Andrea56
Teasers are meant to announce upcoming projects that Pixar is working on. Some of them are out and out trailers (like the first Toy Story teaser trailer), while others are quick blips (such as the Up teaser). I was looking back at most of the teasers lately, and I noticed that the teasers from Monsters Inc. to Ratatouille had a certain gimmick of two characters just talking to each other, showing audiences for the first time of what they might expect when the film comes out.

Some of them are incredibly subtle, too. Like the 'A Bug's Life' teaser, and Up. I remember the first teaser for Up, and I remember not liking it at all. Little did I know that the film itself would subvert my expectations!

So, I wanted to ask you all, do you have a favorite teaser trailer? And if you do, why is it your favorite? For myself, I love the original Toy Story teaser and Monsters Inc. the most and love to rewatch those. 🙂
Quote 1 0
Dylan
Just like you said, I really love the subtle teaser for 'A Bug's Life'. The detail of the leaf is just incredible for that time. I also love the 'Cars' teaser when they made a reference to 'A Bug's Life'. The most intense and shocking teaser was for me the one from 'Cars 3'. 
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
They do well at different things.

I'd call Up's the best and my personal favorite for encompassing what I think an ideal teaser would be. An intriguing, quick thing that makes you want to know more. WALL-E falls into that vein, too, once the general Pixar marketing ends, but I think Up beats it out in how well it grabs your attention and makes you wonder about it. In fairness to WALL-E, that's probably because Up is more just flat-out bizarre to begin with.

On the humor side of things, I enjoy the teasers for Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles (that last one mainly for the three seconds in the middle of the montage where he's just staring angrily at the belt). When it comes to story I think all of them are kind of misleading or too vague in their own ways, though. Vague is better with the shorter ones, I think.

(But nothing quite beats sneaking "must've read it wrong with my ONE EYE!" into conversations.)

Ratatouille probably gives you the best preview of what you're actually getting, even if it's a bit more slapstick-y than the actual film.

Quote 1 0
Pixarsuperfan8695
I really love the WALL•E and The Incredibles teasers. It’s great how the The Incredibles teaser gives us a peek at the combination of the mundane and fantastic elements we get to see in the film—with Bob struggling to get his belt on. I also love how the WALL•E teaser starts off by giving us insight from Andrew Stanton about the lunch in 1994 where the film was pitched, and how it keeps things simple by providing minimal footage to give a general sense of the film’s plot. 
Aside from those, I do love the Onward teaser—gets me so excited to see more as we go! 
Quote 1 0
Andrea56
You all make some really great points! I definitely see WALL-E's teaser to be markedly different, where we had an inside look at how the ideas were tossed around by Andrew Stanton and the others (really makes me wish I was a fly on the wall to listen to those particular conversations!)

The Onward trailer is a lot of fun to watch and I can't wait to see more of it. I was actually rewatching the Toy Story 2 teaser a couple of days ago, and I was surprised that it made me laugh towards the end with Buzz and Woody's exchange:

Woody: "Wait, wait wait - is he in this too?"
Buzz: "Excuse me, Pull-String Boy. What would Toy Story 2 be without Buzz Lightyear?"
Woody: "...A good movie."

Woody's facial expression there had me laughing; I actually really enjoy his sarcastic side in the films quite a bit. 🙂
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
Quote:
I was actually rewatching the Toy Story 2 teaser a couple of days ago, and I was surprised that it made me laugh towards the end with Buzz and Woody's exchange:

Woody: "Wait, wait wait - is he in this too?"
Buzz: "Excuse me, Pull-String Boy. What would Toy Story 2 be without Buzz Lightyear?"
Woody: "...A good movie."

Woody's facial expression there had me laughing; I actually really enjoy his sarcastic side in the films quite a bit. 🙂

That's hilarious! I don't think I've seen that one before, but it definitely goes in the "misleading, but funny" pile (since they're friends in the movie. It'd be perfect for the first, though).

I was just thinking the other day that Woody's snarky side kind of went away as the movies went on, but I haven't seen TS3 in a long time so maybe I'm wrong. I like sarcastic-Woody, too.
Quote 1 0
Andrea56
I didn't see it before either, which I suppose is why I didn't expect it. And you're right, his snarky side did appear less and less as the movies went by - I don't remember seeing much of that side of him in either TS3 and TS4. That may be because he matured as a character though. 🙂 I still miss that side of him, though.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy