Pixar Post - Julie
Today at the 2013 D23 Expo, Director Pete Docter of Inside Out revealed the logo and some of the characters from the film. During the event many other details such as certain plot points and voice actors were also shared via the live-blog from ComingSoon.net. Our official write-up can be seen here - however, here are some of the photos 

I love the simplicity of the logo and the development of these new characters, this film has me BEYOND excited as I feel it is so imaginative and thought-provoking. I just can't wait to hear and see more about Inside Out!!!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I am so overly excited for Inside Out. I've been excited for almost every Pixar film at some level, but this one just really, really grabs me. The characters are designed so awesome as well and don't even get me started on the vocal cast, it is perfect to a "T". 

There are a few more points that we're going to leave to talk about in our podcast, but I love the idea of the Riley (the young girl) is the environment for the movie and that the main characters are set in her mind. Sure we've seen movies inside the mind before, but I love that we could be looking at the possibility of bouncing around between humans and their minds so quickly!

For animation, I think this is a good leap.

Also, I love the simplicity of the logo, but I kept thinking about the A Bug's Life logo as well for the similarity in shape and placement of the words - so I just had to post it for fun!

Quote 0 0
ThisDayInPixar
Good point about the similarity in A Bug's Life logo with Inside Out! I too am very excited for this film, actually out of all the announced future films this is the one I am most looking forward to. Part of it is the director (Pete is my favorite Pixar director), part is the imaginative story and how many possibilities there are with it, and part of it is the voice cast announced today! As you said TJ, it is spot-on! I can't believe we have to wait 2 years for its release!
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
I agree with 100% guys! Everything from the cast to the imaginative original story makes me overjoyed. Like ThisDayInPixar, Pete is my favorite of the directors. My top two favorite films are Up and Monsters Inc. respectivly and when I heard Pete was directing another film, I couldn't wait. Now I'm even more excited!
Quote 0 0
mac95
I've gotten so much Pixar info since august 9th I can barely take a breath, but out of the 3 movies coming out, I am most anticipating Inside Out. I LOVE the character designs, they just look so cartoony and goofy, and the idea of Sadness and Joy getting lost in Riley's body cracks me up! Who else thinks Anger looks like Carl Fredrickson and Sulley? Sadness, Russell and Mike?

Posted august 10
Quote 0 0
bunfoo
These 5 emotion characters are going to be hilarious on screen together.
Quote 0 0
TOM-4319
I am so excited for this movie!
Great Story- CHECK
Great Cast- CHECK
Great Director- CHECK
Great Logo- CHECK
Great Character Designs- ?
I don't think I'm completely sold on these characters. I do like the look but some just look too cartoony. I'm hoping they aren't completely carved in stone. I preferred the characters I saw in the concept art we saw a few months back.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
By the way - we have to include a question that user TOM-4319 asked on a separate page.

Quote:
I totally know what Pete means. It seems also very hard to create story arcs for the emotions. Do the emotions only have one single emotion? If so how do they change and develop like characters? I guess that's why there's need for focus on the young girl.

So what do you guys think? Tom brings up a great point...how can a character develop with only one emotion?!  That blew my mind!  So, is Anger going to slowly soften his temper over time and become more docile?  Is that process of all of the emotions changing going to be part of the film...you know how we're all a little more on edge, emotional and not as confident as we try and find ourselves in our teenage years?  Loved that question.

In regards to Tom's other comments about the "Great Character Designs" - it is interesting. I got so caught up in the overall story elements of the details that I hadn't thought about how "cartoonish" they look. I think I still like the designs at this point, but I'll let it simmer for a while and see what I think as well. What does anyone else think - too cartoony?  Should they be more human-like? Should they be more freeform like in the earlier concept artwork?

Quote 0 0
mac95
I'm not worried about how cartoony they look, this is a sample piece of concept artwork, they still have plenty of time(at least I think they do) to develop the characters more. Maybe they won't look so cartoony when they are animated and up on screen?

I think that one of Riley's dad's emotions will be voiced by John Ratzenberger. Anyone else agree?

Out of the 3 upcoming films, I am most anticipating this one.
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
I'm not sure who John will voice in Inside Out. One of Riley' s dad's emotion is a possibility. Of course it depends on if Riley' s dad has the same emotions as Riley, and if they are the same voices as Riley' s emotions. Maybe other emotions will appear in Riley, and that the 5 we currently know about are just the main emotions. Or John could even voice Riley' s dad, or someone else outside of their minds. Also apparently one of the places inside Riley's mind is the Train of Thought, which connects all of the other parts of her mind. Maybe John will voice a conductor of the Train of thought, that would fits his voice so well. I call dibs on figuring it out first if it happens. [tongue] Only time will tell. Once again, can't wait for the film and I hope Pixar releases more photos and/or clips from the movie.
Quote 0 0
Rachel Cranor
What if John plays a random guy at a resturaunt!
Because of Riley's "mood swings" (of course that is because Joy and Sadness are missing), her parents take her out to eat.
Quote 0 0
maxxie03
A new look at the characters from Pixar's Facebook page!

[10462973_10152564135249078_3377705578540589449_n] 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Does anger look a little furry or is that a slight "heat" coming off of him because he's so angry all the time?! I love this look at the characters now!
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
Does anger look a little furry or is that a slight "heat" coming off of him because he's so angry all the time?! I love this look at the characters now!

I believe that the "furry" that you're describing is a few of the particles that the emotions are made of pushing a little out of the shape. Similar to a Google Doodle I saw a while ago (http://www.google.com/logos/particle.html), the particles probably move out some after they move.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I completely remember that Google Doodle - I moved my mouse around on that one a lot because I thought it was so cool how it dispersed like that! I have heard that the particles leave a "trail" when they move like that, so I totally agree. But...if that's the case for the image of Anger, why would the other characters in the image not look "furry" too? (Not expecting you have an answer, just asking the question.)
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy