Pixar Post - T.J.
[Pixar%2BPost%2B-%2BThe%2BGood%2BDinosaur%2BConcept%2BArt%2BNov%2B2014%2BV2]  
Earlier this evening, additional details were revealed for The Good Dinosaur as well as a new piece of concept artwork. Check out the article on our site and then let us know your thoughts on the changes as well the elements which remained...oh, and what about the new concept artwork - do you see any similarities between the previously released artwork.

[971215_517278448342224_2066275554_n] 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
For good measure - here are the two additional pieces of concept artwork and logos for the film that we have seen to date.

[pixarfuture1] 
[THE-GOOD-DINOSAUR_CONCEPT_ART] 
[Pixar+Post+The+Good+Dinosaur+D23] 
Quote 0 0
maxxie03
1 MORE YEAR!!! + New concept art!!!

[image] 
Ok. My thoughts. Some differences I've noticed in the new concept art and the original concept art that released before 2014 is that Arlo looks much smaller in this new art, where in the original concept art he looked like an adult dinosaur, here he really looks like a teenager. While I loved his old design, this might work better in the story since he's supposed to be a teenager in the movie. I still hope the adult dinosaurs will look more like the original designs because I absolutely LOVE those designs (I'm mainly referring two pieces below)

[gooddinovoicepic2b_zps19a0d872] 

[good-dinosaur-concept-art_zps87415d4d] 

Something else I noticed is that Disney deleted the D23 concept art from its official press media website where press can download HQ film stills, posters, concept art etc. and instead uploaded the new concept art from the LA Times article. I wonder if it has something to do with the story changes and/or redesigns of Arlo and the other characters. 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Hey - these are great notes - we updated our post with the additional artwork and updated the new synopsis details. First, the new synopsis notes...

Quote:
After a traumatic event unsettles Arlo’s family, he sets out on a remarkable journey, gaining an unlikely companion along the way - a human boy

I wonder what the unsettling event will be that forces Arlo out on his journey?

Your points about the size change of Arlo are dead on - it's a pretty drastic difference and I started chatting about it with another reader in the comments section of our site. He mentioned that, "they took out the visually intriguing concept of having the insane size contrast!" The only thing I could really liken the change to was that it was really hard to connect (and frame) subjects which are so drastically different in size. I responded with... 

Quote:
I see your point as far as the size contrast as well. Arlo looks substantially younger in the updated concept artwork so I wonder if they meet at a younger age initially and then Arlo gets bigger. I'd also guess that from a visualization standpoint, if they do stay closer in size it would be to help that out. Telling a story with such drastic angles would be very tough to convey to an audience if the story mostly revolves around their journey. Think of it like photographing one person in the shade and one in the direct sun - the person in the sun will be blown out while the person in the shade will be dark. Drastic size is another example of this extreme which makes things more difficult to portray cleanly.

I do agree with you 100% though that I do hope the adult dinosaurs are much larger to create a more dynamic scale.

Finally, to your other comment about the D23 concept artwork being replaced - I noticed that image being removed as well. If anything I would guess they removed it simply because it was concept artwork from the old story and they felt it would be best to represent the updated designs of Arlo and Spot (like you mentioned). 

As another note - I always assumed that Spot was named "Spot" because he was a tiny speck (or spot) sized next to Arlo. What are your thoughts? If I'm right in my guess - does the name Spot still make sense? I've never really connected with the name Spot anyway so maybe that's the reason I'm bringing it up too!

Now, I'm going to contradict my comment above too - there's been nothing that says that Spot is still his name - so I guess they could have changed it too.
Quote 0 0
mac95
It's strange, because I honestly don't really mind what Spot's name turns out to be-- in fact, I think it would be really cool if he DIDN'T have a name. The reason I say this is because the story takes place in an alternate universe of sorts and it probably isn't relative to the world the humans live in-- they just need to survive.
As for the "traumatic incident" with Arlo's family, I think it probably has something to do with some carnivorous dinosaurs. Like, someone in Arlo's family was gobbled up by a Tyrannosaurus Rex and now Arlo is feeling down in the dumps and ponders what his life really is.
This new concept art is absolutely stunning. I really love the setting of this film, which so far we know nothing about except through the artwork, correct me if I am wrong. From this new concept art of the landscape, I have no doubt that this is going to be a visually jaw-dropping movie, along with Inside Out of course. Yes, I love Arlo's design as well-- he devinetly looks younger and more naive now.
Quote 0 0
maxxie03
Yeah, I wonder what that 'tragic event' is as well. I wonder if it could have something to do with humans. What if humans and dinosaurs are basically enemies in the story. It could be like the humans destroy the dinosaur's homeland and and that causes Arlo to lose his family. This would also make the relationship between Arlo and Spot much more special and interesting. 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
mac95 wrote:
This new concept art is absolutely stunning. I really love the setting of this film, which so far we know nothing about except through the artwork, correct me if I am wrong.

You're right - we don't have any info about the setting outside of the concept art. I also think it would be great if "Spot" didn't have a name...but I'd be willing to bet that he'll still have a name. I name connects us to a character more and allows people to talk about them. Plus, Arlo's family have names and if the dinosaurs still talk (like originally planned) than I'm sure Arlo will assign "spot" his name. Again, I like the bold idea of no name though.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy