ReptilePatrol Show full post »
Pixar Post - T.J.
ReptilePatrol wrote:
Disney handles the marketing for Pixar right?

Pixar has input, but yes, for the most part that is handled by the overarching Disney marketing group.

We certainly haven't seen the full film yet, but from what we saw at the studio and at the college "campus crawl" tour...yes, it's coming across as more juvenile for the fun moments (probably to attract young kids), but there are heavy moments and the heart will sell it (at least that's how we feel at this point seeing a total of 45 minutes of footage between Julie and I).
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
pixar post when you say  juvenile do mean things like toilet humor gross out humor  pop culture references and sexueal innuendos?  plz say thats not what your refering to becuse i really hate pop culture references and bad sexueal innuendos and especially gross out humor and toilet humor[confused]
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Ah, I should be more clear. I just mean that the trailers do seem to be geared towards a younger audiences. I probably chose the incorrect word there since it can also come across like the other meanings you listed.
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
Bonnie wrote:
I know I'm massively late on this commenting on this thing, but the posts I kept typing up kept getting lost for one reason or another and it crushed my motivation to retype them.

And now, having had time to stew on it...without the almost-talk-free, more serious tone of the first trailer, I'm considerably less excited. I went back and I rewatched the first trailer, and I started crying again, and I rewatched this one, and I bailed before it was over. They feel like they're advertising two different movies, and the former looks like the more interesting movie but the latter's the one we're getting! 

I mean, it's not like it looks awful or anything, some moments were fairly cute (oh my gosh, I love the little gerbil things) and I'm still seeing it definitely, but I just don't feel anything nearing the level of excitement I was feeling for Inside Out. It feels more on the level with my feelings toward Zootopia; looks okay and I'll see it cause I like animation and movie theaters (also last original for a while, in GD's case).

And I have to echo some people's disappointment over Spot being so dog-like. "A boy and his dog story, except the boy is the dog" is a cute way to sell it, but when you get right down to it it amounts to "We took a cliched story and gave the characters different designs". So I'd been kind of hoping he was stretching a bit and didn't literally mean it, but apparently he did. 

I feel about the same, but I don't really feel any disappointment because even just hearing rhe initial summary I figured I wouldn't like this movie as much as Inside Out, or even as much as my top 3-5 Pixar films, because I know my tastes pretty well and tend to have a feeling early on about it and be right. And my opinion isn't always the popular one (I really liked Monsters University, and while I recognize the beauty of Ratatouille I don't have it ranked high just because of personal enjoyment).

The Good Dinosaur has beautiful animation and looks like it'll have moments that touch on "masterpiece" level, but other aspects like the humor and the dog-like kid were just blah to me. I probably shouldn't judge too much before seeing the movie, but that's my two cents. And I feel lukewarm to Zootopia because it seems to have a lot of "typical" Disney stuff, right down to the two main characters' designs (the fox has a typical disney male main animal character look, and in fact looks a lot like Robin Hood). I do think it'll be a good movie otherwise though. I love the design of the animal side characters and their land.
Quote 0 0
tfan695
Spot has dog like mannerisms, but he still appears to have the intelligence, empathy and emotional maturity of a human. I actually find that to be a very fascinating contrast, and one that could only be imagined in a movie like this.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy