PixarsBiggestFan
There is no confirmation, but IMDb lists Sarah Vowell as the rumored actress for Violet and Raymond Ochoa (who also played Arlo in Good Dinosaur and Dash in a few video games) is the rumored actor for Dash.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3606756/?ref_=nv_sr_2
Quote 1 0
CanadianPixarFan

Thanks for sharing, PixarsBiggstFan! I hadn't heard about those rumours, I wish IMDB would cite a source so we can look into where the rumours are coming from. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

For the sake of discussion, let's assume they are true. This would suggest that the Parr family will be at least a few years older. I think I can remember an old episode of the Pixar Podcast where Raymond Ochoa recorded the cold open (where someone says "You're Listening to the Pixar Podcast"). I remember it sounded like his voice has dropped a little bit, I think. 

I suppose it's odd that they haven't made any official cast announcements. We don't know when they plan on doing recording sessions with actors but the release date got bumped up almost a year earlier. It's probably reasonable to assume that they are fairly well into the process, and I'm guessing they would be heading into recording sessions pretty soon (though I must admit that I don't know as much about Pixar's filmmaking process as I'd like to). My guess is that they are be holding back from cast announcements because the existence/age of certain characters could give away plot information that they're keeping secret.

Quote 1 0
VioletParrfanatic1989
CanadianPixarFan wrote:

Thanks for sharing, PixarsBiggstFan! I hadn't heard about those rumours, I wish IMDB would cite a source so we can look into where the rumours are coming from. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

For the sake of discussion, let's assume they are true. This would suggest that the Parr family will be at least a few years older. I think I can remember an old episode of the Pixar Podcast where Raymond Ochoa recorded the cold open (where someone says "You're Listening to the Pixar Podcast"). I remember it sounded like his voice has dropped a little bit, I think. 

I suppose it's odd that they haven't made any official cast announcements. We don't know when they plan on doing recording sessions with actors but the release date got bumped up almost a year earlier. It's probably reasonable to assume that they are fairly well into the process, and I'm guessing they would be heading into recording sessions pretty soon (though I must admit that I don't know as much about Pixar's filmmaking process as I'd like to). My guess is that they are be holding back from cast announcements because the existence/age of certain characters could give away plot information that they're keeping secret.

I've seen this too, it seems to be very legit (despite IMDb's falsified information and credibility and the fact that anyone can edit it) seeing as Vowell can still get Violet's voice down as we seen in the Disney Infinity series (although I have a slight feeling she'll sound slightly older in the sequel if the 2-3 year gap happens which has a strong possible chance of doing so, but still keeping that iconic voice tone of the character intact seeing as she's still likely to be a teenager anyways), while Ochoa can still get Dash's voice down (although as you said, his voice has dropped down a bit due to him being a teenager and his deepening voice), meaning that he may possibly get recast (unless he's only voicing just the end scene with a grown-up Dash which would be very minor but very significant).

I just hope they keep the same designs from the first film with slight updates to make them look older but familiar to the older fans (like added height to Violet and Dash is all they really need while retaining their design look from the first film). 

Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

I wonder if Elastigirl counts amongst the rumored casting.

Because it's been confirmed via the Hollywood Reporter website that Holly Hunter is indeed reprising her role as Helen Parr in the sequel (which was pretty darn predicted).

Here's the link for proof: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/holly-hunter-star-hbos-alan-ball-family-drama-948295

Quote 0 0
Wee Dingwall
VioletParrfanatic1989 wrote:
...while Ochoa can still get Dash's voice down (although as you said, his voice has dropped down a bit due to him being a teenager and his deepening voice), meaning that he may possibly get recast (unless he's only voicing just the end scene with a grown-up Dash which would be very minor but very significant).

Not sure you understand this, but Spencer Fox was Dash in the original.  He's obviously too old to do the character now.  Pixar are going for someone different in Ochoa.
Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

Wee Dingwall wrote:

Not sure you understand this, but Spencer Fox was Dash in the original.  He's obviously too old to do the character now.  Pixar are going for someone different in Ochoa.

I'm well aware of who played Dash in the first film and I know Fox will be replaced (which was a very good guess), but what I'm saying is that Ochoa may also get recast as well for the very same reasons that Fox got recast for, assuming they decide to stick with the same character designs as seen at the end of the first film, I mean can you picture a 16-17 year old teenager trying to act as a character that is around 10-11 years old?

Quote 0 0
PixarsBiggestFan
If they keep Dash in the same age, they wouldn't do Ochoa. In this case, if they decide to reuse an actor from another Pixar movie, Hayden Rolence from Finding Dory may work - he'll be 13 years and 11 months old when the movie comes out (a few months younger than Raymond when Good Dinosaur came out) or Anthony Gonzalez from Coco (he'll probably be about 13.5, but it's hard to say for sure since his b-day isn't public). I'm hopeful for Hayden to play Dash, but it'll probabaly be a new actor so they don't take the risk of a deepening voice in mid-production, since most boys' voices start to deepen around 13 years old.
Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

PixarsBiggestFan wrote:
If they keep Dash in the same age, they wouldn't do Ochoa. In this case, if they decide to reuse an actor from another Pixar movie, Hayden Rolence from Finding Dory may work - he'll be 13 years and 11 months old when the movie comes out (a few months younger than Raymond when Good Dinosaur came out) or Anthony Gonzalez from Coco (he'll probably be about 13.5, but it's hard to say for sure since his b-day isn't public). I'm hopeful for Hayden to play Dash, but it'll probably be a new actor so they don't take the risk of a deepening voice in mid-production, since most boys' voices start to deepen around 13 years old.

Pretty much this, so technically Dash would be the first major character to get not 1 but 2 major voice changes between the first and second films should this happen (hoping Fox and Ochoa pulls an Alexander Gould on us and gets cameo appearances, (playing as one of Violet's many affectionate crushes).

I'm thinking they already have a replacement lined up to take on Dash's voice (they almost always do, hence Rolence getting the Nemo role and this can also be true for Mirage (Cristela Alonzo is available after Cars 3 wraps up), also is it me or did the Incredibles Facebook page (and most of it's characters that have pages) got a face-lift (to likely match up with how they might look in the 2nd film (seeing as we have the new Rendeman software as of Finding Dory), the one character who didn't get a face-lift was Violet (they are probably still working on finalizing her look via the software) and Syndrome oddly enough got a face-lift too (I hope this means he's not returning, unless they're pulling something like what Dory did by redoing the entire climatic battle with him.)

Quote 0 0
WarrenJB
VioletParrfanatic1989 wrote:
also is it me or did the Incredibles Facebook page (and most of it's characters that have pages) got a face-lift (to likely match up with how they might look in the 2nd film (seeing as we have the new Rendeman software as of Finding Dory)

Ooh. Any pics or links?
Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

WarrenJB wrote:
Ooh. Any pics or links?

If you have a Facebook account, you can easily find the pics just by typing in the words. 

Quote 0 1
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy