Rachel Cranor
Ever notice that some of your favorite songs from the movie itself are missing when you buy the soundtrack on iTunes or Amazon? I really wish they were included. Here's a list of them:

A Bug's Life- The song playing at the party.
Finding Nemo- Backround music in the dentist's office.
Incredibles- Just a by itself version of the theme song.
Cars- The song that plays when Doc demonstrates his "turn on dirt" move
Up- The movie he sees in the begining
Cars 2-The cheerful song the cars in Luigi & Guido's village play
Monsters University- The song playing in the PNK's car, and the song we now know is called "Gospel"
Red's Dream theme
Knick Knack theme
Geri's Game theme
For the Birds theme
Luxo Jr. theme
Boundin' theme
One Man Band theme
Lifted theme
Presto theme
Partly Cloudy theme
La Luna theme
The Blue Umbrella theme

Any other excluded songs you wanted from the soundtracks.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Hmmm - Cool topic! Yeah, there are certainly missing songs from soundtracks as well as a big hole in regards to the short films!

I'm not sure why they leave some track off of the releases, but I think it's based on releasing a soundtrack that falls within a standard track and album length. The other reason may be issues with licensing the music for the soundtrack and cost. For instance, I would bet that for the "Gospel" song on the Monsters University soundtrack, it would cost a lot of money to include the song (since it was already recorded and released by the group MarchFourth Marching Band).

There are a few things I can throw in regarding this though...You can actually hear some (if not all) of those missing tracks on the Cast and Crew CDs that Pixar releases to employees at the crew parties. The cast and crew CDs are not 100% complete, but they're really close to it.

Let's see which of the tracks you mentioned I can shed some light on - 

• A Bug's Life- The song playing at the party. (It's on the Cast & Crew CD and it's called Party For The Heroes.)
  • Finding Nemo- Backround music in the dentist's office. (I think this is just an instrumental "elevator music" version of The Girl From Ipanema.)
  • Incredibles- Just a by itself version of the theme song. (Isn't this just the song The Glory Days from the regular soundtrack?)
  • Cars- The song that plays when Doc demonstrates his "turn on dirt" move. (Yeah, since there was never a Cast & Crew Cars CD released this track must be sitting quietly on some archive shelf).
  • Up - The movie he sees in the beginning. (This one is on the Cast & Crew CD and it's called Movietown News.)
  • Cars 2 - The cheerful song the cars in Luigi & Guido's village play. (Good question on this one - I've wanted this for a while. The song that is playing when they first enter Italy is called [ironically enough] We Are In Italy, but I've never seen anything about what song Uncle Topolino's band is playing.)
  • Monsters University- The song playing in the PNK's car (Yeah, that one's never been released - but it's called PNK POP by Jamie Houston), and the song we now know is called "Gospel" - Info on the Monsters U soundtrack and the Gospel song download can be found here (though I know you know this one). 
  • Red's Dream theme (Yup, missing.)
  • Knick Knack theme (Yup, missing.)
  • Geri's Game theme (Yup, missing.)
  • For the Birds theme (You can get the song on iTunes - Big High Wire Hop (Instrumental) - Monsters, Inc. - Scream Factory Favorites 
  • Luxo Jr. theme (Yup, missing - for now.) Updated - this actually just popped up online if you search for it.
  • Boundin' theme (Yup, missing.)
  • One Man Band theme (Yup, missing.)
  • Lifted theme (Yup, missing.)
  • Presto theme (Yup, missing.)
  • Partly Cloudy theme (Yup, missing.)
  • La Luna theme (This is included on the cast and crew CD for Brave.)
  • The Blue Umbrella theme (The Blue Umbrella Suite is available.)

I will say that the one soundtrack that I was super-pumped (and surprised) to see was released was the Toy Story of Terror! soundtrack. I really enjoyed that soundtrack for sure!

Oh, and I'd really like to hear some of the music from Hawaiian Vacation! I think that would be a really fun song to listen to!

Hope that helps for a few of the songs - now let's see what anyone else may want to hear!
Quote 0 0
captain snack sparrow
I really like the song on the finding nemo dvd (2004) it was sooo beautiful, so I got the soundtrack on iTunes thinking it was on there, but it wasn't. dose anyone know where I could get it???????????????
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
What song are you talking about?
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
captain snack sparrow wrote:
I really like the song on the finding nemo dvd (2004) it was sooo beautiful, so I got the soundtrack on iTunes thinking it was on there, but it wasn't. dose anyone know where I could get it???????????????

I have the same question Dan has, at what point in the movie are you referencing - we'll figure it out!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Well, for anyone that's looking for a great deal on the Finding Nemo cast and crew soundtrack, right now there are several listed on eBay for around the $40 range which is a great price since most of the cast and crew soundtracks go for closer to $100 (or much more for the really rare finds like The Incredibles cast and crew CD).

Check out the Finding Nemo Cast and Crew Soundtrack[image] listed on eBay currently.

[a0a49d68-c0fe-4052-95ff-9a9659508c68_zpsfc6cdbc8]
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy