CanadianPixarFan
Here it is!!! The first official Teaser for Cars 3.
Thoughts??
Quote 6 0
Gray Catbird
Unapologetic Cars fan screaming inside me: BRING IT ON!!! 

Real me: More realistic, closer in style to the first Cars... What I'm seeing looks very good. I also like the choice to go for a more serious tone in this teaser trailer, helps bring an older fan like me onboard. For a first look, this looks promising... Fingers crossed.
Quote 3 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Holy cow! What a great teaser - they leave you hanging and give us our first look at Jackson Storm (at least who I would believe has to be Jackson)!

Keep posting comments and thoughts on the teaser here and we'll be sure to talk through some of them tonight in our Live YouTube event! Please, also join us and chat live with us tonight (November 21) at 10:00 PM ET / 7:00 PM PT!

Quote 3 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Cars-3-Lightning-McQueen-Jackson-Storm-Pixar-Post.jpeg 
We also wrote up a post and included a high-res image of the teaser - check it out here.
Quote 3 0
CanadianPixarFan
One interesting observation I made is that the race track looks very rustic and run down with a Barbed wire fence and a dirty tarmac. This is very different from the previous racing venues in the franchise, which usually had bright lights, excited commentators and a noticeably bigger audience. This could suggest that even before the crash, lightning has already had his best days behind him and is now stuck in less-awesome venues. But it could also mean that the entire sport of Car Racing has had it's best days behind them and Fans are losing interest in racing.
Quote 1 0
Sally
I feel like this is going to be more like a drama than a comedy. But in my opinion it looks like this will be very interesting to see what happens. And the ending gave me a reminder of the King in the first film when he crashed.

Edit: I just read the Youtube description saying that Lighting will have inspiration from Doc Hudson. Will we see him again? Or just a cameo?
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
I've shared my distaste on the idea of Cars 3 since the announcement. I'm a huge Pixar fan, but that doesn't mean I will force myself to agree with something I simply don't. 

That being said, this was a GREAT teaser. I really like the first Cars and from the teaser alone I can see that this carries the same tone with a dramatic highlight. I'm looking forward to it.
Quote 0 0
ThePolishGent
For a franchise that is intend to be silly and fun, this was a pretty dark trailer. They even went as far as giving it a somewhat dreary look in terms of the lighting and it really fits well with the situation that's going on during the race. [eek] Also, with the amazing camera angles and how we see so many pieces flying off of Lightning as he flips over kinda gets the heart racing. (no pun intended) I know for sure that Cars 3 is no way going to top a film like Inside Out as being spectacular and whatnot but I know it has to be at least good with a stronger message than the second sequel.
Quote 3 0
Dylan
Wow.. that teaser really got my attention! It looks like the franchise matured together with Lightning, of course we can't see much, but the darker feeling and dramatic shots feel more adult. Where the teaser from the other movie (Cars 1 and 2) where more supposed to be funny, this one is the whole opposite. 

I like it very much, and Cars 3 now has more of my attention!

It is fun to see the Cars from the first movie back in the race, like the:

Lil' Torquey Pistons No117
- Rev-N-Go No73
- Shiny Wax No82
- No Stal No123
- Sputterstop No92

Quote 2 0
ThePolishGent
Sally wrote:
And the ending gave me a reminder of the King in the first film when he crashed. Edit: I just read the Youtube description saying that Lighting will have inspiration from Doc Hudson. Will we see him again? Or just a cameo?

Since you mention cameo, that got me to thinking that if it's possible that The King will make a appearance in the third movie. Since he retired, he could be the one that gives Lightning McQueen advice on letting go of something that he has no control of. (with him of not being as great of a "race car" as he use to be)
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
I know this is trying (really hard) to be serious but I laughed at that more than I laughed at the entirely of Cars 2. 

I'm a firm believer in the idea that you can take anything seriously if handled correctly, but the fire started coming in from the side in slow motion and I lost it.
Quote 1 0
Gray Catbird
Some observations:
As can be seen on the track's barrier (e.g. 0:21), the race is taking place on none other than the Los Angeles International Speedway... The very place where McQueen achieved fame, and the very place where The King suffered a very similar crash...

Looking at the composition of the racing pack, one can see there are quite a few familiar racers from Cars, most obviously in the behind shot of the alleged Storm at 0:19, were Sputter Stop, Shiny Wax, and No Stall are all visible... It's worth nothing that the No Stall racer has a different paint job. At 0:08, Rev-N-Go can be seen, but with a completely different paint job and body type, although the racing number is still the same. (Edit: oops, Dylan said it before)

It's really nice to see how the improvements in technology are used to up the visuals. The track lighting is quite incredible. I also notice how the paint job of McQueen seems to be rendered with much more care than ever before; for instance how there are differences in the reflectivity of the red vs gold parts of it. And all the flying pieces and sparks are pretty realistic too.

Also, #20 aka probable Jackson Storm is apparently an electric car, judging by his engine sound.

EDIT: Overanalyzing some more: The editing suggests that the shot where McQueen goes offscreen (0:23) and the one where he tumbles overhead (0:29) are consecutive, however there are a few inconsistencies between them... In the first shot, McQueen is in the curve, and there are a few cars ahead of him. In the second shot, he is in the straight, and there are no other racers to be seen... Makes me wonder if this is a mistake, if the scene is shortened, if the shots are still work in progress, or if one of the shots is made for the teaser only...

Some thoughts on the teaser's tone:
While this isn't the first time Pixar has done a non-comedic teaser (Brave had a dramatic teaser as well) this teaser is clearly the darkest they've ever made. From the heart beating in the background, the heavy breathing, the very grim lighting... Really, it could be a teaser for a more adult-oriented movie that it wouldn't be any different. I think it is an intelligent move, considering Cars 3 has to face a lot of skepticism (including from [part of] myself), to say straight off the bat that the movie will not be all rainbows and funny things. (except for some lucky people...)
There's a very good chance though, that the movie itself will be brighter than this. Brave ended up having its own share of very lighthearted humour (the contrast between the teaser and 1st trailer was quite jarring), and the first Cars had a big crash scene itself, but by no means would be called a dark movie overall.

Quote 2 0
SethHappyNemoGuy
Hope you guys like my new Trailer Reaction/Review for the Intensely tone shifting Cars 3 Teaser Trailer! Hope you guys like it and think that i did great! :-) 
Quote 3 0
CanadianPixarFan

Luis504170 wrote:
I've shared my distaste on the idea of Cars 3 since the announcement. I'm a huge Pixar fan, but that doesn't mean I will force myself to agree with something I simply don't. 

That being said, this was a GREAT teaser. I really like the first Cars and from the teaser alone I can see that this carries the same tone with a dramatic highlight. I'm looking forward to it.

I totally understand where you're coming from. You are 100% entitled to your opinion and I'm thankful you're respectfully sharing it with us on this forum.

I'll admit it's a risky move that Pixar is taking. I know that alot of people on this forum (myself included) like to come to the defence of Cars 2. But whatever my personal opinion of the film is, the rejection it faced (both critically and at the box office) is undeniable. Therefore making Cars 3 is definitely a HUGE risk for Pixar. My guess is that John Lassetter wants to redeem the franchise, and I say let's give him a shot.

I would also argue that this is not even close to the riskiest project Pixar has undertaken. In Toy Story, Pixar put a lot of money (and they didn't have much money at this point) on a project that depended on technology that was still extremely early in development and unreliable. They didn't even know if the technology worked or not; in other words, they had no way to be certain that what they wanted to do was even possible.

Toy Story 2 took another huge risk by being a theatrical release. Before TS2 animated sequels were always direct to home video. An animated sequel being given a theatrical release just wasn't something anyone had ever done and would ever think of doing. It was just assumed that audiences would never pay to see an animated sequel in the Theatres. Somehow Pixar convinced Disney to let them do it. 

Of course, both Toy Story films were smash hits and brought in truckloads of money paving the way for Pixar to be crowned the King of Animation. So while Cars 3 is a very risky undertaking, Pixar knows how to sail in risky waters and I'm more than willing to give this film a chance.

Quote 1 0
PixarsBiggestFan
It started off a little boring, but the end was intense - the most shocking and intense ending of a teaser I've ever seen from Pixar (or any studio).
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy