Dan the Pixar Fan
For us Pixar fans who have visited Disney World, it's no doubt that one of our fave areas to go to is the "Pixar Place" section of Hollywood Studios. Who doesn't love the amazing Toy Story elements there and the ever so awesome Midway Mania ride?

For a long time, I've dreamed of an expansion of that area (since before it was rumored to be coming) to make it a full-fledged "Pixar Land". I've thought of a few attraction ideas that would be amazing to see and would love to hear your ideas as well. This isn't meant to be a prediction of what's coming- just a place to put out some creative ideas- so just have fun and get as wacky as you want! 

My attraction ideas:
  • Monsters Inc. Factory roller coaster. Like in the film, it would be similar to the door vault seen during the exciting, fast paced climax. It would be a hanging type roller coaster with the skinny track and where your feet dangle- we don't have any of those in WDW! The imagineers would use special effects/mirrors  throughout the ride to give the impression of thousands of doors around you and at times it would slow down (maybe during a climb) to see animatronic versions of Mike, Sulley, Randal and Boo battling it out before picking up speed again. The outside of the attraction would resemble the look of Monsters Inc. itself and the line to wait for the ride inside would look like the main lobby seen in the film. You could even pass Roz's "office" where an animatronic version of her would talk and move around. The area to board the coaster would look just like the scare floor. I can picture the sights and sounds now!

• UP - this ride would use similar techniques/technology as Sorin', only the images on the giant screen would be in the Up animated style and the music would be borrowed from the film's classic score. Like Sorin', there would be wind and smell simulators (and knowing Disney these days, it would probably be in 3D like Star Tours). Unlike Sorin', this one would get a little more exciting with some turbulence, lightning and thunder during a "rain storm" for a short portion of the ride. The outside of the attraction would look like Carl's house and the line inside would continue throughout his house (with all the details from the film). Near the outside of the attraction leading up to it, there will be balloon "salesmen" with retro outfits and carts selling balloons.

• The Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie set adventure currently there would be converted into an A Bug's Life themed area with added, full sized characters around as well as other additions to capture the style of the film (such as the leaf/dew telescopes, glowing mushrooms and "secret hideouts" that you can slide down into). 

Between all the parks, we already have lots of other Toy Story rides, a Ratatouille ride, Cars rides, A Bug's Life rides, a Monsters Inc. ride and Finding Nemo rides, etc...but I would love to see any other new ride ideas based on these films as well if you have them. I even like the idea of some of the same attractions, like the Ratatouille ride in Paris or Cars Land in CA, to make it to this WDW Florida expansion.

Share YOUR ideas here!

Quote 2 0
mac95
Wow, great thoughts, Dan! I especially like the Monsters, inc. Factory Rollercoaster idea, because it seems like the most emmersive of the rides.

I immediately thought of the possibility for an Incredible ride, because with the giant robots and lots of action in the film, a ride adaptation would be the coolest! My idea for The Incredibles is a Nomanisan Island tour ride. If you have ever been on the Dinosaur ride (in Hollywood Studios, I believe) the Nomanisan Island ride would be a lot like that.
You and another 5-10 people would clamber into the ride compartment, and watch a quick movie that is meant to show you have just crash-landed on Nomanisan Island. It is a large screen, and this part feels much like Soarin' or Star Tours.
Next, the screen goes dark and rises up so your compartment may pass through. The rest of the ride is a twisting labyrinth of ferns, vines, and other tropical vegetation as seen on Nomanisan. On the journey, you pass the Dash-Velocipod chase scene, and other Velocipods take notice to you and follow you. There could be some blasters on your compartment to "shoot" the Velocipods down. Oh, I just had another idea, you could pass the spot where the Omnidroid and Mr. Incredible had their lava battle, mid-battle!

That was my idea. If I get more, I will post again for sure!
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
This would be awesome if they did this.

The closest thing we have so far is a Kinect game for the XBOX 360. [Winking_zps1d9118ce]
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
An expansion would be pretty cool, judging by the fact that only Toy Story attractions are in it.

I liked the fact that you made it expand through various portions of the park.
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
I really like everyone's suggestions so far. I would definitely go on all of these rides. A Monsters Inc. roller coaster would be amazing!

Firstly, I have to say Dan, that they actually kind of have an A Bug's Life ride, similar to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids ride. You may not know of it, but it's currently in Walt Disney World in Orlando at Animal Kingdom. I happen to have been there, but it was such a long time ago, I can barely remember it. You can see it below:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/its-tough-to-be-a-bug/

May I also suggest a Wall-E ride, it could be a roller coaster type ride, in which you go through space into the Axiom on those futuristic chairs. The characters would follow along with you on your way to the captain's office.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Ultimate iPad Expert wrote:

Firstly, I have to say Dan, that they actually kind of have an A Bug's Life ride, similar to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids ride. You may not know of it, but it's currently in Walt Disney World in Orlando at Animal Kingdom. I happen to have been there, but it was such a long time ago, I can barely remember it. You can see it below:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/its-tough-to-be-a-bug/

Thanks! Yah I go to WDW every year or so and I always love going to the "It's Tough to be a Bug" 3D show (it's actually not a ride) at Animal Kingdom... they also have it at DCA as well.

I was actually talking about the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure (currently at Hollywood Studios, seen HERE, not the old 3D show Honey I shrunk the Audience at EPCOT) which is a full playground for younger kids and not a show or ride that you have to wait in line for (you can come and go and as you please). I think it would be perfect for converting into an A Bug's Life theme play area because it already has the giant grass blades, etc [smile] Hope that helps to clarify what I meant.

Thanks so much for everyone's ideas! These are great. Can't wait to hear more. Keep em' comin! [smile]
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Now these are the kinds of posts that I've come to expect from Dan - the real head scratchers, the deep thinkers and the mind expanders! 

If I remember properly, the rumor of a Monsters-themed ride has been around for years and years! Hang on...yup, I just looked it up. Here's an article from September of 2014 from WDW News Today that says...

Quote:
Since 2008, that location was the rumored location for the proposed Monsters Inc. Door Roller Coaster that will now likely never see the light of day based on the disappointing box office and merchandise sales (at least in Disney’s eyes) from Monsters University. Well, the plan as it now exists would see a third, separate track for Toy Story Midway Mania constructed inside of Soundstage 1, perhaps to be used as a FastPass+ guest only track. This would add 50% more capacity to the ride which has been overburdened pretty much since the day it opened. Toy Story Midway Mania was supposed to be a solid ‘B’ or ‘C’ ticket attraction for the park, but exceeded all expectations with its continued popularity.

I have to laugh at the thinking that the Toy Story Mania ride was going to be a 'B' or 'C' ticket ride but that people love it. So, what does that tell us? That tells us that the same people who are saying that a Monsters, Inc. ride wouldn't work because of poor merchandise sales may very well be extremely wrong as well about this prediction. Obviously my view is tainted as well since I run a Pixar fan site, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't enjoy a ride themed after the door-chase scene from the movie. Even casual fans mention Monsters, Inc. and that scene!

But...if I had to think about other rides/attractions, I'd like to see something for WALL•E (as UltimateiPadExpert mentioned) as a main attraction where you start the ride by having the majority of the population (besides the group of riders) leaving Earth by boarding the Axiom with the understanding that you have to help WALL•E find  plant life on Earth in order to bring everyone back! Of course the story element can move just like the movie does from desolate and quite, to catching glimpses of Eve and exploring emotions and love. Finally, we can get transmissions from the Axiom (from the Captain) telling us that Auto is taking over and we're running out of time...We then have to utilize Eve to help us navigate FAST and find the plant!

Other than that (and I know this one won't happen), I'd love to see a rotating area based on the shorts and seasons. For instance, I'd love to see a mini-haunted house (light-hearted overall) based on Toy Story of TERROR! and a Battlesaur training area with Reptillus (kind of like Turtle Talk) teaching you what it's like to be a Battlesaur...and eventually learn to use your imagination! 

Finally, I'd LOVE it if they had a mini area where you could learn about how Pixar creates their movies (with mini-classes). Showing how the story boarding process works, how the animators move the wire-frame characters to animate them and how everything comes together with lighting. Essentially, a little mini-camp of computer animation and some of the steps you would take to get into the field. It could be really cool for the artists, geeks and fans...like us!
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Wow- great stuff man! I was hoping to get a T.J. response since I knew you would have fantastic ideas and insights! You described the Wall·E ride flawlessly...in true WDW imagineer style with story elements, a slow-to fast-to slow pace, "transmissions"/commentary during the ride and guest "objectives" (like how on Dinosaur your objective is to bring back an Iguanadon or how on Mission Space it's to get to the Mars landing site- that's something that makes Disney Parks rides unique as they do that kind of stuff quite often with their attractions). I can really picture the ride you described like it's a real thing; like I've been on it before! Totally can see the sights and hear the sounds now. How cool would it be to actually get this ride, right??

A TSOT haunted house sounds so awesome and can picture that as well...as kind of a walk through. And I can totally picture a Turtle Talk show with Reptillus informing about life as a Battlesaur! Such cool ideas.

A place to learn more about Pixar's animation/filmmaking process would be outstanding. People would love that (or I'm just biased haha)! I picture it kind of like the "Magic of Disney Animation" at Hollywood Studios, only geared towards Pixar's process and upcoming films exclusively.

It's funny you found an article talking about a Monsters Inc. ride and a Pixar Place expansion. I had never even seen that! Also, I have to note the quote from that one source about a Monsters Inc. ride...that's lame that they think the MU merch sales would stop a Monsters Inc. ride from being successful! I really doubt that. Plus, MU is Pixar's 4th highest grossing film! How is that disappointing at the box office? People love Monsters Inc. in general and the door vault chase scene is one of the most memorable in animation history (I feel). It would be thrilling as well (people crave new thrill rides/coasters at WDW) and different since we've never had a hanging coaster there. Just that style coaster alone would be popular there, then add the Monsters Inc. factory/storyline to it? I'd say success! Critics and audiences in general were less enthused about Cars and Cars 2 and look how great Cars Land is doing!

Oh well..I know it prob won't happen, but here's to hoping for a Pixar place expansion with at least something similar to the ideas presented here! Heck, I know WDW has room for even additional full size parks...bring on a Pixar Studios temed park!! ha!
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
PixarFanDan wrote:
...Critics and audiences in general were less enthused about Cars and Cars 2 and look how great Cars Land is doing!

Yup - exactly! People don't know what they're talking about! As a side note...That's why I loved Steve Jobs - he didn't ask for opinions or hold focus groups. He had an idea, created it and then told people what they wanted by selling them a superior product...one that was beyond the limitations of what they "thought" they wanted! So, the bottom line is that people need to go with their gut rather than financial expectations sometimes!
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
PixarFanDan wrote:
It's funny you found an article talking about a Monsters Inc. ride and a Pixar Place expansion. I had never even seen that! Also, I have to note the quote from that one source about a Monsters Inc. ride...that's lame that they think the MU merch sales would stop a Monsters Inc. ride from being successful! I really doubt that. Plus, MU is Pixar's 4th highest grossing film! How is that disappointing at the box office? People love Monsters Inc. in general and the door vault chase scene is one of the most memorable in animation history (I feel). It would be thrilling as well (people crave new thrill rides/coasters at WDW) and different since we've never had a hanging coaster there. Just that style coaster alone would be popular there, then add the Monsters Inc. factory/storyline to it? I'd say success! Critics and audiences in general were less enthused about Cars and Cars 2 and look how great Cars Land is doing!

Oh well..I know it prob won't happen, but here's to hoping for a Pixar place expansion with at least something similar to the ideas presented here! Heck, I know WDW has room for even additional full size parks...bring on a Pixar Studios temed park!! ha!

Yeah, I'd be surprised if MU merch sales really were that disappointing, given how many fans were collecting all the toys and such (on tumblr there was a Monsters fandom and they constantly shared photos of their collections), and how much little boys loved MU toys. My nephew had some plush Sulleys and a MU t shirt he would wear 3 days in a row, plus he had an MU themed birthday party (this was before I even watched the movie so I had no hand in this choice). The merch sales may not have been on par with Cars, but I imagine that along with Toy Story and Cars it made more money on toys and shirts than any other Pixar film (especially since a lot of them like Up were lacking in products).

And I remember reading that MU did well in the box office, particularly internationally (Japan had a huge fandom when it was first released and what would I give to find some of their cool merch!!).
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/more-opportunities-to-soar-enjoy-toy-story-mania-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

Well, pretty soon there will be more games to play on this attraction, now that they're putting more track on the ride.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Well, as mynameiskhannie noted in the link above, the rumors we were chatting about earlier have come true - we wrote up a quick post about the news and linked back here to keep the conversation going about what we'd like to see happen with Pixar Place at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

[Toy%2BStory%2BMidway%2BMania%2BPixar%2BPost] 

Oh, and what do you think? Since they weren't 100% clear, is the additional track that's being added to lengthen and change up the ride, or is it to add more cars and shorten the overall wait time for the ride?

I personally couldn't be happier that they're expanding the ride - it's my favorite ride at the park...and possible my favorite ride at all of Disney! The photo above is of Julie and I on the ride in 2011!
Quote 0 0
YodelinCowgirl
There have actually been a LOT of rumors circulating, in the past six months especially, about a huge expansion coming to DHS.  Since the Backlot Tour closed last year (and John Lasseter was spotted touring that area pf the park), supposedly the whole area behind Toy Story Mania is rumored to become a true Pixar Place - but the question is when, and I'm hoping D23 has some answers for fans like me who are going crazy over it!  [Winking_zps1d9118ce]  Things that have been discussed are a version of Toy Story Playland, like the Paris and Hong Kong parks have - but with a Woody's Roundup ride rethemed from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree in Cars Land; a Buzz ride that will be the same system as the revamped Luigi ride, also at DCA; and the RC coaster that looks like the orange track.  I've also heard that there might be a smaller version of Cars Land added, since the outdoor ride wouldn't work so well with the Florida weather.  And some people have said that the Honey I Shrunk the Kids area will be rethemed to Bug's Life.  I don't know how credible any of this is - it's all still rumors right now - but it would be awesome to see a bigger Pixar presence at that park!   

Here's sort of a summary, not all of it is Pixar related:  http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors/2014/08/10/major-overhaul-coming-to-hollywood-studios
Quote 1 0
buzzfan120
I tell you, a Monsters, Inc. Door Vault ride would be totally awesome! I've always hoped Disney World would get a ride like that. Who knows, maybe it will happen--after all, Disney is well-known for making dreams come true!
Quote 2 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy