DASchooler
I only just recently discovered this exceptional website and the wonderful Pixar Post Podcast, and I couldn't be happier! This is awesome! T.J. and Julie keep me entertained during my commute each day with their podcasts. Thanks, guys, I don't mind delays so much anymore!

So, a couple of weeks ago I visited with T.J. to let him know how much I appreciate his and Julie's hard work on this site and mentioned I had recently made some Pixar (and Disney) art and wondered if he thought it'd be appropriate to share in the forum. T.J. encouraged me to go ahead and share, so I am.

These are some Pixar (and Disney) art I recently created for a summer sermon series at my church. Each piece, with the exception of "Up," is approximately 48"x48", made of acrylic and marker on double-ply, corrugated cardboard. I created a new piece each week for 12 consecutive weeks.

NOTE: The "Beauty & The Beast" piece is based on a wonderful piece of fan art by diablera.deviantart.com and the "Frozen" piece is based on a brilliant painting by Heather Theurer. I didn't do either artist justice. Do yourself a favor and look them up. And, of course, the remaining pieces are based on the extremely talented artists at Pixar and Disney.

Quote 3 0
CanadianPixarFan
Wow that is some amazing art!!

The Beauty and the Beast one is absolutely beautiful and I love how there are actual balloons that Carl is holding on to in your Up piece. I also really like the style and detail of the Monsters Inc, Inside Out and Toy Story ones especially. The Frozen one is also really really cool. I love how the shape is mostly rectangular like a normal painting canvas but then you have parts that are cut out/extend past what seems like it should be the edge of the "canvas", it gives it an impossible, or dare I say magical, effect.

Keep making art!!
Quote 1 0
DASchooler
Thanks, CanadianPixarFan. They were a lot of fun to make. I'm not certain whether you can see it in the picture but the "Up" piece has Carl, Russell, Doug, and the house below the balloons. They are each smaller as they got closer to the balloons in a kind of forced perspective. It was a fun piece because it floated above the congregation during the service; air conditioning pushed it around pretty good. Because I knew it would likely spin the backsides were painted as well.

Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Holy cow - I know I had mentioned to you that I really enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast and Mickey ones, but now that I know more of the backstory on the Up-themed one, that absolutely sways my opinion a bit! [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]

That's so great that it had the real balloons AND that you painted both sides since you knew it would spin! Excellent work before coloring it as well - so awesome to see the pen work! The details in Carl's coat and pants is awesome. You can really see all the time and energy you put into the pieces! Great work again!

So, what was the general consensus among the group when you presented them all? Which one seemed to grab the most attention? Was the favorite different among the age groups (i.e., did younger kids like one more while adults favored a different one), or was it the same across all ages?

Thanks again for sharing and I'm so glad you did!
Quote 0 0
DASchooler
Thanks, TJ.!

The "Up" piece was a favorite with the congregation, in no small part because as it floated around it would occasionally dive bomb the pastor (who is a very good friend) from the AC currents. I don't know that there was a consensus favorite; different pieces appealed to different folks for different reasons. For example, there was one family that enjoyed "Monsters, Inc." because there infant son, who is 2, would stop and talk to Mike each Sunday before the service. It was very cute. That piece ended up going to his house afterwards. Several teenagers, including my 15 & 17 year old boys, liked "Toy Story" because they had grown up with the movie. Another family went home with "Frozen" because they had two young girls. And, as you might guess, Steamboat Willie appealed to several older people. It was a lot of fun seeing the personal attachments people had with different pieces. I also made a really quick watercolor of the Disney Castle for a picture backdrop that I'd meant to throw away afterwards, but a family took it home for the wall of their nursery. Every piece went home with someone. I've done art for different sermon series for the past 4 or 5 years and this was the most popular by far. How does someone not love Pixar & Disney?

Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Holy cow, the castle is awesome! 

Also - that makes sense about the people having different favorites for different reasons. 
Quote 0 0
DASchooler
Last update. I think. TJ since you seemed to enjoy the pen & ink drawings for "Up," I thought you might enjoy seeing these other Pixar ink drawings (and "Beauty & The Beast") as well.

Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy