Arlo
A couple months ago it was announced actors Micheal Sheen and Idris Elba would have voice roles in Finding Dory. Today Micheal Sheen publicly announced that his scene in Finding Dory had been cut. He said he was very sad about the news, especially since he loves Finding Nemo, but he did say stuff like this happens all the time in animated movies (or movies in general) you never know what is going to make the final cut, and what is just going to end up on the cutting room floor. He did say the snub in Finding Dory, was a good check for his ego. This has me wondering though has Idris Elba's role been cut as well, or is just Micheal Sheen? I really hope they don't cut Idris, he was fantastic in Zootopia and I would love to see more of him in animated films. What do you guys think about the news? I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself but I hope on the Blu-Ray they have a bonus feature called Cut Characters, maybe they could take about the character Micheal Sheen was supposed to play, maybe Sheen himself could even be in that bonus feature talking about his cut character. Maybe even in the Art of book, they could talk about some deleted characters, I know they did that in the Inside Out one with Gloom and all. 

Just in case you guys want to read more into it, you can click right here to read the article

Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
The link isn't working for me but I Googled it and found it elsewhere: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/michael-sheen-very-sad-being-7568104

I wonder if he was recently cut, or if this happened a long time ago and they're only announcing it now?

The film is coming out in two months - you'd think they'd be almost done by now right, and not making major last minute changes? Especially since it was originally on track for a November 2015 release, after all, and the delay to June 2016 was due to (or at least, the official reason anyway) The Good Dino's production issues, not Finding Dory's. So if Finding Dory is having production issues, I hope that doesn't mean the film will be subpar [redface]

Of course, I'm just speculating the worst case scenario (after Cars 2, Brave, MU and TGD, I really hope Finding Dory doesn't align with those four and is closer to Inside Out ... but Pixar's recent record of being all over the place with its last five films is making me nervous) and like Sheen said, this stuff happens all the time, and it could also be possible that he just had a small scene and thus its removal may be a very minor thing.

I hope Idris Elba is still in, though I haven't seen any new news about him yet (someone fill me in if I'm out of the loop). And yes, he was great in Zootopia [smile]
Quote 0 0
Arlo
I sort of disagree with you ReptilePatrol, while I think Cars 2, Brave, Monsters University and The Good Dinosaur are not all the greatest Pixar films of all time, I still think they are extremely good, and I'm okay with Finding Dory ending up like Monsters University, because I thought Monsters University was really good! To answer your question though, I do think the changes were made a while ago, it would only make sense as I hope they are almost done with it (since there is only 2 months left to go), but they may have just contacted Sheen that his scene was cut, but they probably cut it awhile ago, but just now contacted Sheen that his scene had been cut. I kind of feel bad for Sheen, he was really excited to be part of the project, especially since he loves Finding Nemo so much, but such is life in the movie buisness, some make it some don't. I agree Idris Elba was fantastic in Zootopia, and I would love to see him play a character in Finding Dory, so I really hope his scene isn't cut! 
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
I liked MU and TGD (Brave was okay and Cars 2 was just a mess) but like you said, they're not the greatest Pixar films of all time — and Finding Nemo is one of the greatest Pixar films of all time. So if there's a sequel and it's not as good as the original, then disappointment will be inevitable - especially if it's a sequel. MU was a prequel, whereas Finding Dory is a direct continuation of the story, much like Cars 2, Toy Story 2, and Toy Story 3 — and although having an MU-level (in terms of quality) film in Finding Dory would be passable, I'd much rather have a TS2 or TS3 level film.

Cars 2, Brave, MU and TGD are all (with the exception of maybe Cars 2, the only one of these four that's actually Rotten on Rotten Tomatoes) passable, but what sets Pixar apart from the competition is that they're the best of the best, and if they're just average, then that negatively affects their reputation - because we've come to expect Pixar to offer us something their competitors can't. They're the one animation studio that always (with the exception of the previously mentioned four films) goes the extra mile, that's always within the realm of perfection - they've set a very high bar for themselves (seriously, find one person who legitimately doesn't like Finding Nemo) and if they can't reach their own bar, then that's not the Pixar we associate the Pixar brand with.

Although there's definitely plenty of people (like you) who legitimately like Brave, MU, TGD, and even Cars 2 (personally, I think TGD is very close to Finding Nemo in terms of quality - even though Nemo is overwhelmingly considered, generally, the far, far more superior film), you have to keep in mind that Pixar is going after the masses - each Pixar film is a huge blockbuster that tops the box office, gets all the awards, become instant classics, etc. They're not indie/art house films that play to a niche audience at film festivals and later become cult favorites. Therefore in the case of Pixar, the opinion of the majority is very much relevant, and can have significant impacts. Cars 2 was the first Pixar film to not go to the Oscars, putting an end to the awards streak that later not only set a precedent for MU and TGD, but made people hesitant to support even Inside Out like they did for WALL-E/Up/TS3 - a sticky situation I've discussed in further detail in the Inside Out forum. The Good Dinosaur was Pixar's first box office flop, and even though it made tons of money, it wasn't enough to cover the production and marketing costs, which are huge since it's Pixar we're talking about here — and Disney is not gonna be happy about that (funny how Andrew Stanton and Brad Bird both made financial flops with Disney's live action studio, and immediately after they're back at Pixar making sequels that are guaranteed blockbusters regardless of quality).

Finding Dory will probably be a huge money machine regardless of the quality of the film. However, if it's merely MU-level good, its devoted fan base will probably become a niche community, and it won't go down in history as a classic like the original. And since it's the sequel to Finding Nemo, any discussion of quality will immediately generate a direct comparison to the original - at which point Finding Dory is labeled simply as another sequel that failed to live up to (or, in a more extreme case, ruined) the original film. Now compare that to the legacy of Toy Story 2 and 3, both of which are heralded as classics on the same level (or even above) the original film, and are much more beloved by audiences than, say, Cars 2.

So anyway, that's the reason I'm really, really hoping Finding Dory will live up to the original. Expectations are high - we've seen the minds of geniuses at work with Finding Nemo, and with how amazing that film was, wouldn't it be great if the same artists could reach their own bar with round two? Like how they did with Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, amazing films that expanded on the original Toy Story in the most wonderful ways, unlike Cars 2 or MU, both of which, although admirable efforts, have obvious flaws that put them a step below the original films in their respective franchises. In conclusion, a MU-level film in Finding Dory is passable - but a Toy Story 2-level film in Finding Dory (or perhaps better?) is what Pixar at the very top of their game would do. And I'd love to see Pixar at the top of their game with their next film [smile]
Quote 0 0
Arlo
I agree. Fantastic way to put it ReptilePatrol
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
ReptilePatrol wrote:
...you have to keep in mind that Pixar is going after the masses - each Pixar film is a huge blockbuster that tops the box office, gets all the awards, become instant classics, etc. They're not indie/art house films that play to a niche audience at film festivals and later become cult favorites. Therefore in the case of Pixar, the opinion of the majority is very much relevant, and can have significant impacts.

This is by far one of the most balanced and awesome ways I've ever heard to convince people that the overall public opinion "matters" in the case of Pixar. Seriously, I was reading the whole response like it was closing arguments in a court trial! Excellent work.

In regards to Sheen - yeah, it's a bummer that his role was cut, but I'd guess that it would have to have been a while ago. We know he didn't have a major role since he's not listed as one of the main characters and it was probably one stop along the way of Dory's journey where his character showed up. Either the joke wasn't working or it was edited out for time constraints (would be my guess). The update probably flowed through naturally to his agent over a period of time and Sheen just found out about it. The crunch is definitely on for Dory (artists have said when the last trailer came out that those were all the "finaled" clips), but I wouldn't say it's an abnormal time schedule from what we've heard and read.
Quote 1 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
ReptilePatrol wrote:
I liked MU and TGD (Brave was okay and Cars 2 was just a mess) but like you said, they're not the greatest Pixar films of all time — and Finding Nemo is one of the greatest Pixar films of all time. So if there's a sequel and it's not as good as the original, then disappointment will be inevitable - especially if it's a sequel. MU was a prequel, whereas Finding Dory is a direct continuation of the story, much like Cars 2, Toy Story 2, and Toy Story 3 — and although having an MU-level (in terms of quality) film in Finding Dory would be passable, I'd much rather have a TS2 or TS3 level film.

Cars 2, Brave, MU and TGD are all (with the exception of maybe Cars 2, the only one of these four that's actually Rotten on Rotten Tomatoes) passable, but what sets Pixar apart from the competition is that they're the best of the best, and if they're just average, then that negatively affects their reputation - because we've come to expect Pixar to offer us something their competitors can't. They're the one animation studio that always (with the exception of the previously mentioned four films) goes the extra mile, that's always within the realm of perfection - they've set a very high bar for themselves (seriously, find one person who legitimately doesn't like Finding Nemo) and if they can't reach their own bar, then that's not the Pixar we associate the Pixar brand with.

Although there's definitely plenty of people (like you) who legitimately like Brave, MU, TGD, and even Cars 2 (personally, I think TGD is very close to Finding Nemo in terms of quality - even though Nemo is overwhelmingly considered, generally, the far, far more superior film), you have to keep in mind that Pixar is going after the masses - each Pixar film is a huge blockbuster that tops the box office, gets all the awards, become instant classics, etc. They're not indie/art house films that play to a niche audience at film festivals and later become cult favorites. Therefore in the case of Pixar, the opinion of the majority is very much relevant, and can have significant impacts. Cars 2 was the first Pixar film to not go to the Oscars, putting an end to the awards streak that later not only set a precedent for MU and TGD, but made people hesitant to support even Inside Out like they did for WALL-E/Up/TS3 - a sticky situation I've discussed in further detail in the Inside Out forum. The Good Dinosaur was Pixar's first box office flop, and even though it made tons of money, it wasn't enough to cover the production and marketing costs, which are huge since it's Pixar we're talking about here — and Disney is not gonna be happy about that (funny how Andrew Stanton and Brad Bird both made financial flops with Disney's live action studio, and immediately after they're back at Pixar making sequels that are guaranteed blockbusters regardless of quality).

Finding Dory will probably be a huge money machine regardless of the quality of the film. However, if it's merely MU-level good, its devoted fan base will probably become a niche community, and it won't go down in history as a classic like the original. And since it's the sequel to Finding Nemo, any discussion of quality will immediately generate a direct comparison to the original - at which point Finding Dory is labeled simply as another sequel that failed to live up to (or, in a more extreme case, ruined) the original film. Now compare that to the legacy of Toy Story 2 and 3, both of which are heralded as classics on the same level (or even above) the original film, and are much more beloved by audiences than, say, Cars 2.

So anyway, that's the reason I'm really, really hoping Finding Dory will live up to the original. Expectations are high - we've seen the minds of geniuses at work with Finding Nemo, and with how amazing that film was, wouldn't it be great if the same artists could reach their own bar with round two? Like how they did with Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, amazing films that expanded on the original Toy Story in the most wonderful ways, unlike Cars 2 or MU, both of which, although admirable efforts, have obvious flaws that put them a step below the original films in their respective franchises. In conclusion, a MU-level film in Finding Dory is passable - but a Toy Story 2-level film in Finding Dory (or perhaps better?) is what Pixar at the very top of their game would do. And I'd love to see Pixar at the top of their game with their next film [smile]

Wow, VERY nice response ReptilePatrol! [wink]

And I gotta say that I do share your concern with Finding Dory being a disappointment, and prefer a Toy Story 3 quality sequel. I'm really hoping that Finding Dory turns out awesome, and that Pixar surpasses the standards it set for itself! [smile]

Anyway, in regards to Michael Sheen's cut, I'm also assuming that he was cut earlier in production and just told recently.
Quote 1 0
Arlo
I agree Peace_Love_Pixar, I think Sheen's cut was made a while ago, it would only make sense since the movie is practically 2 months away, but I do think he has just been informed about the exclusion of his scene in the final film!
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy