Arlo
I am actually kind of surprised that nobody has posted anything about this on the forum yet, but Disney has officially released the very first teaser trailer for their upcoming animated film "Moana", which is set to come out this November. I'll leave a link to the trailer down below!

Anyways I love this trailer, the characters look fantastic, mainly Maui! I love his design, and the way his tattoos move and he talks to his tattoos! I also love the way he can turn into a bird and all of the super cool abilities of things he can do that they shown in the trailer! Dwayne The Rock Johnson kills it as Maui. Everything about Maui is perfect

Moana, also looks pretty good. They didn't show a lot of her in this trailer, but I'm sure they will in coming trailers! Her pig Pau, also isn't shown a lot in this trailer but he looks adorable. And Hei Hei, the rooster is shown at the very end of the trailer and I love his colorful design! 

And don't get me started on the animation, it is top-notch! The visuals are fantastic, and every shot in this trailer is beautiful! 

I'm super hyped for this film! I think it looks amazing! What are your guys thoughts on the Moana teaser trailer? 

Link To The Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PbWhWGUrY
Quote 0 0
Sally
YES FINALLY

So we're not getting Cars 3 teaser trailer, which possibly the first time since... forever? (through i the teaser for The Good Dinosaur was shown before Inside Out, i remember seeing the previews of the next Pixar or Disney film on DVD and Blu-ray, can someone help me out that this isn't the first time a animated Disney trailer has been shown before a Pixar movie in theaters?)

Anyway, i LOVED every moment of the trailer, also the animation while Maui telling his story was genius, reminded me of the opening of Hercules (also from the same directors)

Moana herself, not a lot of her here, but her design is so pretty, also her pig and hen (Pau and Hei Hei) are the cutest things i have seen 

AND THE MUSIC, never seen Hamilton (heard good things from it and it won 11 Tony awards last night) but i should because it pefect
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
The main thing I took away from the teaser is that the water is extremely beautiful. Also that Maui kind of reminds me of Ralph, and for some reason I found it kind of funny how he hooks the sun and the island but opts for just slamming the octopus/squid/kracken thing in the head with the hook. 

Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of special animation style for this? I thought I read somewhere they were giving it some sort of spin, I want to say making it look like a painting but I know they said that for Tangled so I think I'm thinking of that. I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to see if I'm remembering something that didn't happen.

Also, congratulations, Moana! You have managed to make it all the way through production and not get your name changed to Wet or some other adjective! Celebrate with bacon! [Cool_zpsf7e1371b]
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Unfortunately for me, this teaser did almost nothing for me.

The concept art has already sold me regardless (the beautiful islands, the water, the lava witch land)

The story seems great from what I've heard and it is shaping up to be an inventive new ride.

That being said, the teaser trailer didn't really make me anticipate the movie more. This felt more like an announcement trailer, (Hey we have a new film coming out this November!) Maui's design is great and so are his tattoos. By the same token, his character isn't doing much for me, I don't know maybe I'm faulty but I don't really find Maui appealing. Moana looks great and so does the animation. I can't wait for the actual trailer for this.

Don't get me wrong, I have faith that the film will be great. (maybe one of Disney's best)
Quote 0 0
Britney
Sorry but I'm going to criticize a bit here. First of all, I don't feel anything watching these new Disney films. May it can be related to I grew up watching Disney movies from the 90' and they were drawings not 3D animation. But I don't like Disney anymore, at least this new Disney because they are abusing of the 3D computer animation, I mean Pixar was made for that then leave 3D animation to Pixar, I think many of us want somehow the old Disney back with movies like The Lion King, with emotional stories not just comedies like Zootopia (it was a good movie but I wish they made it handdrawing). they tried to give us something like Lion King with Frozen and that movie has to much haters, I'm one of them because you CANNOT compare a masterspiece like Lion King with Frozen. So I kinda "hate" the new Disney but I LOVE the old one....

I mean, there were some good movies from the 2000's like Brother Bear, really, I can't believe that movie is so underrated and it has a really good and emotional story, who doesn't cry when Kenai tells Koda he killed his mother by mistake? that scene is terribly sad... and what we have now? Frozen? C'mon!

Well, now talking about the Cars 3 teaser to tell the truth I'm really tired of Pixar giving us details to late! I mean we had to wait a lot and now that it was almost confirmed that we were going to watch the Cars 3 teaser with Finding Dory they decided to put this Moana teaser. I'm really tired of this! with Cars 2 were almost the same we had to wait until november to watch the teaser when it could have been released with Toy Story 3, we always have to wait with Cars! to not talk about the To Protect and Serve short that we don't know nothing about it, I'm really upset with all this...

Sorry to be so "rude" saying this but I would love to hear what you guys think too...
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Britney wrote:
Sorry but I'm going to criticize a bit here. First of all, I don't feel anything watching these new Disney films. May it can be related to I grew up watching Disney movies from the 90' and they were drawings not 3D animation. But I don't like Disney anymore, at least this new Disney because they are abusing of the 3D computer animation, I mean Pixar was made for that then leave 3D animation to Pixar, I think many of us want somehow the old Disney back with movies like The Lion King, with emotional stories not just comedies like Zootopia (it was a good movie but I wish they made it handdrawing). they tried to give us something like Lion King with Frozen and that movie has to much haters, I'm one of them because you CANNOT compare a masterspiece like Lion King with Frozen. So I kinda "hate" the new Disney but I LOVE the old one....

You bring up quite and interesting argument here. While it is understandable to the full extent while Disney's switch in gears can be upsetting to some, it is also completely understandable why Disney switched gears.

The movie industry is a business. While there are creative people who want to passionately develop and share ideas, it is still an industry, and like any industry, it needs the big bucks to continue operating. When Pixar first came and offered such a new innovative way to convey art, that's where people's attention fell. Disney struggled immensely to reach the success that they once dominated, it was all about Pixar and "3D animation". For the exception of Lilo and Stitch, Disney's movies just ceased to be successful. They could no longer conjure up hits like Lion King or Aladdin. Movie critics noticed the fate Disney was undergoing and there was a huge claim that an animated movie will no longer be successful unless its "3D computer animated". Pixar felt awful, and many workers at other production companies(among these Disney) had to be laid off because all they could do is hand drawn animation. That's why Disney went with computer animation instead. Their first full computer animated film was Chicken Little, and while it did poor critically, it brought back "Disney numbers" at the box office. It is not surprising to call Disney's switch "obligatory", but it technically needed to happen for Disney to captivate again. Remember when Disney switched back to hand drawn animation for a second and came up with "Princess and the Frog", that movie did not do well commercially whatsoever.

Remember, Disney's brand is also based on innovation, technological advances. People seem to forget that Disney has been breaking new ground. (As Pixar has) So it is natural for Disney to tackle the "new thing".

I think its not really fair to bash Disney for a very smart business move.

If you talk about content, there has been a slight shift in that too. Since the Disney animation department had a major impact in the last few years due to John Lassetter's influence after Pixar was bought for 7.4 billion dollars.

Britney wrote:

I mean, there were some good movies from the 2000's like Brother Bear, really, I can't believe that movie is so underrated and it has a really good and emotional story, who doesn't cry when Kenai tells Koda he killed his mother by mistake? that scene is terribly sad... and what we have now? Frozen? C'mon!

I personally think that Disney's newest films are the best since The Lion King era. I could argue that these films do have the emotional rawness that they had before. (The car wrecking scene comes to mind from  "Wreck-It Ralph", Baymax sacrificing himself for Hiro in Big Hero 6) I find most of Disney's films as of late to be very character driven and not mindless humor with cardboard charactes(*cough* Dreamworks *cough*) I find myself proud of the new Disney. I'm of course a huge Pixar fan and my heart lies with them, but it would be disastrous of me not to hand my respect to such a massive cultural influence like Disney.

However, there is some nostalgia there and your point is very understandable.
Quote 2 0
PixarPug
The fact that we didn't get a Cars 3 trailer before Finding Dory and the recent USA Today article has me thinking there is a risk it could be delayed. It reminds me of when we didn't get a teaser for The Good Dinosaur before Monsters U and then it was delayed 3 months later. Plus there's the fact this was pushed up a year in the production schedule with TS4 being pushed back.
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
I wonder how far into Coco they are in relation to Cars 3?
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy