Dan the Pixar Fan
USA Today has just released a couple brand new articles with new info and pics regarding some of the many characters we've been seeing hints at now for months! Share your thoughts here.

Sea Lions, Loons and Otters: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/03/29/finding-dory-ocean-creatures-sea-lion-otters-idris-elba-dominic-west/82257452/

Dory's Parents: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/03/29/finding-dory-parents-diane-keaton-eugene-levy-sneak-peek-exclusive/82257390/

Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Awesome find, Dan! Thanks for posting this! [wink]

So the first link I looked at was the Otters, Loons, and Seals, and I gotta to say that I love the otters! They are so cute!

Also, the seals! I like their look. But I'm hoping Fluke doesn't turn out to be kind like Hopper's brother from A Bug's Life, and that Rudder isn't like Hopper.

As for the Loons, I didn't get to see the Loons image (it didn't show up) so I'm going to wait and try and check it out later and see if I can see it.

Also, I'm wondering if Finding Dory will have a similar "Mine!" seagull gag, but the loons say something else. Maybe, because the article says that they won't talk (maybe they meant won't sat anything other than that word or phrase) or maybe not because they'll do something new with the loons.

"'One of the big perks of working on the sequel of a big movie is that everybody returns your phone calls,” says Stanton. 'They immediately jumped on board.'

The loving fish parents crucially do not have Dory's memory lapses; Pixar filmmakers decided to keep that issue with the daughter. But Jenny and Charlie did pass on many of Dory’s trademark characteristics. "

Uh oh. Umm, isn't that a sort of plot hole? I mean, Dory does say that she thinks it runs in the family. I know I know, technically she says she thinks it does, but I mean, all the information we previously got seemed to imply that at least one of her parents had short term memory loss. Or, maybe that's just me. Oh well, I'm just glad that all these images were released today! [biggrin]
Quote 0 0
Arlo
WOW! Just WOW! I love these new characters! They are fantastic! The otters are adorable and so beautifully and cutely animated. They are everything I expected them to look like and more! They are so adorable! I wonder if the otters will have speaking roles or just silent ones. I think they will most likely have silent roles. I also love Becky the Loon, I just love her design, I'm sure she will be very funny! I thought it was interesting how Stanton said that Becky was the new seagull of the film. Does that mean the seagulls from Finding Nemo won't appear in Finding Dory, I hope that's not true, I really loved the seagulls from Finding Nemo and I really want them to appear (maybe just as a small cameo) in Finding Dory. But overall Becky looks fantastic, can't wait to see her character in action in the film. I wonder who her voice actor will be? I'm sure she will have a speaking role in the film. I also love the new close up images of Charlie and Jenny, they look exactly like Dory, but it looks like they also have their own bit on uniqueness in them. I love Charlie's forehead, and I'm sure the voice work on the two will be fantastic. Charlie is being voiced by Eugene Levy (who I know very little about), but I'm sure he will be fantastic in the film, and Jenny is being voiced by Diane Keaton (who is a fantastic actress). But the thing that excited me the most was the first-look image at Idris Elba's character Fluke, who like I predicted is a sea lion! I love Fluke's design, it is just incredible! And I'm sure the voice work on Fluke will be fantastic as he is being voiced by Idris Elba, who by the way killed it in Zootopia! He was fantastic! So I can only imagine how good he will be in Finding Dory! And just the character design itself totally looks like Idris Elba could play that character. The one thing I'm wondering is whether Fluke will have a big role or a minor role. I hope it is a big role! And then there is the other sea-lion Rudder, who is being voiced by Dominic West (who I don't know much about), but I'm sure he will be great! Rudder's design just like Fluke's is fantastic and so nice! Also Peace_Love_Pixar, I don't think that Fluke and Rudder will have evil intentions and be the antagonists, they look like they would be too nice to be evil! Also according to Stanton both Rudder and Fluke are both really lazy, which was one of the reasons why Stanton picked Elba and West to play Fluke and Rudder, because they played lazy and jolly really well. But he did admit he also wanted to have a WIRE reunion (:. Stanton also talked about how they wanted to show Otter's vicious sides (much like they did in Zootopia) but they thought people would have a hard time accepting that, so they just went with cuddly and cute little creatures. Overall I'm happy with all the designs, they all look so great, and like what I have come to expect from Pixar! And I'm also pretty happy with the voice cast! I'm pretty excited to see how all these super cool-looking characters will end up in the final film! 
Quote 0 0
Just Keep Swimming
Thanks for sharing these articles! The otters are so cute I can't even deal!

I'm so glad we get to learn more about Dory's parents in the second article. They seem like a fun, loving couple. I especially like that Charlie has a bad taste in jokes, just like Marlin! I can just picture them sharing terrible puns with each other while everyone else is just groans as the puns continue to get worse.

And to Peace_Love_Pixar about short term memory running in Dory's family, I don't think such a condition is hereditary. Usually it's an effect of a head injury or a traumatic event. Could she have been born (err, hatched) that way? Maybe, possibly in the same way Nemo was injured while he was still an egg. That'd be an interesting callback to the first film!
Quote 1 0
ReptilePatrol
Nice! Loving Idris Elba's character.
Quote 0 0
Zoey_Trope
I had a feeling we'd get some new news today...and it didn't disappoint! 

Nice that we (finally) got some high quality, movie style renders of characters we've only seen in book form before. The otters in particular look adorable as always. I assume none of them will speak, but with faces that cute, they don't need voices.

This article claims that the loons in the film, including Becky, won't talk. I'm curious as to how they'll handle a character like the seagulls without a voice. Maybe they're more physical comedy oriented? 

I was right about Fluke being voiced by Elba! Turns out he and Rudder will be gangster-type characters that, while they may pose a little threat at some point, won't be outright villains. The question is, where's the seal with the bucket, AKA Gerald? Will he even have a voice?
These three seals might turn out to be some of my favorite characters in the film; whenever I see all three of them together, I can't help but think of the hyena trio from Lion King.

And of course, Dory's parents! I'm actually kinda glad that her memory problems don't run in her family, as it makes the situation more unique to her, which is what the main focus of the film is about. And although Dory claims in the first film that it could be hereditary, maybe her parents white-lied to her and said that it runs in the family in order to make her feel less "alone?" Or maybe it really does run in the family, only it skips a generation, so one of her grandparents had it but her parents don't? 

Personally, I can't wait to see the "bicker" between Jenny and Charlie. Even though they are loving parents, I assume that they do disagree on how to raise their daughter. It brings a level of truth to the situation, too. I'm sure parents of children with disabilities/disorders will really relate to this film. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I've believed since day one that Dory was born with her faulty memory, and currently all signs are pointing to that being true. Maybe something happened to her egg before she was born, much like Nemo? Also, when most fish breed, they lay a whole bunch of eggs, right? But Dory is an only child...what happened to the rest of the eggs? Maybe Dory's beginning is more similar to Nemo's beginning than we thought. (Unless Blue Tangs lay only a small amount of eggs...can someone back me up on this?)

I hope we get even more news soon! I'm predicting that the 3rd and final trailer will be attached to the live-action Jungle Book, so we only got about 2 weeks to go until then! 

Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Awesome feedback and thoughts everyone! Just for the sake of having the images here, I wanted to post the full-size images for reference. The otters look so great with their slightly oily looking fur (around their hands specifically). 

Finding-Dory-Sea-Otters_Pixar-Post.jpg 
Finding-Dory-Seals-Rudder-Fluke_Pixar-Post.jpg 
Finding-Dory-Becky-the-Loon_Pixar-Post.jpg 
Finding-Dory-Jenny-and-Charlie_Pixar-Post.jpg 
Finding-Dory-Hank_Pixar-Post.jpg 
Finding-Dory-Destiny_Pixar-Post.jpg 
Finding-Dory-Bailey_Pixar-Post.jpg 
And, as a shameless plug, we did another quick Pixar Minute update this evening. If you haven't subscribed to our YouTube channel or seen any of the Pixar Minute videos, check it out!

Quote 0 0
Sally
I knew it West and Elba were the seals, but im glad it wasnt the one with the bucket (Gerald)

Also, as for Dory, she was born with memory loss, and Nemo was born with the 'lucky fin' maybe something happened to the eggs the same way that happened to Coral in the beginning of the first film? or maybe there was an incident with the MLI that cause them to leave the eggs expect Dory's?
Quote 0 0
iPixar
I absolutely love these all of these! (..Except for one, which I will get to in a minute)

The otters are most definitely going to be a crowd favorite... I expect to see a lot of merchandise with them on it after the movie comes out. (I mean they already look like push toys! haha)

In terms of animation I think that Hank the septapus and Becky the Loon are by far the strongest (with the otters oily fur close behind).

To be able to control all of Hanks arms while he moves is going to take a lot of diligence and a clear understanding of his anatomy and from what I've seen so far they nailed it and He looks amazing! Just look at the shimmer from the water sliding through the bumps on his somewhat slimy/squishy exterior! They totally nailed it! I know we have seen images of him for months but I just can't stop being amazed by the level of detail.
The same goes for Becky! I love the way the light changes the color of the feathers on her neck! Looks wonderful!

Now the one character which I am really trying to love the animation of but am having a hard time is unfortunately Destiny... I understand that whale sharks are kinda awkward looking animals to begin with but there is something about her eyes and mouth that doesn't settle with me well. I think the back half of her body is great...its just something in the face.
I don't know if its because her eyes are so far apart that she always kinda looks like she has one lazy eye or that her mouth is just soon large and always there... I really wish I didn't feel this way about her so please try and sway me in the other direction!
Tell me what you think about her? I love the character...just a little awkward to look at for me...
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - Julie
Hmmm - I guess Destiny doesn't bother me as much because they tried to keep her looking somewhat familiar to a real whale shark with their eyes super far apart like that. I can somewhat hear what you're saying from a "feel" standpoint - there is an odd feel about her like it feels not fully rendered or something, but I'm thinking she'll look great in the film, fully lit and animated.
Quote 0 0
Arlo
A lot of my close personal friends (who are also Pixar fans), are also bothered by the way Destiny's mouth is so huge. Which I get, I'm personally not as bothered about the way she looks, like they are. I don't think the way she will look will retract from the film. But yes Julie, it does feel like something about her is missing, but who knows maybe that's just how she is designed. Who knows? Maybe she will look great in the film. But anyways I've heard a lot of complaints from my friends about the way Destiny looks, it should be interesting to see how she ends up in the movie. 
Quote 0 0
ThePolishGent
Personally, I think Destiny looks wonderful the way she is!! [smile] I get where a lot of people are coming from but when you stop and think about, there's really no getting around of re-imagining her character design since she is a whale shark with a very big body and you want to try to keep the physical characteristics of a lot of these sea creatures as close to their counter part as much as possible but still give it that Pixar look that we all love. I would already imagine a smaller mouth, closer pupil distance of the eyes or even even the making her eyes look bigger than what they are would look weird on a huge body of a fish like Destiny than what many people are already describing. Unless you want her to end up as a miniature whale shark! [tongue] Just something to think about!
Quote 0 0
iPixar
You guys are starting to sway me into really liking Destiny for who she is which is great!
I feel like part of the thing about her mouth is the amount of elasticity in it because it's just so big and so stretchy which isn't part of a whale shark.
Pixar is very good at using this tool of elasticity to their advantage. A perfect example of this is in the newest trailer when Dory is in the touch pool and the hand comes down into the water for the first time and she screams and her face stretches incredibly and then goes right back to her normal shaped self.
I feel with Destiny however because her mouth is just so huge it has to move sooo much in order for her to just speak. I think that might be what I find puzzling when i look at her. But i know I'm going to love her personality and am going to lover her relationship with Dory!
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Arlo wrote:
The otters are adorable and so beautifully and cutely animated. They are everything I expected them to look like and more! They are so adorable! I wonder if the otters will have speaking roles or just silent ones. I think they will most likely have silent roles.

I'm thinking they'll have silent roles too. Besides, they have big eyes, so maybe they'll just stare at Dory or whoever comes along instead of talk (that might turn out to be a running gag in the film; "umm, why are those guys keep staring at me?").

Arlo wrote:
Does that mean the seagulls from Finding Nemo won't appear in Finding Dory, I hope that's not true, I really loved the seagulls from Finding Nemo and I really want them to appear (maybe just as a small cameo) in Finding Dory.

Well, I doubt they'll have the seagulls again. But if they do decide to have a seagull, I'm thinking it will probably just pop up at the corner of the screen at some point in the movie (maybe even carrying the green crab from the first film and then he escapes into the water [smile] Probably not gonna happen, but it's fun to imaging, right?) Then again, maybe they'll have the seagulls again, and then recycle the "Mine!" joke, or maybe Becky and one of the seagulls will try to out-"mine!" each other. Ha ha, I'm kidding again, but you never know!

Arlo wrote:
But overall Becky looks fantastic, can't wait to see her character in action in the film. I wonder who her voice actor will be? I'm sure she will have a speaking role in the film.

Although I do like the animation for Becky, I'm not sure I like the design (then again, I don't think I ever saw a loon, so maybe they went with realism rather than an adorable or good visual design?). I think I'll have to wait to see her in action before I decide that though.

Also, they say that the loons won't talk (maybe not much), so she might not have a speaking role in the movie.

Arlo wrote:
Also Peace_Love_Pixar, I don't think that Fluke and Rudder will have evil intentions and be the antagonists, they look like they would be too nice to be evil!

I don't either; I meant that one would be the "brains" behind the operation or the one in charge, while the other would just agree most of the time or make jokes most of time. [wink]

Just Keep Swimming wrote:

I'm so glad we get to learn more about Dory's parents in the second article. They seem like a fun, loving couple. I especially like that Charlie has a bad taste in jokes, just like Marlin! I can just picture them sharing terrible puns with each other while everyone else is just groans as the puns continue to get worse.

Heh heh, that would be hilarious! XD

Just Keep Swimming wrote:
And to Peace_Love_Pixar about short term memory running in Dory's family, I don't think such a condition is hereditary. Usually it's an effect of a head injury or a traumatic event. Could she have been born (err, hatched) that way? Maybe, possibly in the same way Nemo was injured while he was still an egg. That'd be an interesting callback to the first film!

Oh, ok, I didn't know that. Interesting!

Zoey_Trope wrote:
This article claims that the loons in the film, including Becky, won't talk. I'm curious as to how they'll handle a character like the seagulls without a voice. Maybe they're more physical comedy oriented?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. [wink]

Zoey_Trope wrote:
The question is, where's the seal with the bucket, AKA Gerald? Will he even have a voice?

Don't think so.

Zoey_Trope wrote:
And of course, Dory's parents! I'm actually kinda glad that her memory problems don't run in her family, as it makes the situation more unique to her, which is what the main focus of the film is about. And although Dory claims in the first film that it could be hereditary, maybe her parents white-lied to her and said that it runs in the family in order to make her feel less "alone?" Or maybe it really does run in the family, only it skips a generation, so one of her grandparents had it but her parents don't?

That makes sense too. Turns out that this won't be a plot hole after all. Yay! [smile]

Zoey_Trope wrote:
I hope we get even more news soon! I'm predicting that the 3rd and final trailer will be attached to the live-action Jungle Book, so we only got about 2 weeks to go until then!

That'd be awesome! [biggrin]
Quote 1 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy