn't actively moving forward is maybe the song Hector sings to the dying guy, but at least the scene and him singing had a purpose, and it was less time), and, going hand in hand with that, the world building in that movie is atrocious. 

Objectively being better would be a much harder question that'd require rewatches, but right now, personally, Coco. 

(All things said here said without having seen Coco for at least a year, and Inside Out for at least four.)
Quote 1 0
Arlo
So great to see everybody's opinions!
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy