Just Keep Swimming

Hey guys! Oh My Disney released a bunch of concept art for Finding Dory yesterday, along with some facts about the film's production!

I'm a huge sucker for concept art, because we get to see visual studies of a films decision making process. I could spent hours flipping through an art book, knowing that its contents are only a tiny percentage of the total artwork done for a film. These gorgeous pictures have me very excited for the Finding Dory art book, and the film itself.

My favorite art released with this group would have to be the hand drawn character studies of Hank. I myself am working on character studies for a project, and I can only imagine how challenging it must have been to emote a character when their mouth is totally separated from their face! Here, the artist seems to be doing a great job captures hank’s grumpy attitude, despite the anatomic challenge of him being a cephalopod.

Which is your guys' favorite concept art released so far?

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Awesome - we posted the concept artwork to the Finding Dory gallery (which has concept art and character profiles) and included a few pieces in our post...but figured I'd post the full gallery here so people could view them in line with the post. Great idea to do a forum post about the concept artwork. 

As far as which piece is my favorite...that's tough. I think I may like the detail of the quarantine room (called Pipe Nexus) by Rona Liu (the one with Hank holding Dory in the coffee pot in the giant room). I always seem to like anything that's very detailed and combines an industrial look with great artistry!

That being said, I also really, really love Jason Deamer's Hank concept artwork as well! I think he is one of the best character designers out there. He perfectly combines an insane level of detail and technical elements, but also provides so much of that great "cartoon" look that is so perfect for Pixar. He also amazes me with the fact that he works in so many mediums and seems to conquer them all - his pencil work is fantastic, but that picture of Piper the other day, shows how amazing his digital paint work is in Photoshop as well (not only the character, but also the color and lighting).
Quote 1 0
ThePolishGent
Just Keep Swimming wrote:

Which is your guys' favorite concept art released so far?

Hands down without thinking about it, the kelp forest!! I mention this once before but I'll will say again and that is I've always consider the kelp forests off the coast of California to be my all time favorite region of the ocean environment. It really gives out a calm and gentle vibe. Also, judging by the the concept art on that particular scene alone gives you a sense of how extremely detailed and big it's going to be once it's all finally put together! On a side note, I kinda hope there will be a funny scene involving a sunflower seastar and sand dollars! [tongue]
Quote 2 0
Just Keep Swimming
Thanks Pixar Post - T.J.! The Pipe Vexus piece is really cool, too!  I like that we get to see the inner workings of the aquariums pipe system. The perspective work with all those pipes is especially incredible.

Aah, I had a feeling it was Jason Deamer who did those studies of Hank! I knew the style was similar to his other work, but I wasn't too sure if it was him or not. He's definitely one of my favorite artist's over at Pixar.
Quote 1 0
Just Keep Swimming
The kelp forests are definitely a grand environment to behold, ThePolishGent. I was lucky enough as a kid to ride in a submarine at Catalina Island and see everything through a porthole. The one artwork with Nemo (Marlin?) immersed in this beautiful environment really brought me back to that day.
Quote 1 0
ThePolishGent
Just Keep Swimming wrote:
The kelp forests are definitely a grand environment to behold, ThePolishGent. I was lucky enough as a kid to ride in a submarine at Catalina Island and see everything through a porthole. The one artwork with Nemo (Marlin?) immersed in this beautiful environment really brought me back to that day.

That's amazing!! Having to do something that big of witnessing all the life that goes on down there at a young age must have been very exciting! Lucky you!! I have yet to travel that far west (let alone explore in the ocean waters) but I'll eventually get there! Right now, I have plans on taking a trip to Yellowstone. But it's really cool to know that the kelp forest region does stretch from California all the way up to Washington State & Canada so I'll have many great opportunities to explore all that goes on at the kelp forest and maybe even handle some of the critters that dwell there! 
Quote 0 0
Zoey_Trope
I love me some concept art, and Finding Dory is no exception! All these pieces are great, but my favorite has to be the one with Dory in the pink kelp. Is she trapped, or just passing through?

If you're hungry for more FD concept art, just yesterday the cover for the Art Of book was finally revealed on Amazon, along with a fairly sizable "Look Inside" preview!

From the preview given, the book is divided into three sections based on the three acts of the film. I didn't go too far into the preview in order to avoid potential major spoilers (I only went up until the end of the Act One chapter), but if any of you aren't afraid to be spoiled, then feel free to check out the entire rest of the preview. (Also be sure to refresh, as sometimes it reveals new and different preview pages of the book)

I don't think I've ever wanted an Art Of book as badly as this one. May 24th can't come soon enough!
Quote 0 0
Just Keep Swimming
Zoey_Trope wrote:
I love me some concept art, and Finding Dory is no exception! All these pieces are great, but my favorite has to be the one with Dory in the pink kelp. Is she trapped, or just passing through?

That one's my new lock screen! The colors to me give a happy, safe vibe, so I think she's just passing through, but we'll see [smile]

Yes! The art of book is going to be amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on one!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I was SHOCKED at how much Amazon included in the "Look Inside" preview link - too many spoilers revealed (please do not post them here if have looked). I was excited when I saw it the other day, but wasn't sure if I wanted to post anything to try and keep the spoilers as quiet as possible. 

That being said, I really do love the fact that this book is looking like it's going back to the standard "Art of" format with sections and more text details and behind-the-scenes looks. Nice to get back to that after the Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur versions without much text at all.
Quote 0 0
Arlo
The concept art is amazing-really can't wait for the Art of book
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy