BeanoMaster

I wonder if this song will be translated into English?
Quote 1 0
UntoldStories113
AWESOME find! *___* That's "Itoshii no Riley," isn't it? Lovely song, adorable new scenes... I'm in love. [wink]

I could give the translation a shot, but it probably won't be 100% accurate (Japanese is not my first language).
Quote 0 0
UntoldStories113

ANOTHER EDIT: Fixed a misread kana - it's "Chotto shobo kureteru no?" and not "shobu," which makes it "You're a bit disheartened, aren't you?" instead of the "It was a bit difficult, wasn’t it?" I got from that line before.
EDIT: Added the name of Joy's voice actor; fixed the early written text; looked up the kanji in "kocchimuite." Right, that's all I'll fix; the rest can be derived from the context.

All right, here we go. I don’t have much practice reading kanji (the more complicated Japanese letters), so please excuse the untranslated stuff. I have a large kanji encyclopedia, but looking them up takes forever, so for now, you get this “raw” and I’ll edit this post later.

First screen reads „Pikusaa (something) animeeshyon.“ [wink] Can’t read most of the kanji, but with the 20 and the kanji for “year” in there, it’s probably “Pixar’s 20th anniversary” or something.

Takeuchi Yūko (the first woman, Joy’s or “Yorokobi’s” voice actor):
I think the most important feeling I want to feel is happiness. So of course, laughing is the thing I like to do most.
(Ichiban daiji ni shitai kanji wa yorokobi da to omoimasu. Yappari waratteru jibun ga ichiban suki desu.)

Ōtake Shinobu (the second woman, Sadness’s or „Kanashimi’s“ voice actor):
If there’s someone who has/makes(?) sad memories, [you should] mourn together. That’s why I think humans are great/beautiful/lovely/what-have-you.
(Kanashii omoi wo shiteru hito ga ittara, issho ni kanashinde ageru. Dakara ningen tte suteki da na tte omoimasu.)

Written text:
This is your story
(Kore wa, anata no monogatari)

Then, the song (I’m fairly certain about this part, at least, since I can hear and read the words):

All right, come here / hear what I have to say
(Saa koko he kite / hanashi kikasete)

What was today like? [Literally “what kind of day was today?”]
(Kyou wa donna hi datta?)

You're a bit disheartened, aren't you?
(Chotto shobo kureteru no?)

I know both sadness and anger well
(Kanashimi mo ikari mo ippai shitte)

It’s fun but also painful / Eat more and more [??! It says so… oO]
(Tanoshii mo tsurai mo / dondon tabete)

Become a big girl! [Literally “become big,” but “ooki” can be used for how tall one is, and with the eating above… yeah.]
(Ookiku nare!)

Riley, Riley, look over here/this way
(Rairii Rairii kocchimuite)

Riley, Riley, wipe off your tears and raise your head [literally “face,” but that sounds weird to me]
(Rairii Rairii namida fuitara kao agete)

The fact that I have seen you change [with connotations of „grow“] each and every day
(Mainichi kawaru anata mite iru koto ga)

Is the greatest bliss
(Ichiban no shiawase)

Voiceover, probably from Joy/Yorokobi:
Believe in it, Riley, tomorrow will surely turn out to be a good day
(Shinjite Rairii, ashita wa kitto ii hi ni naru wa)

Title screen:
Inside Head [which is the Japanese title for the movie]
(Insaido heddo)

[something I can't read]  Beloved Riley – DREAMS COME TRUE [which are the title and artist of the song]
((something something)  Itoshii no Rairii / DREAMS COME TRUE)

Song again:
Goodnight, Riley / Right now…
(Oyasumi Rairii / ima wa…)

Last screen:
Can’t read the kanji, but 7/18 is probably the date the movie will come to Japanese cinemas.

That's it! Hope someone finds this useful! [smile]

Quote 3 0
happyland

First screen reads „Pikusaa (something) animeeshyon.“ [wink] Can’t read most of the kanji, but with the 20 and the kanji for “year” in there, it’s probably “Pixar’s 20th anniversary” or something.

Yeah, the kanji after "year" is "kinen" 記念 (commemoration), same as in "kinenbi" 記念日 (anniversary). So you get the idea of its meaning (commemoration/anniversary). And at the end, 7/18 ( = "Saturday") is the release date in Japan (the old phrase of "roadshow" for films is still used in Japanese).

Thanks for translating it all for everyone!

I never cared much for songs (in any language) not used in a movie but made simply to ride on the coattails of a movie and sell a single (I could be wrong, but my guess is this song is NOT in the movie).

But at least the trailer shows lots of new (and cute) clips of Riley. Don't you just love the expression on her face when she's caught there with the hammer? [smile]

Quote 2 0
UntoldStories113
happyland wrote:
Yeah, the kanji after "year" is "kinen" 記念 (commemoration), same as in "kinenbi" 記念日 (anniversary). So you get the idea of its meaning (commemoration/anniversary). And at the end, 7/18 ( = "Saturday") is the release date in Japan (the old phrase of "roadshow" for films is still used in Japanese).

Thanks for the note! I didn't know you could use only the "elemental kanji" to indicate a week day. Though right next to a date, I guess I should have caught on. [wink]
And... "roadshow?" No wonder the kana didn't make any sense to me! [biggrin]
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
By the way - you guys are the best! Thanks for the translations and for taking the time to help everyone understand more! Posts like these are why I love the fact that we started the forum!

happyland wrote:
But at least the trailer shows lots of new (and cute) clips of Riley. Don't you just love the expression on her face when she's caught there with the hammer?

Indeed - Julie and I were just talking about this the other day. You can't go wrong with trying to look innocent after causing mischief! We've all been there too (whether as a child or a parent)!
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy