BeanoMaster
I really like You've Got a Friend In Me (Toy Story), Life's A Highway (Cars) and If I Didn't Have You (Monsters Inc) 
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Define Dancing, Wow (Finding Nemo OST) and I have a major nostalgic soft spot for Life is a Highway. Real Gone's also fun, and Le Festin's pretty.

Never really got the appeal of You've Got a Friend In Me. :/
Quote 0 1
Luis504170
Define Dancing, Le Festine, and Married Life. But all of the music is flawless.
Quote 1 0
mac95
I love You've Got A Friend In Me as it really "takes me back" and has a fun tune and nice lyrics. I also love Married Life, and the entire Up soundtrack. The Incredibles theme song, which I do not know the name of, is another favorite.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Love the topic! I'm a fan of so many it's hard to narrow down, but a few of my favorites that really stand out are:
  • the Main Titles of Monsters, Inc. - so jazzy and upbeat and totally makes me smile when I hear it!
  • Ratatouille, "Colette Shows Him The Ropes" (when Colette is showing Linguini around the kitchen). I love the sweeping, smooth nature of the song. It's so organized and ties so many styles of music together (I describe it as a french-inspired Salsa James Bond film). I have no idea how you can write something like this with great strings, accordion, piano, horns and still make a standard drum kit fit in so perfectly.
  • The Incredibles, "Kronos Unveiled" (when Mr. incredible sneaks into Syndrome's lair and finds out that the password is Kronos). Standard spy movie undertones with brilliant use of xylophone at the end to give the song a punch! I describe this song as letting it come to you rather than it trying to stand out on it's own.
  • Toy Story 2, "The Cleaner" (when Woody is getting cleaned by Geri from the Geri's Game short! That music has such a strong lyrical element without having words associated and reminds me somewhat of a Danny Elfman track from Edward Scissorhands with it's playful nature.
  • Up, "Married Life" (I don't need to describe this scene since everyone knows it)! It's one of the most uplifting, yet tragic songs ever that pairs perfectly with the visual. It's a wonderful waltz that (no joke) is welling me up inside as I type this while it transitions to it's soft and slow piano. The brilliance of this song is undeniable.
  • WALL•E, "Space Dance / Define Dancing" - this is so Thomas Newman. Brilliant use of beautiful string swells, harp, piano (and I think some nice timpani drums to bring a unique touch to it). The swells sell it for me along with the ethereal nature of the track.
  • WALL•E, "2815 A.D." - (when we see the baron landscape from the film). I love how dark this is! Much darker than most Pixar films I can think of - very Star Wars-ish to me.
  • Cars, "McQueen and Sally" (when McQueen and Sally go for a drive and she shows him the wonder of Radiator Springs). It's a simple song, but I love it. It's the moment in the film that makes me want to discover a small town myself and I love the acoustic guitar, brushes on the snare drum and of course the wonderful horn swells when they see the waterfall.

Oh, and as much as I love the pairing of Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts in Cars, I don't associate it as a Pixar song since it was originally a hit in the early 90's by Tom Cochrane and I associate it with that. 

OK, I could go on for a while now picking out favorites, but I think it's someone else's turn to go! Ha! 
Quote 1 0
Faky
definitely : "strange thing" (Toy Story) is my favorite pixar song ♥
after this .. I think I love every other pixar song but I don't remember all of them
Quote 0 0
BeanoMaster
I also forgot We Belong Together (Toy Story 3).
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
I'll be sure to tell you guys after I come up with a list. [Winking_zps1d9118ce]
Quote 0 0
Princess Rizu
Although I've only heard snippets, I'm pretty positive that the song from LAVA is going to be my favorite Pixar song to date! I eat that sweet sounding ukulele stuff right up.

Other than that, I've always loved Le Festin, as well as Married Life! I've always thought the music from La Luna was beautiful too (my favorite Pixar short)!
Quote 0 0
miafka
Well, because I kind of do this for a living, I don't have a "favorite Pixar song" or track the way I might have a "favorite movie" or "favorite book." I can't see it that way. Honestly, if I'm watching a movie that I worked on, even though I can still very much enjoy it, 20% of my brain is instead remembering how it was while recording each scene, listening to how it sounds in the final mix, etc. So I'm the worst person to answer a question like this. But there are always times where I'm moved with how, in particular scenes, the music and the visuals can work together to make it magical, terrifying, or wonderful. So in Wall-E for instance, "Define Dancing" would be a perfect example of that. But instead of answering the question, I can offer up a few memories of working on some various scenes/cues.

Some people here have mentioned "Married Life" from Up. For "Up", there were two initial days of scoring done early on (before the bulk was done a few months later), and I believe Married Life was recorded on the very first day (with it being such an important scene, I think they wanted to make sure it would work). Well, let me tell you, even though it was our job and we were concentrating on our work, that scene was emotional for even us to watch while working on it.

Ratatouille: I remember for the scene where Remi's making the soup and the camera's showing him adding ingredients just before he's discovered, there were probably more tweaks made to the score in that scene than in any other in the picture (at least while the orchestra was around). We spent a LONG time on that cue, as they'd make tiny little adjustments here and there to get it exactly the way they wanted it. Then we even returned to it yet again on a later day, doing yet another version where the orchestration had now been completely changed. At first I was thinking to myself "hey, the other version was better," but the more I heard the final version they decided on, the more I liked it best. But it's strange, it's not as "pivotal" a scene in the movie as, say, when Colette sees the "Anyone Can Cook" book in the bookstore window near the end, but we literally spent hours just for the tiniest little changes in that one scene.

Ratouille End: For those who don't know, originally the movie didn't end with the French song. Originally when we scored it, the final scene had just the orchestra playing the second, swung theme of the movie as it went into the closing credits. But then a few weeks later we got called back to do one more session to record the song, and that's what you hear today (and what a perfect way to end).

FYI: when we record the music to a film, we never get the music beforehand. The first time we see it is when we show up for work that day, and we have to be able to play it perfectly from the very first time, because they hit the RECORD button from the very first time we play it -- and unless there are changes, we'll usually just play it 2-3 times at most, then it's onto the next one (though if there are changes made, we can spend a lot longer on a cue).

Wall-E: the scene where Wall-E is having a "date" (with Eve unconscious) and all those misfortunes are happening to him. As you know, the music in this scene sounds quite a bit different than in the rest of the movie. This was intentional. I remember Tommy Newman (the composer) telling us something like "Okay guys, well, we decided to try something a little different for this scene... some really cheezy music, and we'll see how it works.." And boy, did it. We were all laughing and in stitches watching that scene during a playback.

As I said, what works for me is when the music comes together with the visuals to make a moment magical. I don't know if listening to Toy Story 2's song "When She Loved Me" by itself (without the movie) would move me... but boy, used in the movie in that scene, it was absolutely heartbreakingly perfect.
Quote 2 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy