Pixar Post - T.J.
So, it was announced via the D23 Expo app that Brad Bird would be holding a signing session (along with Producers John Walker and Nicole Paradis Grindle) where they would autograph exclusive artwork from the upcoming film.

Incredibles 2 Final.jpg 
But...a few additional details were included in there, too. Our post with more details is here, but a few highlight are...
  • Brad Bird revealed to be the Director (although this was assumed)
  • John Walker and Nicole Paradis Grindle listed as Producers
  • Ralph Eggleston will be the Production Designer
  • The title was noted to be Incredibles 2, not The Incredibles 2 (as is still billed on the official Pixar website). Which will it ultimately be?
  • The concept artwork gives us some good clues as to who will be in the film (Edna Mode, Frozone, The Underminer), but also reveals that the characters will most likely be the same age range as we last saw them in the first film (whew)!
What are your thoughts on the news?
Quote 2 0
Gray Catbird
If they're going to keep them the same age, I support the choice, except maybe for Jack-Jack. I would have been interested to have Jack-Jack no longer a baby so he would have more room to develop as a member of the team?

Also, you made a small typo. It's "Incredibles" not "Increcibles". It did confuse me for a moment, I was racking my brain trying to find if "increcible" is an English word I didn't know about. [tongue]
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Haha! Thanks for the spelling catch - I made two other errors that I'm not thrilled about too...but that's what happens when you're rushing and then have to run to a meeting! [smile]

Also, I agree that the same age for the characters seems interesting, but I mentioned on the News Snippets page as well that if I had a prediction, they'd only stay young for the intro, and then they'll advance their age a year or so after that. My rationale was without a time jump their lives wouldn't have developed enough with any magnitude of changes to make a difference worth talking about. It would be cool if they could pull off stepping right into the same timeline, but most stories advance the timeline to make changes easier to write.
Quote 0 0
Gray Catbird
Oooh yeah, that could make a lot of sense, considering that's the structure the first movie adopted. And that could explain the presence of the Underminer like you say.
Quote 3 0
VioletParrfanatic1989
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
So, it was announced via the D23 Expo app that Brad Bird would be holding a signing session (along with Producers John Walker and Nicole Paradis Grindle) where they would autograph exclusive artwork from the upcoming film.

Incredibles 2 Final.jpg 
But...a few additional details were included in there, too. Our post with more details is here, but a few highlight are...
  • Brad Bird revealed to be the Director (although this was assumed)
  • John Walker and Nicole Paradis Grindle listed as Producers
  • Ralph Eggleston will be the Production Designer
  • The title was noted to be Incredibles 2, not The Incredibles 2 (as is still billed on the official Pixar website). Which will it ultimately be?
  • The concept artwork gives us some good clues as to who will be in the film (Edna Mode, Frozone, The Underminer), but also reveals that the characters will most likely be the same age range as we last saw them in the first film (whew)!

What are your thoughts on the news?

I'm dying of happiness right now, although I'm hoping that the Underminer won't be the full main villain in this film (I'm thinking he'll appear early on (picking up where the first film ended), disappear for a moment then comes back with a few other villains to take down the family for revenge).

It also appears the sequel will put more focus on the surviving Supers coming back along with new ones popping up, although we still don't know who the story will focus on (seeing as Tony nor Mirage aren't on the concept art at all, I'm hoping they are in the film as the surprise twists that Bird teased a few years ago).

Quote 2 0
Luis504170
First off, I squealed when I saw the image. 

Also, it would seem appropriate to keep them the same age for the intro and then age them up a bit. I think a 10 year time skip would be too much. Maybe 3-4 years? Because when you think about it, they barely became a team towards the beginning of the third act. While those scenes were spectacular, we didn't see much of them together. I think if they aged 3 to 4 years, we would get to see how they've grown into their own, at least a little bit and how they work as a team, without missing much of their life as a superhero family (which would've been the case if they aged 10 years)
Quote 2 0
VioletParrfanatic1989
Luis504170 wrote:
First off, I squealed when I saw the image. 

Also, it would seem appropriate to keep them the same age for the intro and then age them up a bit. I think a 10 year time skip would be too much. Maybe 3-4 years? Because when you think about it, they barely became a team towards the beginning of the third act. While those scenes were spectacular, we didn't see much of them together. I think if they aged 3 to 4 years, we would get to see how they've grown into their own, at least a little bit and how they work as a team, without missing much of their life as a superhero family (which would've been the case if they aged 10 years)

They're not aging them at all in this film (as the concept art is showing more than just the Underminer), if we get one, it'll be 1 year later at best.
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
VioletParrfanatic1989 wrote:

They're not aging them at all in this film (as the concept art is showing more than just the Underminer), if we get one, it'll be 1 year later at best.

Well, what a lot of people are theorizing, including T.J, is that the concept art is only for the intro of the movie, and then after that there will be a (minor) time skip. Similar to the first Incredibles. But I guess we won't know till Friday. I think it would be smarter to have a time skip, because there would be no more character arc to expand on. The first Incredibles already addressed all the problems that the family could have. so if they aged them up a bit, new problems arise, which is smarter for storytelling. But I  honestly don't even care that much anymore, I just want to see this movie, I've been waiting (almost literally) my whole life for it. 
Quote 2 0
WarrenJB
I haven't been waiting quite that long. [biggrin] But I'm happy to see it coming together.
Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

Luis504170 wrote:

Well, what a lot of people are theorizing, including T.J, is that the concept art is only for the intro of the movie, and then after that there will be a (minor) time skip. Similar to the first Incredibles. But I guess we won't know till Friday. I think it would be smarter to have a time skip, because there would be no more character arc to expand on. The first Incredibles already addressed all the problems that the family could have. so if they aged them up a bit, new problems arise, which is smarter for storytelling. But I  honestly don't even care that much anymore, I just want to see this movie, I've been waiting (almost literally) my whole life for it. 

Hopefully around 4-6 months later (or even just 6 months later like Finding Dory was supposedly going to do till they finally settled with the 1 year later timeline), 1 year later could work as well (which is the most likely case as it worked perfectly for Finding Dory), but anywhere beyond the 2-4 year mark and you run the risk of repeating the same storyline from the first film (also we don't know whether or not they truly updated the models of the family or not, if they did, the concept art would have clearly shown a slightly older family).

Because if the concept art is showing stuff that's supposed to happen a bit later in the film (I just cannot picture Edna appearing in the intro at all this time around (even though she did appear in the intro for the first film as one of the wedding guests) especially during a big battle (the most we'll get a brief phone call), the same goes for the raccoon (who's no doubt going to be an odd yet funny thing to see on the big screen, having it interacting with Jack-Jack would be the most adorable thing since the Baby Dory scenes), the Incredibmoblie (unless it appears after the battle) and the rebuilt Parr household (I can only guess we're getting an updated dinner scene that callbacks to Violet's and Dash's brief fight with one-another), I can understand Frozone appearing to help the Parrs out with the Underminer battle (as he did exactly so for the video game, but it was just him and Bob taking that guy out while Helen, Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack only helped with dealing with the molerat's minions and getting people to safety), but the flying people in the background are the keys to this film's storyline (are they good guys or are they bad guys?) then the story will most likely stick within the timeline that the ending helped set up for this film.

It's pretty obvious that whatever happens in this film will no doubt help set up a hint to the story for a possible third film (and have the kids as adults be the main focus then, having them grow up now after just starting out would be a very bad way of telling the story, not everyone wants a grown-up Parr family yet without enough buildup to that point and the concept art is proving that).

Quote 1 0
WarrenJB

... but the flying people in the background are the keys to this film's storyline (are they good guys or are they bad guys?)

There's a point. At the end of the first film, it was obvious that the public and the government were happy to see the supers return, and it seems logical that other remaining supers would be allowed to come out of retirement or hiding.

But something I always wondered was, when the Superhero Relocation Program was introduced, what happened to the supervillains? Had the supers dealt with them by that point? (Did they ever catch Bomb Voyage?) Did the supers fight them quietly? (Ski masks instead of bright costumes?) Or was there the thing that's explored in different Batman stories: that it's the presence of the superhero that brings supervillains out of the woodwork - the thrill of pitting against them or the drive to get revenge? Did any supervillains in the Incredibles world just give up in disappointment, when the supers disappeared? What would they do when the supers show up again?

Two of the most influential superhero stories were Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns. (Not the Chris Nolan film!) I liked the fact that The Incredibles played with a theme that appeared in the first - what happens when superheroes are banned? I'd be tickled if the sequel tried something that appeared in the other - what happens when the banned superhero comes back?
Quote 2 0
Luis504170

Hopefully around 4-6 months later (or even just 6 months later like Finding Dory was supposedly going to do till they finally settled with the 1 year later timeline), 1 year later could work as well (which is the most likely case as it worked perfectly for Finding Dory), but anywhere beyond the 2-4 year mark and you run the risk of repeating the same storyline from the first film (also we don't know whether or not they truly updated the models of the family or not, if they did, the concept art would have clearly shown a slightly older family).

Because if the concept art is showing stuff that's supposed to happen a bit later in the film (I just cannot picture Edna appearing in the intro at all this time around (even though she did appear in the intro for the first film as one of the wedding guests) especially during a big battle (the most we'll get a brief phone call), the same goes for the raccoon (who's no doubt going to be an odd yet funny thing to see on the big screen, having it interacting with Jack-Jack would be the most adorable thing since the Baby Dory scenes), the Incredibmoblie (unless it appears after the battle) and the rebuilt Parr household (I can only guess we're getting an updated dinner scene that callbacks to Violet's and Dash's brief fight with one-another), I can understand Frozone appearing to help the Parrs out with the Underminer battle (as he did exactly so for the video game, but it was just him and Bob taking that guy out while Helen, Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack only helped with dealing with the molerat's minions and getting people to safety), but the flying people in the background are the keys to this film's storyline (are they good guys or are they bad guys?) then the story will most likely stick within the timeline that the ending helped set up for this film.

It's pretty obvious that whatever happens in this film will no doubt help set up a hint to the story for a possible third film (and have the kids as adults be the main focus then, having them grow up now after just starting out would be a very bad way of telling the story, not everyone wants a grown-up Parr family yet without enough buildup to that point and the concept art is proving that).

Very nice theorizing, I can see you've put a lot of thought into this, as have I. I'm currently rocking back and forth in a dark corner while chanting in a hushed whisper "Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2" until Friday gets here. 

Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Guys this actually makes me wonder. Do you actually think we will get an Incredibles 2 teaser on Friday? I mean, has Pixar ever relased a trailer to the public after D23? I mean 11 months is still quite early for a first teaser. But IDK, what do you guys think?
Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

Luis504170 wrote:
Guys this actually makes me wonder. Do you actually think we will get an Incredibles 2 teaser on Friday? I mean, has Pixar ever relased a trailer to the public after D23? I mean 11 months is still quite early for a first teaser. But IDK, what do you guys think?

If we get any sort of teaser trailer at all, it'll either be when Coco (which comes out this November) or Star Wars: The Last Jedi hits theaters, and the latter is far more likely since December releases usually tends to cover Summer movies (in this case June), plus it would be a direct callback to how the first Incredibles film (which came out in November 2004) gave the fans a teaser for Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (which came out in May), so in hindsight expect a teaser to pop up during the Last Jedi's theater run.

(So it kills two birds with one stone, fans get to see both The Last Jedi and catch a glimpse of the Incredibles 2 in the same theater).

Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

Luis504170 wrote:

Very nice theorizing, I can see you've put a lot of thought into this, as have I. I'm currently rocking back and forth in a dark corner while chanting in a hushed whisper "Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2" until Friday gets here. 

It also helps to know that the character models are going to be the same throughout the film this time around (which means we'll get a minor timeskip, most likely anywhere between the 1-12 month range).

I also think if we get any family drama, it'll probably come from both Helen's mysterious past (which is looking far more likely to be the storyline if we go by that one photo hint in the first film with her and Snug and with the Supers returning back to the spotlight, one of them will obviously be revealed to be Helen's ex in some form (be either an ex-boyfriend that she used to go out with during the Glory Days before meeting Bob or an ex-fiance that she was going to marry before Mr. Incredible popped that question) and it'll have an effect on Violet's current relationship with Tony (if he even appears at all, and especially if Helen herself is hiding secrets), you gotta think about it, Helen was doing her own share of hiding secrets during her 15 year retirement as well and we only got that one hint in the first film.

Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy