PIX-R.113 Show full post »
PIX-R.113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

I want everyone to remember that the third Ice Age was released around the same time as Up, and grossed more than it. "Make amazing movie, be upstaged by crappy third in franchise" is becoming a Docter tradition.

Yeah, I didn't really like Minions that much either. Most of the jokes got spoiled in the trailer and most of the plot seemed like filler. I personally like Despicable Me 1 & 2 better then this spin-off/prequel, I hope that Despicable Me 3 is  better. But hey, It was better then The Lorax. [I have bad memories just thinking of that awful movie. [Angry_zps01df8e28]]
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
PIX-R.113 wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

I want everyone to remember that the third Ice Age was released around the same time as Up, and grossed more than it. "Make amazing movie, be upstaged by crappy third in franchise" is becoming a Docter tradition.

Yeah, I didn't really like Minions that much either. Most of the jokes got spoiled in the trailer and most of the plot seemed like filler. I personally like Despicable Me 1 & 2 better then this spin-off/prequel, I hope that Despicable Me 3 is  better. But hey, It was better then The Lorax. [I have bad memories just thinking of that awful movie. [Angry_zps01df8e28]]

It's because the Minions worked so perfectly in the first 2 films. They were cute little side characters that we got back to every 15 minutes and they had their own hilarious adventures. But an hour and a half of that? I found it extremely tiring and at one point the "funny" jokes was just me missing the English language. When you put it in perspective, Minions work as side characters, not as main ones. And most of the film felt kid-oriented. 
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
^^^ That should have been another red flag to people; movies that focus on what was formerly comic relief rarely turn out even decent. 

mac95 wrote:

I don't think the average moviegoer checks Rotten Tomatoes to see if a sequel is good or not. They see the trailer, and they think it looks good. So they go and see it. Often times these sequels aren't AWFUL movies-- so they will slap a ton of good reviews for the film in the advertisements and stuff. Ant-man has an 80% on Rotten Tomatoes. A high score, but in the commercials they say, "The critics are raving about Ant-man!" and it shows the logos of Time, Forbes, and so on.

Yeah, that pretty much counts as just instantly going. People should be more cautious. There's nothing wrong with checking some review sites, or reading a plot description, or asking people who have already seen it, and there's nothing wrong with "Eh...this looks kind of not worth it, I'll just wait to rent it". I mean, I could get it if once the movie left the theater they just were gone unless they were rereleased, like back in the sixties, but nowadays all that happens is you need to wait a few months. 

And people should really have wised up to advertisements by now. If someone's old enough to buy tickets to a movie, they're old enough to realize ads put a product in the most positive light by any means possible and are a terrible way to judge the actual general opinion on the film.

PIX-R.113 wrote:

But hey, It was better then The Lorax. [I have bad memories just thinking of that awful movie. [Angry_zps01df8e28]]

I feel oddly compelled to mention that that company has the rights and plans for more animated Seuss adaptions. 

Quote 0 0
Luis504170
PIX-R.113 wrote:

. But hey, It was better then The Lorax. [I have bad memories just thinking of that awful movie. [Angry_zps01df8e28]]

Oh yeah, that movie was just forcing the message down kids' throats. If you're movie is good enough and executed good enough, kids will get the message. 
Quote 0 0
BeanoMaster
Minions was alright, but it wasn't as funny or as good as the first 2 Despicable Me movies.
Quote 0 0
miafka
For domestic box office (US/Canada), Inside Out is just about to overtake Nemo:
As of Aug 11th 2015:
Inside Out: $336,491,884
Finding Nemo: $339,714,978

Quote 1 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Well, first of all, I just want to say that for sure Inside Out didn't get as much money as it could have. Jurassic World took a huge bite out of its profits and so did Minions. Which is kind of unfair, because that movie (Inside Out) was just so original and awesome.

As for what I think about other films that might have taken money from Pixar's feature? Well, I gotta say Minions was pretty disappointing, but Jurassic World was great! So was Ant-Man; boy, that film sure is one of my favorite movies so far. [smile]

And I actually enjoyed The Lorax...
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Peace_Love_Pixar wrote:
Well, first of all, I just want to say that for sure Inside Out didn't get as much money as it could have. Jurassic World took a huge bite out of its profits and so did Minions. Which is kind of unfair, because that movie (Inside Out) was just so original and awesome. As for what I think about other films that might have taken money from Pixar's feature? Well, I gotta say Minions was pretty disappointing, but Jurassic World was great! So was Ant-Man; boy, that film sure is one of my favorite movies so far. [smile] And I actually enjoyed The Lorax...

Ant-Man was totally great! Loved that film! So clever and unique and it was nice to see the superhero scope be smaller for once. Jurassic World was a great time at the movies, the story has flaws and some of the character development is vague. But no one is there to see character development and a well-rounded plot, we were there to see Dinosaurs tear things up and it totally delivered. But my favorite film of the year so far is still Inside Out..
Quote 0 0
goldenstate5
Peace_Love_Pixar wrote:
Well, first of all, I just want to say that for sure Inside Out didn't get as much money as it could have. Jurassic World took a huge bite out of its profits and so did Minions. Which is kind of unfair, because that movie (Inside Out) was just so original and awesome.

As for what I think about other films that might have taken money from Pixar's feature? Well, I gotta say Minions was pretty disappointing, but Jurassic World was great! So was Ant-Man; boy, that film sure is one of my favorite movies so far. [smile]

And I actually enjoyed The Lorax...

Worldwide maybe, but domestically it's about to be the 2nd highest grossing Pixar film of all time. That is absolutely mindblowing. Not to mention the three opening weekend records it smashed. Worldwide it'll end up making about $850 million, nothing to sneeze at. By all indications about just how much press Riley's First Date and the release got yesterday, this is a HUGE hit for Disney and stood up very strong against Minions and did the impossible by beating it domestically. I'm sure they are very pleased.
Quote 0 0
miafka
UPDATE:

I usually don't care about box office as much as I do the quality of a film, but this is kind of a milestone, so I thought I'd post this.

As of yesterday (18 August 2015), Inside Out became the highest-grossing original (non-sequel) Pixar animated movie ever, not counting inflation (and #2 for ANY Pixar movie including sequels -- Toy Story 3 is still #1). This happened when it passed Finding Nemo yesterday.

Finding Nemo: $339,714,978
Inside Out: $340,132,364 (as of 18 August 2015)

And while near the end of its run, Inside Out is still in theatres, adding to the total. My guess is that the final total will probably get to just shy of $350 million ($347-$348 perhaps?)

That's an amazing feat when you consider it was released just a week after "Jurassic World", and for much of its run, was at #2 behind the JW juggernaut. But the movie had legs, and even with JW out there, it still managed to become the top non-sequel box office film from Pixar.

This is just for US/Canada, and doesn't include the international box office, which has been quite good -- and still has many countries to go yet (some areas like Germany, Scandanavia and China won't see the film until September / October).
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Just a quick update (as of August 30) - Box Office Mojo's numbers note that Pixar has crossed the $700 Million mark overall.

North American = $344,519,079
International = $358,000,000
Total = $702,519,079

I think there are only a few regions left for the film to premiere in. 
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
Huh, $345,519,079 in North America? That's better than Minions actually [biggrin] - Minions has $325,052,310 domestically so far according to Box Office Mojo.

Inside Out has yet to open in Greece, Italy, Jordan, Austria, Germany, and China, according to IMDb. Hopefully it does well in China, that's a pretty sizable market.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy