In preperation for Pixar´s Inside Out I would like to share my ranking of the movies from worst to best. (if there is a similar topic like this I apologize, I looked and didn´t find). And I challenge you to rank too!
14. Cars 2. - Unnecessary sequel, not terrible, but lacks any real emotion, charm and appeal to adults like Pixar almost always pulls off.
13. Cars. - Good Movie with likeable characters, its just lower on the list from the stronger appeal to kids.
12. A Bug´s Life - Great world, with witty characters and a really good time overall.
11. Monsters University - It´s extremely hard to make a prequel, even harder than a sequel, Pixar still pulled it off.
10. Brave - Very different and extremely likeable princess, going on a very different and likeable jurney than your usual Disney princess movie.
(From this point on, I ADORE every single movie that is left on the list, leaves a very hard challenge for me)
9. Toy Story - One of the best group of characters ever put on the big screen, those characters happen to be toys, and this movie happens to be amazing. TS will live in our hearts for infinity and beyond.
8. Monsters Inc - Pixar´s funniest movie, that also happens to be clever and the most original of all. Also pulling on our heartstrings with the relashionship of Boo and Sulley.
7. Ratatouille - Very risky film, but Brad pulled it off flawlessly, with great characters, relatable story and a great message overall. "Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere".
6. Toy Story 3. Spectacular "ending" to arguably the best trilogy of all time (till 2017)
5. Toy Story 2. In my opinion the best of the three.
4. The Incredibles. Relatable family problems, with breathtaking action sequences and diversity of setting. Most rewachable Pixar film.
3. Wall-e. Just beautiful, amazing visuals help the great bond that these robots who we love form. (without almost any dialogue)
2. Finding Nemo - Amazing journey across the ocean, we encounter the most amazing characters, every obstacle the fishes face is just as breathtaking as the last, and an emotional son and father story.
1. Up - The most amazing one of all in my opnion, heartwarming first 10 and last 10 minutes. Great father and son bonding from an old man who could never have a son, and a kid, whose father doesn´t pay attention to him. This movie is the greatest emotional roller coaster ride in the movie world.
Remember that my list and everybody elses is subjective. If your favorite Pixar movie happens to be at the bottom of someone´s list, don´t sweat it, after all we are all friends and we all love Pixar.
You don´t have to put the reason behing every ranking like i did, if you want to, go right ahead, but just the ranking alone will suffice. Sorry for the hard challenge. Very interested in your rankings my fellow Pixar friends