Sullivan

Pixar President Jim Morris confirmed that the final script of Finding Dory was influenced by theBlackfish documentary which bashed SeaWorld and their treatment of animals.

The film will take place in different places, one of them is the ‘Marine Biology Institute of California’ The park is described as “a huge rehabilitation complex for marine and aquarium life.” Apparently, Dory was born there, but was released back into the ocean at a young age. 

Jim Morrison said this at the Comic Con Experience at Brazil

http://pixarpedia.tumblr.com/post/109771312298/finding-dory-script-influenced-by-blackfish

Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
I remember reading this news a while back, so I already knew this. But there is my thoughts on the news.

I think this means that there was a version of the ending where Bailey the whale ended up in a SeaWorld-like theme park, but then they changed it after seeing 'Blackfish'. Just my guess anyway. [Winking_zps1d9118ce]
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
Yeah, heard about this months ago, it's kind of improves the script I think.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
That's great, thanks for the post Sullivan! What's funny is that I saw that popping up all the sudden again online today! Our post highlighting the event is here as well for reference

Excellent find nonetheless and thank for the posting!!
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
I think this is great news if this is to make the movie better. [smile]
Quote 0 0
maxxie03
Great that they changed the script because of Blackfish but to be honest I would've liked to see Dory end up in a SeaWorld like location. 
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
I think they will still go to a SeaWorld-like theme park, just don't stay there.
Quote 0 0
mac95
Quote:
Great that they changed the script because of Blackfish but to be honest I would've liked to see Dory end up in a SeaWorld like location. 

Really? I am truly interested why you feel that way. I always thought that keeping sea creatures in captivity was... bad. Picture this: the ending of Finding Dory, all the characters are back together, and Dory is happily swimming around in... a tank? I think we can all agree that one of the main themes in the first movie was that fish in captivity is very bad. So why would they go and totally flip that around and show fish happy in captivity? I feel like if this ending was going to happen it would have been like if Andy put his toys up in the attic and they stayed there and that was the end of the movie. I can picture the audience going "Wait... Wah? Why... But that's... Ugh."
Quote 1 0
maxxie03
Let's start off by saying that I'm not a supporter of SeaWorld or anything similar to that. I really don't like Zoo's and I hate circuses. But for some strange reason I feel like a SeaWorld location would be interesting to see in this film. I don't know why I feel this way because I'm not a supporter of SeaWorld but I guess I'm just interested to see how Dory would act in a situation like that. I think it would be interesting to see how Dory discovers that her family has lived in captivity for many years and how wrong it is that animals are kept in captivity. I also think it would be interesting to see her escape from the aquarium (a la Toy Story 3). 

Obviously I think Dory (and her family and friends) should be free at the end of the movie.
Quote 0 0
mac95
Oh, okay... I just got a little confused because it sounded like you meant PERMANENTLY. And, lucky for us, Dory DOES ends up in the "Marine Biology Institute of California"! Or the "MBIC".

As for the institute being in California, what do you guys think? Is there a cooler, more interesting aquatic place that the institute could be at? Personally, I like it because it will be easy reference for the Pixarians working on the film. XD
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Great conversation everyone - I love the banter and kindness while clarifying the comments about animals in captivity...which can be a touchy subject depending on personal opinion. (Side note - I love Zoo's for a multitude of reasons...but to sum it up..."education creates compassion" and if people can experience and learn about rare animals, our human emotions endear us to them and want to support them in the wild and in Zoo's. I kind of consider them a great place for injured or rescued animals to live as well. Anyway - that's just a side note - ha!) 

I love how Aidan has already created the abbreviation of the MBIC! Ha! I do also agree that a portion of the movie in captivity will make for an interesting twist in the movie for sure.

Also, I was just thinking about this...it's really interesting how so many of Pixar's movies started with smaller themes which were closer to home (Toy Story in Andy's house, Cars in a small town, etc.), then Pixar's themes got bit and broad (Brave in Scotland, Cars 2 traveling the world, etc.). Now the films are seeming like they're getting closer to home again...Cars 3 is in California, Finding Dory is California, Inside Out is inside the mind...but a move to California was a catalyst for the film. 

I think it's an effect of when you start out, you write about things close to home because it's what you know. As you expand your horizons and start to travel the world for press junkets, you write about those travels, big cities and the distractions of life. Fans crave the small town stories with the heart associated with them, so as public perception shifted a bit, Pixar started to look inward again and is writing what they know again. It's kind of like how in Finding Nemo when Stanton talked about the idea of an overbearing Father came to him as he realized he was sheltering his own Son too much. Small and personal themes put into a grand setting often wins at the box office.

Wow, that's getting deep...but I'll try and tie it back in by saying that I love the idea that it's back in California to (in my opinion) help the stories emotional elements.
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
Yeah, I like the idea of Pixar films taking place in California too.

I also believe that The Good Dinosaur will take place in an area in California (you wouldn't notice though) that the dinos call "Emeryville", and also the farming place is called "Dinoco" (because you know how Pixar is...).
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy