Peace_Love_Pixar Show full post »
Luis504170
Inside Out for me. Although i did really love The Good Dinosaur as well. Inside Out was unlike anything I've ever seen before. The concept is genius, the characters rich, the world imaginative, the plot devices are clever, everything about Inside Out is perfect for me. I have a special connection with Inside Out, and I think it could actually be my favorite Pixar movie. The Good Dinosaur does have some flaws here and there, but i still consider it better than Brave, Monsters University, Cars 2 and A Bug's life. What makes me love The Good Dinosaur as much as I do is Spot, and the chemistry he has with Arlo.
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Yes the chemistry Arlo and Spot share is truly beautiful and in my opinion, unlike anything we've ever seen on the big screen
Quote 1 0
PixarsBiggestFan
I liked Inside Out more because it was something different and it was good to have a female protagonist. I also felt The Good Dinosaur was constantly showing the opening seen in almost all the promos. Both films, especially The Good Dinosaur, had outstanding visuals. Both films also had outstanding stories.

I liked Sadness more than Spot because she is someone who I can relate to more. At the beginning, Spot is very wild, and real-life wild boys annoy me.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Huh. Can't believe I hadn't responded to this thread already. I thought I did. 

Inside Out, no contest. Good Dinosaur feels heavily disjointed, and I stand by my position that the ending is just a shameless attempt to toss in something to make people cry without it logically flowing from the story at all. I know people say it was because he treated Spot too much like a pet and he needed to be with his own kind, but 1. I really don't remember him doing so, and even if I'm just remembering wrong, the kid acts like a wild animal, what's Arlo supposed to do, try and prompt him into a card game?  2. Maybe don't have the kid act specifically like a dog if you want us to see him being treated like a pet as a bad thing. 3. even taking it as a valid plot point that fits well, it's till crummily written with them shoving the cave dude in there in the third act out of nowhere.

And yeah, animation studios need to stop having everything with animal-like qualities act like a dog. And Henry just kind of explodes after being shown to be super patient the whole time. And the mark thing was terrible integrated. 

Inside Out's just the better movie. It's one of the few times Pixar doesn't just have our world for an environment, it's funny, and the emotional moments actually flow logically.  

If we're going to rank their shorts, that's a bit more complicated. I enjoyed LAVA only for reasons it didn't intend at all, but I didn't really enjoy Sanjay for any reason other than nice visuals (which LAVA also had, but, again, I give more points to art that isn't just recreating reality, though I realize doing so is hard and can have beautiful results). Is it better to have a short that just failed at its intended purpose and had no impact or to have one that had a positive result that goes directly against the actual intention of it?

Eh, I guess I'd go with LAVA. It was super cheesy, but Sanjay I still think was just flat out badly written ("I knocked over a light, and with no prompting or anything to show how I managed to reach this comparison I began imagining the Hindu gods as super heroes, because we need to get to that conclusion somehow!")

And the sub-question of Spot or Sadness, Sadness. As already mentioned, Spot's "Let's just make him like a dog" thing is something I'm not really into. It also kind of destroys him having a personality, I think, making him be recognizably a dog is put above making him his own character. Plus I just like Sadness. She's kind of cute (I like her tired looking animation, and her slippers) and you feel for her.
Quote 1 0
WarrenJB
For me, Inside Out. It's there in my top two or three Pixar films. Just... almost perfectly structured, IMO. In comparison The Good Dinosaur is muddled in ways that I don't think are quite saved by the visuals, characterisation etc. (I actually think there are parts of Monsters University that could give TGD's visuals a run for it's money, with the boost of the strangely-shaped, brightly-coloured creatures fitting better into the world...)

Quote:
1. I really don't remember him doing so, and even if I'm just remembering wrong, the kid acts like a wild animal, what's Arlo supposed to do, try and prompt him into a card game?  2. Maybe don't have the kid act specifically like a dog if you want us to see him being treated like a pet as a bad thing... And yeah, animation studios need to stop having everything with animal-like qualities act like a dog.

Oh, yes, that. One of the things on the list I was going to add to my review post in the TGD board. It prevents me relating to Spot - a gag that ran on way past the punchline.
And now I have an image in my head of caveboys sat around a poker table.

Quote:
3. even taking it as a valid plot point that fits well, it's till crummily written with them shoving the cave dude in there in the third act out of nowhere.

Not exactly Chekov's caveman. There's a movie out there that I think handles it slightly better, where a character tries to 'protect' their new 'pet' from going back to their own kind in a similar way. Kicking myself that I can't remember what it is...
Quote 0 0
ThePolishGent
As much as The Good Dinosaur will always hold a special place in my heart, Inside Out is definitely the best of the two. Not only is it my favorite Pixar film, but it's also my favorite movie of all time. I just absolutely adore the film with it's creative story and characters and it's one of those movies that I can really relate to with my life. Mostly to the center focus of the film beside the 5 emotions which of course being Riley and her struggles. 
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
WarrenJB wrote:
Oh, yes, that. One of the things on the list I was going to add to my review post in the TGD board. It prevents me relating to Spot - a gag that ran on way past the punchline.
And now I have an image in my head of caveboys sat around a poker table.

If I had any Photoshop skills at all I'd replace the dogs in that brief shot of them playing poker on the Spirit of Adventure in Up  with images of Spot. [Laughing_zpsee77b0c4]

Quote:
Not exactly Chekov's caveman. There's a movie out there that I think handles it slightly better, where a character tries to 'protect' their new 'pet' from going back to their own kind in a similar way. Kicking myself that I can't remember what it is...

It probably isn't what you're thinking of, but I think Ice Age does it better. I appreciate that film's ending so much more because Good Dinosaur was like a chart on how to do it wrong. 
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy