BeanoMaster
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2953058/?ref_=nm_flmg_com_1

After hearing that John Debney will score a Pixar movie, I then looked and found it will be directed by Dan Scanlon.

It hasn't been confirmed by Disney or Pixar, but it might be true. As Dan Scanlon directed Monsters University.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Excellent eye - as we noted in our post regarding Debney potentially being tied to Unkrich's project (since that was the film previously paired with a 2017 release), it will be interesting to see how this plays out. We had previously thrown it out there as a guess that Dan Scanlon would direct the upcoming Cars 3 film - but only time will tell if this works out or is accurate. To date, the only indication we had of Cars 3 release date was from the 2015 Sao Paulo Disney Expo where it was mentioned that it may have a 2018 release date.

Heck, this could be an entirely new project as well (outside of Cars 3 or Unkrich's film).

Again, release dates can shift by country as well, so it's possible that Cars 3 could see a 2017 American release date with an earlier 2018 release date. Again, it's all up in the air at this point, but interesting to see how this will fall.
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
m).

Again, release dates can shift by country as well, so it's possible that Cars 3 could see a 2017 American release date with an earlier 2018 release date. Again, it's all up in the air at this point, but interesting to see how this will fall.


But isn't Toy Story 4 a 2017 release as well? Would Pixar really release 2 sequels in a row? But didn't they say that they will release an original film a year and a sequel every other year?
Quote 0 0
mac95
It would actually be 3 sequels in a row, with Finding Dory having a 2016 release. Yikes.

They said that a long time ago, and almost 2 years ago the date change for The Good Dinosaur changed Finding Dory's release as well. I think that statement was more of a guideline.

As far as the possibility of Dan Scanlon directing Cars 3, I think it is a logical idea. He has experience directing a prequel, so he knows how to successfully tell a story with characters and places from a past film. And with John Lasseter busy with Toy Story 4, someone else could helm Cars 3.
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
mac95 wrote:
It would actually be 3 sequels in a row, with Finding Dory having a 2016 release. Yikes. They said that a long time ago, and almost 2 years ago the date change for The Good Dinosaur changed Finding Dory's release as well. I think that statement was more of a guideline. As far as the possibility of Dan Scanlon directing Cars 3, I think it is a logical idea. He has experience directing a prequel, so he knows how to successfully tell a story with characters and places from a past film. And with John Lasseter busy with Toy Story 4, someone else could helm Cars 3.


I really REALLY REALLY hope its not 3 sequels in a row. Hopefully the other 2017 film is an original because. Finding Dory, then Toy Story 4 then Cars 3? Hopefully they stick to releasing original films. I mean 10 years ago Pixar releasing 3 sequels in a row was a myth! But i trust what they're doing, I mean, I'm a fan for a reason. 
Quote 0 0
BeanoMaster
Luis504170 wrote:
mac95 wrote:
It would actually be 3 sequels in a row, with Finding Dory having a 2016 release. Yikes. They said that a long time ago, and almost 2 years ago the date change for The Good Dinosaur changed Finding Dory's release as well. I think that statement was more of a guideline. As far as the possibility of Dan Scanlon directing Cars 3, I think it is a logical idea. He has experience directing a prequel, so he knows how to successfully tell a story with characters and places from a past film. And with John Lasseter busy with Toy Story 4, someone else could helm Cars 3.


I really REALLY REALLY hope its not 3 sequels in a row. Hopefully the other 2017 film is an original because. Finding Dory, then Toy Story 4 then Cars 3? Hopefully they stick to releasing original films. I mean 10 years ago Pixar releasing 3 sequels in a row was a myth! But i trust what they're doing, I mean, I'm a fan for a reason. 

I don't really care if there are 3 sequels in a row, just as long as they are good.
Quote 2 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Just a quick update - the project is no longer listed on Debney's IMDb profile and Scanlon has been removed from the 2017 project page.
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
BeanoMaster wrote:

I don't really care if there are 3 sequels in a row, just as long as they are good.


I'm not overlooking the fact that these three films could be good, amazing even! I'm so exited for Finding Dory. I was a little skeptical about Toy Story 4, but after hearing how passionate and happy the Pixar brain trust is about their idea, I'm happy. Plus, how can I not be looking forward to seeing the most amazing characters on the big screen once again? Cars 3. I've shared my distaste of the idea of Cars 3. No one wanted Cars 2, so why are they making a third? Cars 2 is the first movie that is considered bad in the Pixar library. And seeing how most of you put Cars 2 at the bottom of the list on the Let's Rank Pixar topic, i think a lot of you agree. Now, they are either making Cars 3 because they found an new amazing idea that could renovate the franchise (which I hope is the case) or they are craving a couple of billion dollars on merchandise sales. If you share a different opinion on Cars 3 please share it, I would very much appreciate to see this on a different point of view. And please also respect my opinion, this is what this page is for as well, sharing opinions. 

Once again, when I said what I said about hoping that its not 3 sequels in a row, it was not because I was overlooking the possibility of them being amazing (they probably will be) at least Finding Dory and Toy Story 4. I said that because as a studio that has had a strong voice on originality for so many years, falling into the countless sequels path is just a little disappointing to me. Pixar is a stand out from other Hollywood studios. Part of that is because they have stood up for originality for so many years while giving us amazing original films and an occasional necessary sequel. I think hollywood needs a voice like that and Pixar is all they have. Come on, didn't you guys love Inside Out? Wouldn't you love to have another original film? And the reason why I would be disappointed (If it happens to be true) is because I care way too much for Pixar. It's been a huge part of my life for years now. I could care less if Marvel puts out 17 sequels in a row, even DC. But Pixar is very near and dear to me and I don't really want Pixar putting aside originality, because that's what got them so much praise in the last 20 years. 

I'm still really looking forward to Finding Dory and Toy Story 4. And The Incredibles 2 I'm literally counting down every minute for that! I WANT IT NOW!

Because if its true that Pixar is releasing these 3 sequels in a row, that means that we won't get the "Inside Out" experience again till 2018, starting in November when The Good Dinosaur releases. That's about 2 years and a half.


Quote 0 0
BeanoMaster
Luis504170 wrote:
BeanoMaster wrote:

I don't really care if there are 3 sequels in a row, just as long as they are good.


I'm not overlooking the fact that these three films could be good, amazing even! I'm so exited for Finding Dory. I was a little skeptical about Toy Story 4, but after hearing how passionate and happy the Pixar brain trust is about their idea, I'm happy. Plus, how can I not be looking forward to seeing the most amazing characters on the big screen once again? Cars 3. I've shared my distaste of the idea of Cars 3. No one wanted Cars 2, so why are they making a third? Cars 2 is the first movie that is considered bad in the Pixar library. And seeing how most of you put Cars 2 at the bottom of the list on the Let's Rank Pixar topic, i think a lot of you agree. Now, they are either making Cars 3 because they found an new amazing idea that could renovate the franchise (which I hope is the case) or they are craving a couple of billion dollars on merchandise sales. If you share a different opinion on Cars 3 please share it, I would very much appreciate to see this on a different point of view. And please also respect my opinion, this is what this page is for as well, sharing opinions. 

Once again, when I said what I said about hoping that its not 3 sequels in a row, it was not because I was overlooking the possibility of them being amazing (they probably will be) at least Finding Dory and Toy Story 4. I said that because as a studio that has had a strong voice on originality for so many years, falling into the countless sequels path is just a little disappointing to me. Pixar is a stand out from other Hollywood studios. Part of that is because they have stood up for originality for so many years while giving us amazing original films and an occasional necessary sequel. I think hollywood needs a voice like that and Pixar is all they have. Come on, didn't you guys love Inside Out? Wouldn't you love to have another original film? And the reason why I would be disappointed (If it happens to be true) is because I care way too much for Pixar. It's been a huge part of my life for years now. I could care less if Marvel puts out 17 sequels in a row, even DC. But Pixar is very near and dear to me and I don't really want Pixar putting aside originality, because that's what got them so much praise in the last 20 years. 

I'm still really looking forward to Finding Dory and Toy Story 4. And The Incredibles 2 I'm literally counting down every minute for that! I WANT IT NOW!

Because if its true that Pixar is releasing these 3 sequels in a row, that means that we won't get the "Inside Out" experience again till 2018, starting in November when The Good Dinosaur releases. That's about 2 years and a half.



Unless we get Dia De Los Muertos in 2017, which is possible.
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
BeanoMaster wrote:
Luis504170 wrote:
BeanoMaster wrote:

I don't really care if there are 3 sequels in a row, just as long as they are good.


I'm not overlooking the fact that these three films could be good, amazing even! I'm so exited for Finding Dory. I was a little skeptical about Toy Story 4, but after hearing how passionate and happy the Pixar brain trust is about their idea, I'm happy. Plus, how can I not be looking forward to seeing the most amazing characters on the big screen once again? Cars 3. I've shared my distaste of the idea of Cars 3. No one wanted Cars 2, so why are they making a third? Cars 2 is the first movie that is considered bad in the Pixar library. And seeing how most of you put Cars 2 at the bottom of the list on the Let's Rank Pixar topic, i think a lot of you agree. Now, they are either making Cars 3 because they found an new amazing idea that could renovate the franchise (which I hope is the case) or they are craving a couple of billion dollars on merchandise sales. If you share a different opinion on Cars 3 please share it, I would very much appreciate to see this on a different point of view. And please also respect my opinion, this is what this page is for as well, sharing opinions. 

Once again, when I said what I said about hoping that its not 3 sequels in a row, it was not because I was overlooking the possibility of them being amazing (they probably will be) at least Finding Dory and Toy Story 4. I said that because as a studio that has had a strong voice on originality for so many years, falling into the countless sequels path is just a little disappointing to me. Pixar is a stand out from other Hollywood studios. Part of that is because they have stood up for originality for so many years while giving us amazing original films and an occasional necessary sequel. I think hollywood needs a voice like that and Pixar is all they have. Come on, didn't you guys love Inside Out? Wouldn't you love to have another original film? And the reason why I would be disappointed (If it happens to be true) is because I care way too much for Pixar. It's been a huge part of my life for years now. I could care less if Marvel puts out 17 sequels in a row, even DC. But Pixar is very near and dear to me and I don't really want Pixar putting aside originality, because that's what got them so much praise in the last 20 years. 

I'm still really looking forward to Finding Dory and Toy Story 4. And The Incredibles 2 I'm literally counting down every minute for that! I WANT IT NOW!

Because if its true that Pixar is releasing these 3 sequels in a row, that means that we won't get the "Inside Out" experience again till 2018, starting in November when The Good Dinosaur releases. That's about 2 years and a half.



Unless we get Dia De Los Muertos in 2017, which is possible.


We will find out at D23 because the next D23 is on 2017, which is after the 2017 film comes out.



Quote 0 0
Bonnie
I can never shake the worry that the 2017 film is another sequel. I know it's unlikely, but I'm just pessimistic like that. [sadness_80_anim_gif_zpsguiaoq8w]
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
I'd rather it be original as well, but on the optimistic side: Finding Dory comes out in 2016; 2017 is Toy Story 4. Of the sequels announced the most likely to come out after that is Cars 3....personally, I'm not so interested in Cars so if it came out during a year that 2 Pixar movies will be released it'd be nicer than it coming out as the only Pixar movie of the year. That'd almost be an empty year for me, like 2014 was. But that's just a personal opinion.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
3427415425395920086
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy