iPixar
The Alright guys now that The Good Dinosour is out...(like nothing Pixar has done before, I strongly recommend you see it) I am so excited for the next long awaited Pixar film a sequal to Finding Nemo, Finding Dory!

Since 2003 I have long awaited to delve back into "The Big Blue" with Nemo, Dory, and the tank gang. Due to the fact that its been almost 13 years from the original I have had a lot of time to think about the characters, setting and plot of this next movie (as I'm sure you have too!) What I want to know is what are your predictions for the film based on what we know so far?

What characters do you want to see come back?

Where will Dory go on her adventure?

What sea creatures do you want her to meet along the way?

How did she get separated from her parents in the first place?

The idea here is to just have fun and start thinking about the great potential this movie has to offer!
What is it that you want to see happen in Finding Dory?

I have my own ideas but I want to hear some of yours first!

Just keep swimming!
- Ian

Quote 0 0
Vellerie
Hmm, I would love to see a cast of new characters (and I know from what we've been told that pixar will supply that), but I do really like Crush and it would be cool to see a cameo of him. The interactive Crush show in Epcot is what made my family and me attached to him as a character, since the actors they use are so true to him it's like you see different sides to him. It gives him a degree of realness.

As for which ocean creatures we'd like to see, there's just so much potential! Sea dragons? Manatees? Narwhals?
Quote 1 0
iPixar
Vellerie I completely agree with you! I actually have a prediction on Crush and how they could bring him back into this movie (and I really hope it comes true.)
At this point we know that Dory somehow ends up on the California coast near an aquarium looking for her parents. But as of right now we don't know how she gets there from the Reef off the coast of Australia. My hope is that while Marlin, Nemo Dory travel across the Pacific Ocean they stop in Hawaii (which happens to be directly in the middle of the Pacific) and see their 150 year old friend Crush in his surfing element!
After all Hawaii invented surfing and Crush is about the most iconic stereotypical surfer dude there is in all of animated history.
So I really hope that happens.
Thanks for sharing Vellerie!
Quote 0 0
Zoey_Trope
Ok. So, Finding Dory. I haven't been this excited for a movie since Wreck-It Ralph. And as such, I have a number of predictions.

First off, concerning "flashbacks."

I recently got my hands on the FN Bluray, and in it are a number of features that explain the original "flashback" structure of the film, where the final film's opening was separated into chunks that would play, one by one, at certain points in the movie. It was later realized that this structure made the audience unsympathetic towards Marlin for most of the film, and it was ultimately discarded.

Will Finding Dory have a similar "flashback" scheme? The notion failed to work in the first film, but seeing as how the second film centers on Dory's past, there's bound to be a flashback or two in there somewhere. Will said flashbacks appear as often as they were planned to be in FN, to the point of being a separate plot? Only time will tell.

Secondly, regarding (what I predict to be) one of the film's major themes: self-acceptance.

What got me first thinking about this was this tumblr post describing some news revealed at this year's D23 expo, including Finding Dory. What stuck out to me in particular about the FD section was this one line:

Quote:
"Ultimately, it is a journey for Dory to learn to accept herself and her flaws."

Now this got me really excited for the film, seeing as how I'm a total sucker for self-discovery stories. But it also got me thinking about the other currently revealed characters for the film, and how they relate to Dory in certain ways.

First, Dory herself. She's usually a very bright and happy character, right? But, as we saw towards of the end of the first film in the "Goodbye Dory" scene, she does lament her short-term memory from time to time. So even though she's happy with helping others, she's not very comfortable with herself and her flaws. From what we've heard, Finding Dory will address this.

And since FD will address this matter, it helps that some of the other characters revealed have self-doubt problems, too. We have Destiny, a whale shark who only identifies as a whale and not a shark (Because she thinks sharks are scary). There's Bailey, a beluga whale who believes he has a head injury, but doesn't realize that his head lump is actually a part of his biology. And lastly there's Hank, an octopus who (apparently, from what we know) only has seven legs instead of eight.   

The fact that these three new characters are all "weirdos," in a way, further puts forth the connection between them and Dory. I predict that these characters, and their subsequent flaws, will all have a role to play in Dory's character arc in the film, and will help her to learn to accept herself as she is.
Quote 1 0
iPixar
I would have to agree that the movie is most definitely about Dory finding herself, maybe even more important then finding her own family.

Especially because of the possible big life choice Dory has to make towards the end of the film... To stay with her new family of friends Marlin and Nemo or stay with her actually family?...

I'm also wondering how all of this might connect to script rewrite once the directors saw the documentary "blackfish"?...
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/09/entertainment/la-et-mn-blackfish-seaworld-finding-dory-pixar-20130808
Quote 0 0
Arlo
I would agree with iPixar that I think the film will probably be about Dory finding herself, and who she personally is, kind of like Arlo's adventure in The Good Dinosaur. I feel as if Dory trying to find her family is a journey to something bigger, and that is finding herself! As for flashbacks, that Zoey_Trope was talking about, there may be flashbacks but many may be very upset with that considering it "unoriginal", even though Pixar developed the flashback type thing that never made it into Finding Nemo all the way in 2003, I'm sure most of the audience will be quite unaware of that, and will compare the film's flashback sequences to that of DreamWorks's Kung Fu Panda 2, especially if the flash back sequences in Finding Dory are half CG and half hand drawn, I'm sure lots of people will be making a comparison between the two films. As for characters I would like to see return, I would love to see of course Crush and Squirt, Bruce, and some of the tank gang like Gill, I don't think Jaq will have any lines in the film, due to his voice actor Joe Ranft's death in 2005, but him just making an appearence would keep me happy and satisfied. 
Quote 2 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Excellent predictions and thoughts Zoey_Trope - I like the thoughts on the flashback and self-discovery - it makes perfect sense. I also love the fact that (so far) the characters we've heard of are weirdos as well - that always makes for more intriguing character to me. 

Also, Arlo, we're supposed to see Gill again - he said back in 2013 that he had signed back on to Finding Dory. Hopefully the changes along the way haven't seen his part hit the cutting room floor.
Quote 0 0
Arlo
I know Gill will appear in Finding Dory, I just want him to have a big enough role as he did in the first one, which I doubt. Since the studio wants to focus on Dory, Marlin, Nemo and all the new characters, whom I'm all totally excited for.
Quote 0 0
iPixar
Does anyone have any predictions on how the documentary "blackfish" might influence the directors early on?
Article on the early influence of the documentary.
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/09/entertainment/la-et-mn-blackfish-seaworld-finding-dory-pixar-20130808
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Perhaps they had a scene, that after watching Blackfish felt was unright and they decided to change it. Hopefully after the film gets released, director Andrew Stanton could talk about how Blackfish infulenced some parts in Finding Dory. Could be a cool blu-ray bonus feature, if you ask me, but I know I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself!!! I'M JUST SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I wouldn't count on an extra for that one - they're going to avoid any connection to the documentary (since it had a heavy undertone) in my opinion. I think they changed the film (or at least changed the rules of "the institute" and have put that aside now).
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Yeah, now that I think about it you are probably right, TJ. 
Quote 0 0
iPixar
I would have to agree that I don't think after watching the movie they had a huge revelation that changed a bunch can of things. I'm quite sure that they wouldn't talk about it in Blue-Ray either.

I just love how Pixar will make films and be willing to make changes based on the real struggle of captivity verses rescue, rehabilitate and release. That phrase (rescue, rehabilitate release) was found on the FD cereal box which was posted by T.J. in the FD merchandise forum BUT it is also the mission statement for the Clearwater Marine Aquarium home of the world famous tailless dolphin Winter, which the movie Dolphin Tale and its sequel by he same name are based off of. Is there any connection to FD? I'm going to give it a positive NO but interesting connection nonetheless.
http://www.seewinter.com
Quote 1 0
Arlo
No. I haven't even seen Dolphin Tale or it's sequel, for that matter. But it is definitely a no.
Quote 0 0
iPixar
Yeah I haven't seen it either...But part of me wonders if that phrase "rescue rehab and release" was added into the story because Pixar wanted to make it clear (after watching the blackfish) that their aquarium was more a rescue center then a zoo/theme park like sea world.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy