Pixar Post - Julie
Hi Everybody,

I know there has been a lot of chatter about a newly released Inside Out Mystery Vinyl image of an unnamed Unicorn character. Well, I have a theory behind the coffee wielding, teenage stone-face character.

I believe that the Unicorn represents Riley's 'Imagination' and as she (Riley) approaches her teenage years the make-believe/Imagination part of her brain/mind doesn't get used as much as it did when she was young - leaving the Unicorn character able to rest and relax.

In addition, the story part of MY brain has the Unicorn character shown with a sass face because it's comedic to think that a character based on 'Imagination' (being a Unicorn with rainbow locks) would have teenage attitude. I also, hear Jeff Garlin's voice on this character and secretly hope my prediction is correct.

What do you guys think? [smile_zpsf797a80b]

Quote 1 0
Bonnie
It'd seem weird for a relaxed character without much to do to be holding a coffee cup (presumably, he has it often, if it's being included in a figure), in my opinion.

Some small part of me thinks it'd be hilarious if it turned out he doesn't actually drink coffee, Riley just imagined him with a cup because her parents drank it a lot. [tongue]

And there's not really any reason Riley's imagination needs to be used less just cause she isn't a little kid now, but she could just be characterized as not having much of an imagination.
Quote 1 0
Vellerie
Ahh you're thinking of creativity too! Well, Bonnie you do have a point about her being able to use imagination and be creative at her age too. Though there is a saying that creative people like artists and writers fight to reconnect with childhood innocence because that brings their imagination to untold levels. It's a theme done hundreds of times in music and books, etc, epitomized in one of Nightwish ' s songs with the lyrics, "Don't give me love, don't give me faith Wisdom nor pride, give innocence instead." Since she's a preteen now her imagination changed from that unlimited childhood brand. Wonder if Pixar will touch on that at all? It seems like it could explain the unicorn's and Bing Bong ' s role in the narrative maybe. Childhood creativity versus the grown up's reconnection with it. I'm sure Pixar workers could relate due to being creative minded people who make family friendly films.

Doesn't the amusement park involve some things about imagination? Wonder if the unicorn is involved in that park. *grasping at straws*
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
That is a really cool theory. I myself gave some thought into it and came up with a similar theory. Quite Frankly, I didn't know what to make of the unicorn character. I thought it just came off as very random and odd, I even found myself guilty of saying "Ehhhh, is that actually a character from the movie?" But then my memory orbs were replayed and I remembered that this is a movie about the places inside the mind and I was like LOL NEVERMIND.
Quote 0 0
pixarfan
My initial reaction was that since the unicorn's hair had all the colors of the characters, the unicorn must be located in a neutral area of the brain. For example, some areas of the brain are associated with a specific emotion. Like the amygdala is associated with fear. So maybe that's were fear is from when he is not in the control center. LOL maybe that's going on too much of a tangent! 

Anyways, I was thinking that the unicorn was the train conductor since the train is presumably traveling to all parts of the brain! I also thought the unicorn was the train conductor because of the coffee mug. Maybe since if she/he is a train conductor, the train would be running nonstop and she would get tired? And caffeine could be her/his "energy source" to keep the train running efficiently.. 

And also, the unicorn doesn't look to happy, maybe due to keeping the train running for a long time and unlike the emotions, maybe the unicorn doesn't get to see the action of Riley's world but rather just the train..

LOL those were just some of my thoughts!
Quote 1 0
mac95
Cool! All that has been said makes sense and I feel this unicorn character could really go a lot of different directions in the film. My initial thoughts were that the unicorn, Bing Bong, and probably some other sub-characters, are little sparks of brain activity, or perhaps represent hobbies of Riley's. From what we know of the film so far, I would say that the unicorn is a character we see while Joy and Sadness are lost in the mind. I'll go another step and say that the unicorn is a resident of "Imaginationland"(I believe that is what it is called. Correct me if I am wrong.) And, like Julie said, the unicorn can rest and relax. But I don't think that the unicorn is to happy about, as he looks grumpy and needs coffee to keep him going.
Julie, does hearing Jeff Garlin's voice for this unicorn have to do with him voicing Buttercup from Toy Story 3? [wink]
Quote 1 0
Rachel Cranor
I like to think of the Unicorn as sort of a movie star for Riley's dreams. In the trailer Joy complements her on her work in a certain dream. And the place she is sitting in in the trailer looks like a sound stage. She is also reading a script.
Quote 0 0
mac95
The unicorn is most certainly meant to represent a movie star for her dreams, and I think it is very clever. Something that is very simple, yet so ingenious. It feels realistic yet very comical to me. [smile]
As for the design of the unicorn herself... Eh... She really just looks like an average unicorn. There doesn't seem to be anything that stands out about her to me. Also, the fact that she is a girl I think surprised all of us. Her Mystery Mini really looks like a boy. Oh well.
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
Maybe it's a boy.

Remember Francis from A Bug's Life? He had a feminine look, and the joke has he is mistaken for a girl. Maybe it's like that, but what do I know?
Quote 0 0
Iamathing
mynameiskhannie wrote:
Maybe it's a boy.

Remember Francis from A Bug's Life? He had a feminine look, and the joke has he is mistaken for a girl. Maybe it's like that, but what do I know?

She was referred to as a "she" in the trailer though, but she could be mistaken for a girl, like you said.
Quote 0 0
Sally
Let's not forget about Buttercup from Toy Story 3, he's also has a whole 'mistaking' point
Quote 0 0
Gray Catbird
I have to say, I expected her to be a boy. Probably because of Buttercup I guess, and also because her attitude and hair remind me of Young Macintosh... Plus the fact Joy is fangirling about her... It seemed fitting. But yeah, she could totally be female anyways.
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
Since they've already done a boy unicorn I'm glad they made her a girl [tongue]
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy