Luis504170
Hopefully I can get the forum to participate on this one. I've always wondered what Pixar scenes resonate the most with you guys. We all have our favorite Pixar films, but which single moments are your favorites? If you have any that stand out please post a link to share and we will discuss the scene!
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
I will start us off with my personal favorite Pixar scene OF ALL TIME! This gem:

Everything about this is - PERFECT! What do you guys think?
Quote 0 0
InfinitePixar
I just watched the Define Dancing scene from WALL-E and I think that deserves a mention.
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
Definitely! Here it is! 

Remember, anyone can add to this thread! 
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
On a film-making and animating level, I think the opening of Finding Nemo, after the barracuda, stands out.

I think that scene might be Pixar's ultimate sad scene. I think sad moments, like jokes, can wear away their effectiveness with repeat viewings, but Finding Nemo came out when I was six, I've seen it quite a few times in my lifetime, and it still makes me tear up just typing about it.

I love it for things like the wide-shot showing Marlin completely alone and looking very small (not that he isn't, it's just intentionally pronounced here) in the big ocean, and when he just puts his fins over his eyes and starts quietly crying. 

I'm actually happy you made this thread, because it made me go back and rewatch it, and it never registered before how he moves slowly when he goes to look at the egg's hole. I love that, like he's afraid of what he'll find in there, or knows that he won't find anything and doesn't want to need to face it. 

And, much like you praised Coco for, the scene fits perfectly in the film and doesn't come off like it's checking off some kind of sadness quota. 

Quote 1 0
Luis504170
Thanks for your post Bonnie! Let's also not forget how amazing it is when the sad music builds into the Title screen.

I also love the frame within a frame close up at 0:34. It definitely sets the mood for what's coming later, in that the anemone moves at a natural, subtle pace, while Marlin remains confused and terrified, something about that gets to me, it is probably done to signify that tragedy is in the ocean's nature. Not to mention it is gorgeously animated.

Yeah, I think you've mentioned this before but I remember when the Pixar team looked at dog's eyes to try and animate the fish and their expressions. This scene in particular nails that, I love the way his eyes shift and his "Eyebrows" tighten as he looks for Coral. 

And yes, this definitely doesn't seem like Pixar scratching off a "Sad" check. I think you and me have both talked about how forced the emotional moment at the end of The Good Dinosaur was. Effective, maybe, but it didn't make sense thematically and it didn't at all feel within the film's element. 
Quote 0 0
New Konoiche
I always remember random, funny scenes the most. For instance:

That scene in Up where Carl and Russel are having dinner with Charles Muntz and the dogs keep taking bites of Russel's hot dog and drinking from his water glass. I also loved the part where Dug says "I do not like the cone of shame." Just the way he says it is hilarious. No, really? Thought you loved it! 

I also fondly remember that scene in Inside Out where Riley's mom asks what her favorite part of the drive was and the Emotions chime in and Fear's response is: "wearing a seat belt!" Again, just so random and well-delivered!

From Coco, that scene at the beginning where Miguel is recalling his conversations with Mama Coco: especially: "I used to run like this" (demonstrates), "but now I run like THIS!!! So much faster!" Such a great character defining moment for both of them, IMO.

But my favorite is this exchange from the beginning of Finding Nemo:
Jellyfish: One of my tentacles is shorter than the other
Seahorse: I'm H20 Intollerant
Angel fish: I'm obnoxious!

Lol. Sounds like they are repeating their IEP diagnoses or something.
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
New Konoiche wrote:

From Coco, that scene at the beginning where Miguel is recalling his conversations with Mama Coco: especially: "I used to run like this" (demonstrates), "but now I run like THIS!!! So much faster!" Such a great character defining moment for both of them, IMO.

That one very simple detail did get a loud reaction from a lot of people, and I myself love it. I was actually kind of surprised that such a natural moment got such a big response, just highlights how great Miguel is and how adorable Mama Coco is as well. 
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Ok! Next moment I would like to discuss! 

We all know it, we all love it. What specifics about this scene do you guys think makes it so resonant?Leave your thoughts!
Quote 0 0
WarrenJB
I'd have to think, but it'd be tough to top that 100 Mile Dash. I have a thing for speedster heroes (since playing Sonic the Hedgehog games) and I think the animated effect here is, if not realistic, then very convincing. I have to point out the bit with the lake. The whole sequence is maybe the first time he's really opened up his power ("Run as fast as you can!"), and he's not even sure of the extent, himself. When he finds that he's moving so fast that he's running right over the surface of the water, he laughs with relief and delight...

... and runs faster.

The Bing Bong scene: easy. It's the turnaround in his character, the resignation, and the sacrifice.

What Bing Bong wants most is to be remembered by Riley, and have fun with her again; and for the way he's shown as a fairly clownish, dare I say stupid and irresponsible (but not unsympathetic) character, you get the feeling his motivations are a little selfish. But when he and Joy find themselves in the memory dump, with not enough left in the rocket cart to get both out, he realises Riley needs Joy and her core memories more than she needs to remember him.

I don't know if his dissolving hand means he's doomed anyway, but at that point, and in the quiet, subdued way he encourages Joy one last time, you begin to get an inkling of the enormous, selfless decision he's made. No telling Joy; no opportunity to talk him out of it; keep singing, I'm right behind you. At the end, what Bing Bong wants most is for Riley to be whole, and that can only happen if she forgets him utterly.
Quote 1 0
BornFromThe90s
I love when Remy fixes the soup. Everything about the music, visuals and moving camera angels makes the scene so iconic and makes the soup really delicious as well. I think the same goes for when Remy & Linguini practices with blindfold. 

Surely the scene where Woody & Buzz enter Pizza Planet is very special and a child's dream to enter a Pizzeria with theme of space and mystery. 

When Boo has to go home breaks me every time. It's so sad and sweet, it doesn't help with that music[Crying2_zpscd88994b] but it's a very strong scene.

My new favourite I think is the entire scene of Miguel's hideout and him playing his guitar while watching De La Cruz. It hits home so well.

Finding Nemo has so many great moments, but.
But now I actually realized my all-time favourite Pixar scene. 
When Marlin collapses inside of the whale, crying to break out and passes out collapsing to the bottom. For once Dory is acting calm and realizes something's really different this time. That shot of seeing Marlin lying there with the reflection from inside the whale is so powerful. It's the one point where Marlin finally breaks and has let it all out. A beautiful and powerful scene. With a really great message as well from Dory. "Well you can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him" 
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
WarrenJB wrote:

What Bing Bong wants most is to be remembered by Riley, and have fun with her again; and for the way he's shown as a fairly clownish, dare I say stupid and irresponsible (but not unsympathetic) character, you get the feeling his motivations are a little selfish. But when he and Joy find themselves in the memory dump, with not enough left in the rocket cart to get both out, he realises Riley needs Joy and her core memories more than she needs to remember him.

I don't know if his dissolving hand means he's doomed anyway, but at that point, and in the quiet, subdued way he encourages Joy one last time, you begin to get an inkling of the enormous, selfless decision he's made. No telling Joy; no opportunity to talk him out of it; keep singing, I'm right behind you. At the end, what Bing Bong wants most is for Riley to be whole, and that can only happen if she forgets him utterly.

You nailed it! It's a sacrifice from a lovable character, which is already sad, the thing that makes it sadder is that he won't be remembered, something so insignificant to one character can be the thing that motivates another to live, and it's just so sad. Also, the fact Bing Bong's death is seen as something necessary for Riley's mental health, oh noooo. 

Also excuse me for going a little bit darker than intended, but I wonder if Joy and Sadness even remember Bing Bong? Like, they are just personifications of Riley's emotions, so they ARE Riley. So if Riley doesn't remember Bing Bong, then maybe Joy and Sadness don't either, which maybe explains why he wasn't acknowledged later on by any of them. 
Quote 0 0
Luis504170

Finding Nemo has so many great moments, but.
But now I actually realized my all-time favourite Pixar scene. 
When Marlin collapses inside of the whale, crying to break out and passes out collapsing to the bottom. For once Dory is acting calm and realizes something's really different this time. That shot of seeing Marlin lying there with the reflection from inside the whale is so powerful. It's the one point where Marlin finally breaks and has let it all out. A beautiful and powerful scene. With a really great message as well from Dory. "Well you can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him" 

Finding Nemo is filled with fantastic moments, the Whale might just be the best one. You're right about that line that Dory delivers: "You can't never let anything happen to him, then nothing will ever happen to him" at first it sounds like another oblivious dumb Dory line, but it really just embodies what the whole film's theme is about. 
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy