Luis504170
Variety - Positive Review 

Hollywood Reporter - Extremely Positive Review 

Screen Daily
 - Negative Review

The Wrap - Very Positive Review

So Hollywood Reporter and The Wrap say Coco is another Pixar masterpiece. Variety says it's great with some flaws. And Screen Daily says that it's a good effort, but falls short due to "poor plotting" 

Quote 1 0
Luis504170
Some reviews/Reactions from twitter

Alberto Molina says it's a great film, done fantastically well, but kinda predictable 

@Heyitsmarnav says it's beautiful 

@RichRuiz_ Says it's unmissable

@Dra_Dientes says it made her cry 

Actually a lot of people say they cried... Like a lot. 

I've read more reactions and they all say it's one of Pixar's best. 
Quote 1 0
ReptilePatrol
The debut Metascore of 82 is promising, albeit just a tad lower than Inside Out’s (which I think was around 87-88, before it settled on 94?)

However, two important initial things to keep in mind, I think:

- Disney is confident with Coco, which matters more than the rather arbitrary scores it’ll get on Rotten Tomatoes/Metacritic
- The Metascore is being dragged down by one negative review, so I’m predicting that it will go up, maybe fall within close range of TS2/Up’s 88, and possibly top 90

And last imo Screen Daily tends to be more harsh, with The Wrap often pretty generous. THR and Variety are usually pretty close to the eventual critic consensus, so if they like it then it’s very promising.

So the main takeaway, I think, is that we’ll finally have a good, top tier Pixar original film for the first time since 2015, which makes me extremely excited.
Quote 2 0
Luis504170
Rotten Tomatoes hasn't displayed the Tomatometer yet, but it is at a 75% as of now. 
Quote 2 0
ReptilePatrol
I don’t think we need to worry about the Tomatometer until it’s about a week or two prior to the movie’s release — and RT doesn’t even calculate it until there’s a sufficient number of reviews, due to the volatile nature of working with a small number of reviews. So although 3/4 positive translates to 75% for now, the official Tomatometer will come when more reviews are out. It’s also worth noting that the three positive reviews are from RT Top Critics, and the one negative review isn’t — which means the official Tomatometer will almost certainly be higher than 75%. Given the 82 initial Metascore, I’m predicting the final Tomatometer will be above 90%, and likely above 95%.

The way I see it, Metascore is a good initial indicator of quality (since it doesn’t fluctuate as much as the other two), RT is important during a theatrical run simply because it’s popular with audiences, and IMDb is more accurate over the long term rather than the short term.

Anyhow, all this analysis is extrapolated from a mere four reviews — we’ll need to get a few more for a more nuanced determination of where exactly Coco lands, and how it stacks up against the rest of Pixar’s oeuvre. But the initial response is extremely promising, in my opinion.
Quote 2 0
Luis504170
Yeah I'm very happy with the debut Metascore. I love Rotten Tomatoes because it is the most simple and accurate out of all of them (assuming you know how it works) Metacritic is also great to determine quality as it doesn't just tell you if critics liked it, but how much they liked it. I love IMDB for technical aspects but for reviews it's just terrible. In the long term it will adjust itself, but heck if the reviewers in there aren't annoying. 
Quote 0 0
PixarFan18
Hi! I had the chance to watch Coco yesterday at the Morelia International Film Festival, and I consider it to be one of my favorite Pixar Films, and I’m actually planning on watching it again as soon as possible. The plot is perfectly crafted, in a way that everything is connected, and makes sense. The Plot Twist is also really good, in all honesty I didn’t saw it coming, as I was actually expecting the story to go in a different way. I actually considered that the trailers really worked hard on throwing us into the wrong directions about so many things and characters. The movie being named Coco, feels natural, as she plays an important role overall, but not the way you might be expecting. The songs are also beautiful, they feel very Mexican, and the way they are incorporated in the movie is brilliant and charming. There are also tons of nods and winks to Mexican figures and culture. The third act is simple perfection, it connects everything so perfectly, and it’s really emotional, there were a few scenes that almost made me cry, and a movie rarely manages to achieve that. The villain in the movie, I believe that is very grounded, and is the perfect for Miguel, as they represent the contrary to what he believes in. Finally, every character has a great arc, my favorite character is between Dante and Mamma Imelda, however Abuelita, Mama Coco, Ernesto de la Cruz, Miguel, Pepita and Héctor are amazing characters as well, every character fits naturally in the story, there’s a surprise character that doesn’t play a really big role, but was a brilliant addition and made me laugh a lot. The only character that I wasn’t sold off that much on is Chicharrón.
Quote 2 0
Luis504170

Thank you for taking the time to register and talk about your love for Coco PixarFan18! I'm so happy you got to see it. As a Mexican-American myself, this movie is of high interest and importance to me. I live in south Texas, so I'm hoping to cross to Mexico next week to watch it! Thanks for the in depth review! Sadly, I got spoiled in the Youtube comments to "the big twist". Spoilers upset me very much, but I'm curious to see how this plays into the movie. Overall, the reviews from both audiences and critics (in exception of that one) are all signs that this is Pixar at its best!

Quote 0 0
PixarFan18
Luis504170 wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to register and talk about your love for Coco PixarFan18! I'm so happy you got to see it. As a Mexican-American myself, this movie is of high interest and importance to me. I live in south Texas, so I'm hoping to cross to Mexico next week to watch it! Thanks for the in depth review! Sadly, I got spoiled in the Youtube comments to "the big twist". Spoilers upset me very much, but I'm curious to see how this plays into the movie. Overall, the reviews from both audiences and critics (in exception of that one) are all signs that this is Pixar at its best!

So sorry to hear that, but nevertheless the execution of that scene is brilliant, I knew myself some spoilers as I saw the Art of Coco Book, yet it went in a different direction than I interpreted. There are still some twists and brilliantly executed scenes in the third act to wait for! BTW, I also believe that it is Pixar at its best! As a Mexican, I feel this movie represent our culture perfectly, and the last scene is one of the most beautiful and touching moments (I was literally about to cry for the first time in a cinema).
Quote 3 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
This is great, PixarFan18, thank you so much for joining and sharing your thoughts on the film. We really appreciate you giving your thoughts without spoiling anything for others! That's great to hear that you enjoyed it so much — you're not alone in saying that this feels "classic Pixar". 

That's interesting to hear you say that about Chicharrón — I think it's because he's really more of a tool to move the story forward than a larger character for the film. 

Also, Luis, that's such a bummer that the plot twist was ruined for you. That stinks. At least (if you can make it to Mexico) you can see it in less than a week!
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
More reviews have come out. The score in Rotten Tomatoes has increased to an 88%, with only 8 positive reviews, and one negative. Average rating so far is at a 7.8/10 for Pixar's 19th feature. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/coco_2017/
Quote 2 0
Brazillian Guy
I bet the movie will get a score of 90% at least in Rotten Tomatoes and, being pessimistic, the Metascore of 80.
Unfortunately, I'll only be able to see the movie in January 4, 2018.
Quote 0 0
Brazillian Guy

There are 10 reviews in Rotten Tomatoes, with the score of 90% (9 positive reviews and one negative) and average rating of 7.4/10.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/coco_2017/

In Internet Movie Database, the rating of the film is 9,3/10, after 1.501 votes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2380307/

Quote 1 0
Gato Brujo
Movie is currently only available in Mexico, where did all these media got their reviews from?
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Gato Brujo wrote:
Movie is currently only available in Mexico, where did all these media got their reviews from?

Probably press screenings. If not, some representatives from those American websites traveled to the premiere in Morelia to give first reviews. 
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy