7 0 votes
0%
 8 1 votes
16%
 9 2 votes
33%
 10 1 votes
16%
Please create an account or log in to vote.
Since threads like these popped up in the Inside Out and Good Dino forums ... why not for Sanjay's Super Team as well? [biggrin]

There's a bit of disappointment floating around in the Good Dino forum but did you guys like Sanjay's? Personally I thought it was wonderful, with both the visuals and the story.

*minor spoilers*
The visuals were astounding. It was such a visual feast, jumping between styles and featuring such dazzling displays of color and art. And the story was pretty heartwarming, especially that twist at the end. Overall one of the better Pixar short films I've seen.
*minor spoilers*
Quote 0 0
Arlo
I agree, the short was amazing. Sanjay Patel did a fantastic job putting this together! I thought it was great! The message was clear and extremely emotional! As for graphics, they are well fantastic! The lighting on the short is superb and some of the best lighting I've ever personally seen on any Pixar short. The animation is also fantastic! I love the design of the Hindu Gods and how Pixar stayed so true to the actual culture. The color palette of the film was right on and pure fantastic! It was a great appetizer before a great film. There were parts in the short, where even I kind of teared up! And the audience well they loved it after the short was over and the credits were rolling they were applauding non-stop! I think Pixar really did a great job on this one! Another great win for Pixar! I think after this short Sanjay Patel definitely deserves a promotion, not only do I think the short is worthy of winning Best Animated Short and Sanjay getting the Oscar, I also think after seeing Sanjay's artistic abilities in action on this amazing short, I would love to see if Pixar would give him the opportunity to direct a feature film. Overall I loved the short and thought they did a great job! 
[smile_zpsf797a80b] Good job again, Pixar!!!
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
The visuals in this short were splendid and vibrant. My jaw was dropped at how amazing the colors looked.

While I loved the designs and the mix of colors of the short, I didn't care so much for the story.

Not that there was anything wrong with it, it just didn't personally appeal to me, that's all.

And finally I thought the action sequences could've used more creativity, it was mostly throwing weapons. But my eyes did love seeing the colorful weapons being thrown around. My mind is complaining, not my eyes.

Ratings:

How good is the short: 9/10
How much I liked it: 6/10
Quote 1 0
Gray Catbird
I thought the short was great. Probably not as thoughtful or clever as La Luna, but still a touching story with awesome visuals.
The battle could have been more than just "one guy throws stuff, another stops it", but they do make some cool moves. And though I get the general idea, I'm still trying to figure out what the short says exactly when it makes a parrallel between superheroes and gods. The story is simple, but I liked it nonetheless, for the philosophical angle it has.
9/10
Quote 1 0
Arlo
It brings Sanjay back with a new perspective of the hindu gods and a way they can embrace their culture together, in different ways. The message was a little hard for my brother and sister to understand, they didn't get the short at all, after when I explained it to them they got it. It's a very lovely short 

Loved how at the end they showed a real photograph of Sanjay Patel and his dad compared to the animated version of themselves.
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
I didn't like the story much. It seemed weird just he just sort of plopped himself into this fantasy world for something so minor, and I don't think I really knew what the goal was within said fantasy world.

Really beautiful, though. 

Quote 0 0
Ava-Kane
Bonnie wrote:
I didn't like the story much. It seemed weird just he just sort of plopped himself into this fantasy world for something so minor, and I don't think I really knew what the goal was within said fantasy world.

Really beautiful, though. 

The point really is Sanjay's having this stream-of-consciousness flicker of some sort of inspiration of what these Hindu figures could be--in his mind, the image of superheros like the ones on TV. And within a few seconds, he's processing this piece of daydream which would later be externalize by his drawing.

I always saw this as a story about a kid who doesn't really accept the traditions of his faith, but he does get inspired by it, even in a secular sort of way, and he can share this sort of inspiration with his traditional father, who has accepted that his son is disinterested in prayer.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Ava-Kane wrote:

The point really is Sanjay's having this stream-of-consciousness flicker of some sort of inspiration of what these Hindu figures could be--in his mind, the image of superheros like the ones on TV. And within a few seconds, he's processing this piece of daydream which would later be externalize by his drawing.

Well, yeah, but even if he's processing it over just a few seconds we still spend minutes on it. It's still reasonable to expect to know what's actually supposed to be going on.

And it still seems like a weird thing to triggered these thoughts. "Oh no, I knocked out a light!...The Hindu gods can be SUPER HEROES!"
Quote 0 0
Ava-Kane
Bonnie wrote:
Ava-Kane wrote:

Well, yeah, but even if he's processing it over just a few seconds we still spend minutes on it. It's still reasonable to expect to know what's actually supposed to be going on.

And it still seems like a weird thing to triggered these thoughts. "Oh no, I knocked out a light!...The Hindu gods can be SUPER HEROES!"

The segueway into the fantasy sequence is quite abrupt, the rest of it, the length of the daydream is part of the suspension of disbelief.  

It was by the end did I fully process what's actually going on. 
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Ava-Kane wrote:

The segueway into the fantasy sequence is quite abrupt, the rest of it, the length of the daydream is part of the suspension of disbelief.  

It was by the end did I fully process what's actually going on. 

I'm not criticizing the length, I'm commenting that I didn't really know what was supposed to be happening. It didn't have a defined endgame is what I mean, there was no "Doing this will subsequently do this and save the day!". 

I don't know, I'm having some trouble remembering it. I think it went that the gods hit the smoke thing, but it still didn't go down, and then Sanjay lit the candle using a previously unshown ability of his doll which for some reason defeated the smoke monster? Was that it? 

And yes, I know "It's a kid's imagination, of course it won't make perfect sense!", but it's a kid's imagination shown by fully grown adults at a major animation studio. Either make it work like a proper story, or go really off the wall ridiculous with the amount of stuff he pulls from thin air. 

Quote 0 0
Gray Catbird
I thought the daydream sequence was rather logical in its unfolding... Candle goes out, big monster is unleashed as a result. Candle reignited, gods appear. Gods use a bell to counter monster, Sanjay uses "candle" as giant bell, defeats monster. The whole sequence reuses elements we were introduced to in Sanjay's cartoon and in the father's ritual. Sanjay's action figure can light up a fire because of the sparkle thing it has in the chest (which is why that kind of toy was eventually banned btw).

The only part I thought was a bit random is how the "candle" equates a bell, but then, La Luna did something similar too.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy