Pixar Post - Julie
The upcoming Award Season continues to surprise us as the Golden Globes announced their 2014 nominations for the 71st Annual Awards and shockingly Pixar's Monsters University was omitted from recognition. When the Golden Globes first introduced the Best Animated Feature category back in 2006, Pixar had continuously been nominated and had won every year with the exception of 2011 when Cars 2 lost to The Adventures of Tintin. 

What do you think about MU being overlooked?  Do you agree with the other nominees?
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
I just can't believe all the snubs Pixar has been getting! The Blue Umbrella and now this? I'm just hoping it will be present at the Academy Awards...I never saw The Croods (no interest) and Despicable Me is just NOT my thing (not classy). Frozen was good...I like when Disney goes to their routes and does their thing but MU was by far a more incredible achievement in my opinion. The flawless animation, incredible message, relatable/heartfelt story and solid voice acting was overlooked? How? So many questions...

There are just so many CG animated films these days...none of them ever appeal to me except Pixar's (and the occasional Disney musical). They all seem just so silly and rely too heavily on pop culture, an all star cast, top 40 music, bathroom/childish humor, etc... they seem just geared towards little kids with the occasional crude subtle reference/innuendo to try and appeal to adults. Anyway...sorry just had to get my thoughts out lol : ) and of course I'm a bit biased being a dedicated Pixar fan but I just don't get how those other movies can top Pixar's class in the judge's eyes.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Dan, I can't agree with you more. But please never apologize for being biased towards Pixar - the reason we are is because they built a solid foundation of story and great characters...so of course you're biased!

I think you may have taken the words out of my mouth when talking about The Croods or Despicable Me 2 - they are not my style and do include too many of the things you referenced to keep me interested.

The one thing I can't get out of my head when looking at the nominations is...was any element of The Croods (who received a nomination) better than Monsters U? Again, I'm not meaning to use this as a place to bash The Croods, but was their character design better? Was their lighting better? Was the story better? Hmmm - interesting to say the least.

Again, I always try and tell myself that a nomination isn't everything and that Pixar isn't making these movies to be nominated, but this one seems a bit out of whack...and utterly confusing.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
As always TJ, we're on the exact same page. It's nice to have place to get some feelings out with someone who agrees on this "utterly confusing" topic and about other animated films. Yah of course Pixar doesn't make their films for awards like you said but it just confuses me when these "award people" (or whatever their called there lol) don't recognize or overlook Pixar's greatness.
Quote 0 0
Rachel Cranor
I totally agree with what has also been said. The only reason I want to see The Croods is to see how awful it could be. Dreamworks films have been awful lately. 

I saw Despicable Me 2 for Girl Scouts, and it seemed kinda weak and predictable, plus it was trying to be the first one. Meanwhile, every Pixar sequel has a different feel that the original. (Cars was kinda southern meets racecars while Cars 2 was Spies, TS1 had kinda a space/dark/jealousy feel btTS2 had kinda a nostolgic cowboy feel and TS3 had a Jail Break feel, MI had a Factory/parenthood feel while MU had a college dreams feel).

Frozen was amazing. I have no other words. I am still singing the songs. Its comedy was mostly clean and clever while it taught about sisterhood and how "You can't marry a guy you just met." I can't decide between the it and MU.

I am just blown away that people could think the first two are better than the masterpieces that are Frozen and MU.
Quote 0 0
mac95
I agree completely with what everyone else has said. As a movie fan in general, I did see The Croods and Despicable Me 2. I did not have any big dislikes for either film, but Monsters University is superior by far in all catagories especially the character arcs, lighting, animation, character design, and overall feel. I find this preposterous. However, Frozen definetly deserves to be nominated and since MU isn't nominated, I hope Frozen wins. I hope that this is the last awards dissapointment for MU and The Blue Umbrella.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy