Pixarer Show full post »
andreas the pixar maniac
and your right we all have different options and im sorry that i dident respect yours[frown]
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
Yes, telling people not to see it might be going too far. But warning people about what's in it is alright, like you did in this thread. That way people can judge for themselves whether or not they want to go see something with that content, and let their kids see it. As for me personally, I watched the clip and see your point, but I didn't think it was that bad myself. I still intend to see the movie when I can.
Quote 1 0
andreas the pixar maniac
i think its ok to have an option and i think its ok if you hate this scene pixarer and to be completely 100 percent honest... i actually kinda agree with you this scene is awful and yes i also think its kinda disturbing that a scene like this is in a pixar movie if something like this happened in a blue sky movie or a Illumination Entertainment movie or a bad dreamworks movie it wouldent have been that bad becuse thats kinda what you expect from someone like them you expect them to do really bad and stupid things like that becuse those movies are mostly aimed only at children but pixar is way way way above that so when they do something like this its way more painful becuse you know thire so much better than this but even though i hate this scene too i too think that telling people not to go see it is going to far i mean its ok if you dont like this movie and its also ok if you never ever want to see it agian and just like vellerie said its also ok to warn otter people but trying to make otter people  boycott a movie they havent even seen yet i think thats going a little bit too far i still respect your option but agian just like vellerie said i think people should judge for themselves and thats pretty much all i had to say see ya latter[smile]
Quote 1 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
andreas the pixar maniac wrote:
and your right peace i havent seen this movie yet so i guees i cant really defend it before i see it and i would also like to say sorry i thought that you were saying that the whole movie was awful becuse of this scene and the fact that the movie is a bit darker than most pixar movies and thats pretty much all i have to say but i would like to say once agian that im truly sorry and i hope you can forgive me someday[frown]


No, I'm not saying that! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I was simply saying that I really didn't like this scene. This is very strange and dark for Pixar, and if someone asked me for my opinion I would tell them that this movie might be something you don't want to see and I wouldn't at all recommend them it. But I wasn't saying all the film was bad- in fact the scene with Arlo and Spot both howling at the moon is something I would love watching and totally Pixar level.

It's ok Andreas, I forgive you, I was just hoping you would see my point. Sorry if I offended you, I hope you forgive me as well. Thanks for understanding! [smile]
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Arlo wrote:
Peace_Love_Pixar I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just saying that I don't think it is such a big deal, I'm expressing my opinion. It will not affect any Pixar movies though, I'm sure of that. 


Ok all right, I see that, but you don't need to imply such a negative tone and tell the people that don't at all like this that they're making a huge deal. If people find this funny or ok I'll disagree respectively, but I'm not gonna call them idiots or stupid or anything.

And I'm hoping that it doesn't influence they're future productions, but you never know right? That's what I'm trying to say.

And sort of extra in here, but I just want to say- if I have said to not at all watch this movie because of this clip, please let me know, because I feel like I was saying that you shouldn't watch it because of the clip AND the messages and cruelty and things like that. And I don't think I was telling anyone not to watch it- just telling the you guys that I don't plan to and it seems like a bad idea. But it's others decisions, and I'm not gonna deny them of it.
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Ok, that makes sense. 
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Pixarer wrote:
We need to let Pixar know that they cannot continue putting nonsense like this in their movies. Hence why I made this post in the first place.

Precisely!

Pixarer wrote:
According to my uncle who worked for Fox, although a lot of film people may not acknowledge it, they sweep the online boards looking for fans' feedback and opinions. After all, Pixar acknowledged the internet's complain about the 4th grade line plot hole in Monsters University. We need to make posts, send them messages and try to encourage people to not see the movie for encouragement that they should not put scenes like this in their movies and that they overall cannot be generic (which is what a lot of reviews have been complaining about, this scene being recycled from Dumbo among other movies that use this type of scene)


That makes much sense, and I agree with you. [smile] However, I will tell people that I do not plan on watching the film for reasons I've stated a number of times before, and let them know that depending on what kind of films they like if they want to watch this movie (Or at least wait until it comes to DVD/Blu-Ray available for rent). But it's their decision, so at the end of the day it's all up to them.

But that doesn't mean I've changed my mind about the clip! I still do not like this scene AT ALL. Haven't seen the clip since Wednesday (December 2), but I don't plan on seeing it again because it pretty much occupied a lot of my mind all the remainder of the day and I am not (And won't ever be) ready to see that again. There's no point to it! It's out of place, doesn't move the movie along, and is just plain out freaky. I hate that footage!
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Arlo wrote:
Ok, that makes sense. 


All right. [wink]
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
  i forgave you as soon as i saw your reply to my last post and i would also like to say that even im still looking forward to this movie and i still think it looks amazing i can stiil see that there is alot of problems with this movie and i also know that its probalbly not gonna be as good as something like inside out wall.e or ratatouille  but Theres something i would like to ask you about  you were talking about the humor and then you mentioned something about a scene where buck bullyes arlo a bit and you said that you thought that scene was a bit too cruel when i saw you mention that i thought you just meant the kind of bullying that all brothers do but then i began thinking about the fact that i havent seen the movie yet and i would like to ask you did the pepole who saw the movie and thought it was too scary and disturbing also say that buck was a bit too cruel against arlo and if so what did he do? did he punch arlo or say something really nasty or something like that?
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
andreas the pixar maniac wrote:
i forgave you as soon as i saw your reply to my last post


That's great! Thanks! [biggrin]

andreas the pixar maniac wrote:
but Theres something i would like to ask you about you were talking about the humor and then you mentioned something about a scene where buck bullyes arlo a bit and you said that you thought that scene was a bit too cruel when i saw you mention that i thought you just meant the kind of bullying that all brothers do but then i began thinking about the fact that i havent seen the movie yet and i would like to ask you did the pepole who saw the movie and thought it was too scary and disturbing also say that buck was a bit too cruel against arlo and if so what did he do? did he punch arlo or say something really nasty or something like that?


Well, honestly I gotta say I'm not exactly sure what he does, but I'm assuming that (after seeing the B-Roll and an advertisement) after Arlo messes up Buck's chores, he scares Arlo by pretending to die. I don't know, but if that is what happens that's what I mean by cruel. I'll give you an example.

Let's say a girl is at home slicing strawberries in the kitchen for a snack, which stain her t-shirt (Kind of irrelevant but important to the example). She's mad at her little sister for some reason and holding a grudge and waiting for the right moment to get her back. Just then she trips, and then she realizes the moment to pay her back came. She decides to screams in pain. With her red berry-stained shirt, the little sister mistakes it for blood as her big sister dramatically moans. Brokenhearted, she begins to sob loudly, until the big sister stands up and laughs in her face saying, I don't know, "Ha ha-ha ha ha!" or "That's for doing (whatever she did)".

I know this might be a bad example, but point being, it was cruel and heartless. There was no accomplishment by doing these actions.

Of course maybe that's not what happened. But I don't know since I haven't seen the film.
Quote 0 0
Gray Catbird
If you don't mind spoilers...

There is a running gag that Arlo has to feed the chicken, but he always ends up being scared by them. One day Buck taunts him by playing on him a prank: When Arlo goes to feed the chicken, he finds Buck lying on the ground, who acts as if he was agonizing and then dying. As Arlo is absolutely panic-striken, Buck finally scares him with a chicken puppet on his tail. Arlo gets angry at Buck, who retaliates by saying Arlo is scared of everything and isn't able to help the farm. However, Poppa intervenes.

It's not a nice prank, but that's the point... It's something that would have upset my younger self, but it's also a rather stereotypical prank as sibling rivalries go in films, if you ask me.
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Gray Catbird wrote:
There is a running gag that Arlo has to feed the chicken, but he always ends up being scared by them. One day Buck taunts him by playing on him a prank: When Arlo goes to feed the chicken, he finds Buck lying on the ground, who acts as if he was agonizing and then dying. As Arlo is absolutely panic-striken, Buck finally scares him with a chicken puppet on his tail. Arlo gets angry at Buck, who retaliates by saying Arlo is scared of everything and isn't able to help the farm. However, Poppa intervenes.

It's not a nice prank, but that's the point... It's something that would have upset my younger self, but it's also a rather stereotypical prank as sibling rivalries go in films, if you ask me.


Oh, ok. I didn't know that.

But is it repetitive? Or annoying? How often is he scared by the chickens?

And Buck is just taunting him out of nowhere? What's the point of that?

And a chicken puppet... It sounds kind of funny, but I know better than to expect something funny or good from the film. Does it look awkward or weird?
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Ok so the Buck teasing Arlo gag is not cruel at all. I personally know. Teasing is a thing every brother does at least at one point. 

Also Peace_Love_Pixar I respect your opinion about not wanting to see The Good Dinosaur because of that berry scene. But you should watch the film because it is a very movie. Also telling others not to watch the movie is not good, because you are pretty much telling them to not see a film (that they may enjoy), all because of a 15-second scene that you disapproved of. Also I'm saying this in the nicest possible way, but I don't think that it's right telling others (who may enjoy the film).



Quote 0 0
Gray Catbird
I forgot an important detail. Buck acts as if dying because of a chicken attack (I don't remember if he says it or if it is implied though). So the point is he is exploiting the fact Arlo is scared of the chickens.

It happens only once in the film, and serves as a kind of breakpoint after which (Spoilers again) Poppa decides to try helping Arlo get through his fears.
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Arlo wrote:
Also Peace_Love_Pixar I respect your opinion about not wanting to see The Good Dinosaur because of that berry scene. But you should watch the film because it is a very movie. Also telling others not to watch the movie is not good, because you are pretty much telling them to not see a film (that they may enjoy), all because of a 15-second scene that you disapproved of. Also I'm saying this in the nicest possible way, but I don't think that it's right telling others (who may enjoy the film).


Thank you for respecting my opinion. [smile]

Well, I think I maybe will watch the film, but when it is available for rent. I don't want to spend too much money for a film I'll probably wind up not liking. But thank you for suggesting the movie.

Ok, I understand. But that's not what I'm saying. I specifically said...

"However, I will tell people that I do not plan on watching the film for reasons I've stated a number of times before, and let them know that depending on what kind of films they like if they want to watch this movie (Or at least wait until it comes to DVD/Blu-Ray available for rent). But it's their decision, so at the end of the day it's all up to them."

In other words, if someone would tell me that they want to see TGD but is really sensitive to death, I will not hesitate to tell them why they shouldn't watch the movie. But if this is someone's type of production, I'll tell that that they MIGHT be interested in watching this feature. That's what I mean.
Quote 1 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
3427415425395920086
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy