Pixar Post - T.J. Show full post »
Zoey_Trope
Guess who's back? And guess who's already watched the trailer 3 times in a row?

I was so worried that this trailer wouldn't cover a whole lot, seeing as how it's shorter than the first one, but man, on man, it packed so much into such a little package!

WE FINALLY GOT TO SEE JENNY AND CHARLIE! The entire trailer was worth it just for that!

Baby Dory confirmed! We didn't get to see her (at least not very clearly), but her voice is so adorable! I wonder who her voice actor will be? Also, in that same quick scene with the baby blue tangs, I noticed that the fan coral in the back looks almost painted. We do know that Dory was born in the institute, so maybe this bit takes place there?

I also noticed the shots of (what appears to be) the legs of an oil field too. I'm a firm believer in the notion that Dory was born with her bad memory, but if she did get it later in her life, being caught in an oil spill seems like a plausible explanation. The later shot of the oil enveloping her (or maybe it's just dark coral?) seem pretty intense...tear-jerking scenes ahoy!

The shot of her with the sunken car looks pretty drastic...maybe this is somewhere in the Pacific during her journey to(or from) Monterey?

Looking at the clear shot of her parents again (Charlie's forehead game is on. point.), I noticed that neither of them have the little nose freckles that their daughter has. I always knew Dory's freckles were her defining trait! Also, she inherited the bright magenta eyes from her mom, which I find adorable.

The shot that resembles the one in the first film, where Marlin first meets Dory and speeds off to the right, I actually thought was lifted straight from FN when I first saw it. It took a couple re-watchings to realize that it actually is new animation! But why does it resemble that scene so much? Maybe we'll get to go back and see what exactly Dory was doing the day she met Marlin?

Destiny is so cute! I first I thought she'd be an awkward character to animate considering the large mouth and all, but the folks at Pixar nailed it! I hope we get to see some scenes of her with little Dory, seeing has how they were friends when young (read: NOT adopted sister).

I'm surprised we only got one shot (and line) from Bailey. I know he's supposed to be a "brother" of sorts to Destiny, but I can't shake the fact of what Ty said about him in that interview from the predictions thread. Is he friend or foe? He seems nice, but maybe...

Nice to see the ever-present Hank in action! Personally, I don't think he's a bad guy, and this trailer can testify to that. He's not evil, he's just misunderstood!

And then there's the shot of Dory in what appears to be a bucket of dead fish. Well, that escalated quickly. Jokes aside, maybe this is how she meets the seals, seeing as how they're fed fish in captivity?

A couple people are saying that Hank is going to lose one of his arms due to the sink, and I can't help but think different here. He said in the D23 clip that he has "bad memories of the ocean," so maybe he lost it in the wild? Seeing has how there's going to be a whole picture book based around him and his story, I can see the loss of the arm being much more complex then simply losing it to a sink.

And that's the last of my thoughts for now. So happy with this trailer, and I can't wait for the livestream!
Quote 1 0
PixarDude
Personally, I am really excited for this film, especially since the first Pixar film I saw in theaters was Finding Nemo. I loved how many of the shots from the trailer mirror some of the shots from the original, such as the bird's eye shot of Dory, Marlin, and Nemo, as well as some of the Mr. Ray shots. I'm loving the new characters, especially Destiny, and I love the old ones as well. I'm excited that Crush and Squirt are back because they were probably my favorite characters from the first one, and I'm excited to see the Tank Gang too.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
By the way - thanks to all the joined the live discussion - you guys all made it a great success with tons of feedback to share! Thanks!

In case you missed it, the video link is on the very first post of this thread - check it out!
Quote 0 0
iPixar
Unfortunately I couldn't watch it live because of work but I just finished it now!
Thank you so much T.J. and Julie you guys did a great job!
Totally worth staying up past 1am on the east coast to finish watching it! haha
Quote 1 0
ReptilePatrol
Wowie, how exciting!

Most of what I'm thinking has already been said but I just wanna add that hopefully the movie is as good as the trailer!! There's obviously going to be massive hype for Finding Dody but at the same time a little bit of fear that it'll be more Monsters University, less Toy Story 3. However, since it's Andrew Stanton at the helm, that's certainly reassuring!
Quote 1 0
Dylan
Great Google Hangout again! (Thanks for the shout out! [smile]) I just finished watching it! At one point there was a discussion where Dory met Destiny for the first time. It could be in the marine but it could also be in the ocean. Both are possible, and this is why I think that.

A while ago Pixar released some Finding Dory artwork. In one of them we see Dory, Destiny and Bailey. In the background we see the same 'trees' as we saw in the trailer. The part where Julie talked about the cozy/safe feeling from a neighborhood.

In the artwork Dory seems to be grown up, so do Destiny and Bailey. So maybe in the end (just a prediction) they go back to the place where they came from, and where they met the first time. The other possibility I was thinking of, is that Destiny and Bailey are born in captivity, and when the are released/escaped in the ocean, they had no place to go and stayed with Dory.

So much to think about! Here are the artwork and scene from the trailer.

[Bailey%20and%20Destiny%20with%20Dory] 
[dory%20neighborhood] 

Quote 0 0
Zoey_Trope
Time for some more post-livestream thoughts! 

Reiterating the fact of the "homely" looking fan coral in the flashbacks, yes, they do look "safe," but maybe a little too safe? I said earlier that the fan coral in the baby tangs shot looks almost like a painted background. Adding to that, the one clear shot of her parents has fan coral in the background too, but said coral looks very flat and uniform, with an almost "plastic" look. Could this coral possibly be fake? Could these flashback bits actually be taking place in the institute and not the ocean?

The concept of seaweed also appears multiple times in the trailer, so it's possible that this has a connection to her past as well. It has to be pretty important, seeing as how it was the main focus of the very first concept art. Maybe, after being released into the ocean when young, Dory wandered for a long time through an almost endless "maze" of seaweed off the California coast?

The empty brain coral hut that we see during the sequence of flashback shots looks very different than Dory's own hut from the first trailer. Perhaps this is her parents' hut and/or her childhood home? Also, I find it kinda clever that Dory lives in a hut of brain coral, seeing as how, you know, memory problems...in the brain...so brain coral! A stealth pun at it's finest!

On Crush's significance, someone here on the forum said a while back that maybe Marlin and company would run into him and his family in Hawaii, and although it seemed like a stretch at first, now it makes a bit more sense, seeing as how you'd run into the state's area when crossing the Pacific. All of a sudden, Marlin's journey in the first film from the Great Barrier Reef to Sydney feels like nothing when compared to Dory's journey, in which she crosses the entire Pacific Ocean.

Now earlier in this thread, I said that there was one shot in the trailer with Marlin and Dory was so similar to a shot in the first film that I thought it was legitimately reused animation. Well, out of curiosity, I got a screencap or two from the trailer and the first film, and put them side by side:

[both%20sides_zpsrvwf8nbg]

[both%20sides%202_zpspmvwbmnn]And the resemblance is uncanny! I guess this proves that we're going to see the scene of the two them first meeting once again, only this time it'll be seen from Dory's perspective instead of Marlin's. I've always wondered what exactly Dory was doing when she crashed into Marlin that day, and now, 13 years later, we'll finally find out!

Quote 3 0
Arlo
Great predictions Zoey_Trope. I would love to find out what Dory was doing that exact moment when she bumped into Marlin, that would be so cool! 
Quote 0 0
Dylan
Great find and theory Zoey_Trope! I'm wondering how they create the scène. Did they use the one from Finding Nemo or did they recreate the whole set?
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
I know I know, the thoughts for this trailer are pretty late, but hey, like they say, better late than never! Anyway, here it is...

1) First off, the visuals are fantastic! Love 'em! [smile]

2) Second of all, I'm a bit sad to say that though I LOVED the line "What if I forget you?", I feel it was a little out of place. It wasn't overall, but atop the montage it just didn't feel right. I was hoping it'd be like some heartbreaking score on the background and the parents were talking to Dory and vice versa to really hit home on the fact that Dory was afraid of losing her parents (memory), and in a way, herself. So just throwing it in there kind of killed it for me.

3) Oh my gosh, I LOVE Destiny! She's I think maybe one of my favorite characters. [smile]

4) The song started too early for me. It should have been once she decided to find them, not when she was talking about how she misses them.

5) The tank Dory was in felt isolated, lonely, and kind of confusing. I didn't really get the hand part either. If this is an Institute, why are kids poking a sea urchin and Hank?

6) At the beginning when Mr. Ray was teaching the kids, he was talking so slowly it made me think that he for some reason thought the students were really stupid. I'm glad he starts talking normal when he starts discussing instinct, but still I didn't like the whole sloooooooooooooooooow migration/instinct lesson.

7) A few of the jokes were iffy (Like the "Holy Neptune" thing), while others were quite good ("...I'd tell you a story, and then you'd forget, and then I'd get to tell you it over and over and over again").
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Zoey_Trope wrote:
I got a screencap or two from the trailer and the first film, and put them side by side:

[both%20sides_zpsrvwf8nbg]

[both%20sides%202_zpspmvwbmnn]

As I was scrolling back through some older posts in the forum I realized that I never wrote a response to say how AMAZING this comparison is! You might have to change your name to Zoey_Eagle-eye_Trope! Sorry I had forgotten to say it earlier - but excellent work - love the theory!
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy