Pixar Post - Julie
Tonight brings exciting news to the Pixar fan community as at the stroke of midnight (EST) it was announced that LAVA would be Pixar's next Animated Feature Short and will be shown ahead of Inside Out.

LAVA is a musical love story that take place over millions of years and was inspired by the isolated beauty of tropical islands and the explosive allure of ocean volcanoes. Take a look at the films poster you will notice a love theme - the best part of this poster and the brief synopsis is that while we focus on the marine life coupled together Pixar often surprises us with their "love pairing" (just as in The Blue Umbrella). 

Directed by James Ford Murphy who has previously worked as an Animator, Supervising Animator, Directing Animator and in Production Resources - just to name a few of his titles. James has also worked on numerous films at the studios with his starting point being A Bug's Life.

Producer Andrea Warren has worked in the Art Department for many years - a department, along with Story which has always intrigued me. Warren has also worked as a Production Assistant and in Development on Monsters University - she too began her career at Pixar with her first film being A Bug's Life - just as James Ford Murphy.

Be sure to share your thoughts on what seems to be another Pixar masterpiece and your excitement level over viewing a new perspective from a first-time Pixar director and producer (something we always love to see). Be sure to check out the official press release details on our site and let us know your thoughts on the short - are you erupting with excitement over this (bad pun, we know). [Winking_zps1d9118ce]

Oh, and with this being a musical, who do you think will be scoring LAVA? I would have originally guessed Michael Giacchino, but with him scoring Inside Out, I'm not sure if he'd be booked to do both, would he?

[50bdb91b-1914-4d9d-aa94-d9cc07f02e41_zps1d42f33c] 
Quote 0 0
mac95
Woo-hoo! Love, love, love the idea of taking place over millions of years... I'm a big fan of the idea of dinosaurs, evolution, that kind of thing, so I'm hoping to see the marine life evolve, as a little sub-plot, maybe. As of the love story idea, I'm intrigued. When I read the plot summary, it instantly reminded me of The Blue Umbrella as well, but after I thought about it, I think James Ford Murphy and his team will really surprise us and pull off something different than The Blue Umbrella and make something special.
I also love the poster! It's ultra-cool.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=119756

Comingsoon.net was at the Inside Out and Lava special event and boy do they have some AWESOME new details that have never been heard before including the style of the song in Lava and other new insights about it including "it's safe to say that "Lava" will be a new favorite for many a Pixar fan." There are also some really amazing insights into Inside Out with some pretty cool brand new points that I won't spoil here. Check it out if you're interested!

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Thanks for spotting and sharing that Coming Soon article, Dan! You're right, there's quite a bit of info in there that I haven't read before and completely gets me even more excited about both projects. Just like you said, I won't post too much here since it could be considered "spoliery", but wow!
Quote 0 0
Pricklepants
Just think about how perfect this short would be for a The Good Dinosaur opener, right? 

Ps. I refuse to read the Coming Soon article - I don't want to be spoiled at all [smile]
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Pricklepants wrote:
Just think about how perfect this short would be for a The Good Dinosaur opener, right? 

Ps. I refuse to read the Coming Soon article - I don't want to be spoiled at all [smile]

WOW - I totally didn't make that connection in my head and YES, that would have made an amazing pairing for The Good Dinosaur. Yeah, I hear you on avoiding the spoilers - good luck though - you've got a whole year to go! Ha! [Laughing_zpsee77b0c4]
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
OK guys, some additional details have popped up for Lava today. We got a sneak peek at the main character, Uku and found out that his love interest will be Lele! [Winking_zps1d9118ce] Combine the names and you get the instrument which was used for the score - how cool is that?

[LAVA-short-first-look_zps24f2041d] 
Also, I couldn't help but notice when I saw Uku's character, that he reminded me a lot of the baby from the 90's TV show, Dinosaurs. Anyone ever watch that show, or was it just me? Here's a pic of the baby from Dinosaurs for reference. I'm sure Uku won't look like this through the entire short, but that face totally reminded me of it.

[Dinosaurs_zpsf7cdcc0f]
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Man I was SO excited this afternoon when I got an email with the news just minutes after it happened. I figured you'd post about it here on the forum so I figured I'd hold off with comments till you did [smile]

I LOVE the character design and his description. I think it's fantastic, you can tell this guy is gonna be totally lovable and may even melt a few hearts. It's also fun that we were introduced to their names as well, very creative! This looks to be Pixar's signature style and I'm thrilled to have this guy in the line up of classic, iconic characters.

I also finally took the time, as many you have already done in the past few weeks, to listen to a bunch of the singer's songs on youtube and really got a feel for what the song may be like. This one was one of my faves:

My questions, will be song lyrics be in English or Hawaiian? Or perhaps it would be cool to see both versions released? I absolutely love the laid back Hawaiian culture and anything tropical, especially the music. Once again Pixar has created a film based on one of the things I love! I never cease to create something that I totally connect with.

Big time jealousy to those over in Japan who will be lucky enough to experience this very soon. It's just crazy that it's already done to show to audiences! I can't wait to hear more reactions and feedback.

And yes T.J., I loved that show Disnosaurs back in the day. Classic lol! Would watch it all the time and the baby was my fave. I didn't immediately think of his face like you did, but as soon as you mentioned it and posted the pic, I saw it instantly. HA!
Quote 0 0
mac95
Happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy!!! This is fantastic! Love the design style that they are going, the bright colors, inanimate object character, never been done storyline, general warmth in the shot, very untraditional character, it's all classic Pixar! Now I have a prediction: Since the short takes place over millions of years, will it take Uku and/or Lele millions of years to, say, smile or make some expression, as real volcanoes evolve and grow over a very long time? Put simply, will the world around them be time-lapse, and they will move regular speed? I hope so, that will generate some very funny moments, I think.

I love the names. Very creative that they make Ukulele, but they also sound like real, believeable names and sound a little Hawaiian to me. Maybe I'll Google it later.

When I looked at this picture, I was immediately reminded of Nomanisan Island, from The Incredibles. The texturing of the jungle is almost exact. I still love it, though! I hope that Uku drools lava at one point in the short. It would be a great gag(literally). I think Pixar is only getting better and better over the last few years, but it seems many people have turned against them. There is no doubt in my mind that after Inside Out and Lava, that opinion is going to turn right around. Can't wait!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Dan, as soon as the vocals were announced, I went to YouTube and iTunes and did the same thing - I wanted to check out their work. I actually (for some reason), assumed that the vocals would be in English, but I actually think it would be much cooler if they included the Hawaiian dialect. And...oooh, that's really cool if it were created in both English and Hawaiian - great thought!

Also, Aidan - I think that would be a really cool idea if there were elements of time lapse - since it takes place over millions of years, it would really make sense.

Yeah, I also completely agree that Lava and Inside Out will be what erases the negative comments we've been hearing so much of in recent years.
Quote 0 0
okidokios
At the beginning I hated this short I didn't like too much the character it looks creep but after watching it the story is really beautiful and the song is like the over the rainbow (what a wonderful world) by israel kamakawiwo'ole, another defect I found on this short is that the voice and mouth movements from the character doesn't fit up.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
okidokios wrote:
...but after watching it...

Oh cool, were you able to see this at one of the festivals out there, or are you talking about seeing the clip from the trailer so far? I did wonder about the vocal syncing as well, but I just took it as it was a little odd due to the fact that Uku is so giant and moving a bit slower. If you were able to have seen it (without giving anything away majorly), is there anything else you'd be able to pass along.
Quote 0 0
okidokios
Yes I watched the full short is around 7mins and well the problem is that the voice from another character there doesn't fit too pixar should checked that but maybe ur right and is cuz uku is giant and static, I don't know if many people want to read this but if you don't want to get spoiler stop reading now.

SPOILER

The short start with uku singing as we all already see on the trailer, the story is a love story [smile] the song is beautiful I would choice another singers but well.. [tongue], the time goes by and uku is looking for love and his lava convert into stone but a new girl volcano grow up from the water but uku go underwater but when he gave up their love make uku grow up and they were happy together [smile]

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
okidokios wrote:
Yes I watched the full short is around 7mins

So cool that you've already seen the short. What would you give the short on a scale of 1-to-10 (10 being best)? What were the short's best moments (was the animation great, other characters, etc.)?
Quote 0 0
okidokios
I will give a 10 cuz the song stuck on ur head for days, but on animation the characters are a little creepy, there's uku and her volcano girlfriend they are the main characters of the short, and well you can see dolphins, turtles, whales, seagulls. The best moment is when uku finally grow up meet her love and sing along! 
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy