Merida (Brave) 7 votes
8%
 Elinor (Brave) 2 votes
2%
 Dean Hardscrabble (Monsters University) 5 votes
6%
 Squishy's Mom (Monsters University) 3 votes
3%
Multiple choice poll. This poll has been closed.
Pixar has had many female characters over the years, with 'Inside Out' having tons of great female characters hopefully. Here you can talk about all your favorite female characters from Pixar.

I am also putting up a poll for voting for your favorite Pixar female characters, I know there are others so talk about the other Pixar female characters in this topic. (I will do an updated poll when 'Inside Out' comes out, and I will probably do that with the other releases coming out.)
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Lately, the argument wether Pixar is sexist or not has been a heated one. People like to argue that they don´t have enough female characters, and to an extent, it´s true. But you know what´s also true? That the female characters they do have, surpass almost any other female character from any other movie, live-action or animation. An argument could be made, that their female characters are better than their male characters. They may not all be brave and strong like Merida, free-spirited like Jesse or Powerful like Elastigirl. But they will all teach and display very important morals. 

Quite Frankly, my favorite female Pixar character is Dory. If there is any character that does NOT have the great qualities that I meantioned previously, its her. Yet, she still displays and teaches great life lessons with so many flaws and so few qualities. Despite her short term memory loss and her obnoxiousness, she still made Marlin´s near-impossible goal an achievable one. She shows him to be optimistic no matter of the circumstances. Being negative will only worsen the situation and it will put you in a heated state where it is hard to make the best desicions. I admire that habit, and I wish I could be like that more often than I would like to admit. Her short term memory loss is not an obstacle to Dory, when there´s a chance to have fun and meet people, she will take it. I love Dory. Oh and also, she tought us not to touch Jellyfishes, no matter how small they are or how cute their name is. XD

And concluding, she has one of the funniest lines in animation history.

"I forget things almost instantly, it runs in the family, or at least I think it does, were are they?"

"HEY! I saw a boat, it passed not too long ago and it went this way! IT WENT THIS WAY!" X2

"If only there was a fish that could help us read this, Oh look Sharks!"

"I´m going to name him Squishy and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy"

"Your son elmo?"

"He lost his son, Fabio!"

And of course the most famous quote in Pixar history after to infinity and beyond, "Just Keep Swiming"

The movie is clustered with these.
Quote 1 0
Vellerie
Yeah I've seen all the assertions about Pixar (and Disney in general) being sexist. I don't think Pixar deals with females in a sexist way---their movies aren't patronizing toward females and the females they do have are great. I do, however, think they have a very "male norm" output and want to see more female characters being put out. Inside Out seems to be a great step in that direction, with at least 4 female main characters plus the unicorn and Riley's mom, and the female leads seem really well-developed and unique. It also looks like it'll revolve around the relationship between Joy and Sadness which I'm eager to see!!

Brave also reversed the male trend by being about a mother/daughter relationship, which is the main reason I like that movie more than most people seem to (I think Queen Elinor was a great character personally).

I tend to go after books/comics/movies with female main characters or at least a good number of female characters, and I even tend to prefer music with female singers, I guess because I am a girl, but Pixar movies are so well done an they're not patronizing/objectifying of girls so I enjoy them even if most of them are mostly about boys. If a story's good enough, it isn't that big of a deal, but it's hard not to notice that a lot of movies and stuff have a lot more boys than girls. The same thing could be said about white people vs other races too.

On the poll I chose Dean Hardscrabble because I love her unique and frightening demeanor and look. She's self assured and doesnt have to be pretty or nice, and in the end she's not a bad person. I wish you included Roz too though because she's great [tongue]
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
EVE. She's half of the cutest couple in all of film, she has a very nice design, I pretty much instantly love any character that can fly, and she spends the entire movie being a tough, awesome person yet the movie never feels the need to stop and reflect on how "OMG she's a girl and she's tough isn't that awesome and groundbreaking!?" like with some of the other tough Pixar female characters (almost all of the others, actually, now that I think about it). 

And I hate the whole "Not enough girls" nitpick; they're making movies, not conducting a census.
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
I agree with you both, Pixar having more male characters means nothing. It would be sexist if their female characters only cared about boys and looking pretty. Which is definetly a understatement and I literally do not know how that Cliche came to be. Every single main female character Pixar has is distinct, unique and with their own inner and outer depth. Pixar takes as much time designing the inside and outside of a female character as a male character. Sure they have only 2 main female characters out of 15 movies, (soon to be 3 with Finding Dory) but I think that says displays on their general point view on women. 

Btw love your descriptions for Dean H and Eve! Very well said.
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
Wow! This poll is getting lots of great votes and opinions! I've also changed my mind on making a updated poll with Inside Out, I am going to make a similar topic when the movie comes about favorite characters from the movie (not just female).
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Inside Out opened today with Pixar's second female protagonist and holy crap, she was a strong one. There is an argument on which is actually the protagonist, Riley, Joy or Sadness.. It doesn't matter cause they are all so strong. 

SPOILERS
Joy - Optimistic, with the best intentions to make Riley Happy, she will do anything to get a smile out of Riley, even if it means pushing Sadness away. She doesn't view challenges as challenges per say, but rather opportunities. But like every strong character, she has a flaw that is worked on in the movie to make a round character. She is so focused on making Riley happy that she thinks its best if Sadness doesn't use the panel. She learns to understand sadness and appreciate her existence.

Sadness  - Very Pessimistic, but she also has intentions of making Riley's mental state the best. She wants to touch the happy memories because deep down she knows its the right thing. Pete Docter left out Logic from the movie, but Sadness is the logical one. She is a problem solver, even if the others don't realize it. She's very smart and really knows what is the best for Riley. She understands people and she tries to make them feel better. "I understand, they took something you love away fron you *pats*

Riley - Well, Riley is a strong character because we see her react to everything that happens within her mind. The emotions don't make her act, they just make her feel. Whatever she does afterwards is her choice. After moving to San Francisco she tried to keep things good and stable with mom and dad. She is a strong person and a fighter. But every main character has a flaw that changes. She doesn't embrace Sadness and thinks the best way to keep her mind healthy is to force happiness all the time, but then she let Sadness in and opened up to her parents and realized that showing your emotions is healthier than forcing happiness all the time.
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
So I found this really cool article were they rank top 15 Pixar's female characters.

http://www.slashfilm.com/best-pixar-female-characters/

by SlasherFilm
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
Luis504170 wrote:
So I found this really cool article were they rank top 15 Pixar's female characters.

by SlasherFilm

It's a shame Queen Elinor isn't on there, because I really like her! But I love the paragraph on Roz, haha.
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Vellerie wrote:
Luis504170 wrote:

by SlasherFilm
It's a shame Queen Elinor isn't on there, because I really like her! But I love the paragraph on Roz, haha.

Yeah, I personally would've put Eve and Merida higher. Sure Brave wasn't Pixar at its best, but if there's anything perfect in that film, it's its female protagonist, Merida. I think it might even be in the top 3 with Sadness and Dory
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
I just remembered this topic, and now that Inside Out is released, I'd have to say Joy is among my favorite Pixar characters as well. She and Dean Hardscrabble are about neck and neck for me!
Quote 0 0
WarrenJB
Bonnie wrote:
and she spends the entire movie being a tough, awesome person yet the movie never feels the need to stop and reflect on how "OMG she's a girl and she's tough isn't that awesome and groundbreaking!?" like with some of the other tough Pixar female characters (almost all of the others, actually, now that I think about it).

I agree with the sentiment but disagree with the particulars! IMO most of Pixar's female characters are strong, capable and admirable (but also flawed, rounded and realistic, to differing degrees) without needing to draw special attention to it.

Cases in point: the two poll winners here, one of which is my exception to 'most of'. I was put off Brave right from the start because all the previews and discussions in the media made it out to be a typical sassy-girl-defies-society's-expectations-and-does-her-own-thing story; which is fine, and great, if it weren't such an old trope, always presented as if it were new and subversive. (Defying society's expectations? It practically is society's expectations.) As far back as 1977, the late, lamented Carrie Fisher played a princess who despaired of her bumbling rescuers, and had to rescue them. "Into the garbage chute, flyboy!"

That brings me to the top poll winner here, and the one I would've voted for: Helen Parr. 'Cos thinking about it, she reminds me of Princess Leia - tough, capable, confident, fearless, pretty outspoken, and no bones about it. Just her, and the film, getting on with the job of being awesome.

(But after reading a bit more about Brave, maybe I've misjudged it, and might get round to watching it sometime.)
Quote 0 0
Wee Dingwall
Bonnie wrote:
EVE. She's half of the cutest couple in all of film, she has a very nice design, I pretty much instantly love any character that can fly, and she spends the entire movie being a tough, awesome person yet the movie never feels the need to stop and reflect on how "OMG she's a girl and she's tough isn't that awesome and groundbreaking!?" like with some of the other tough Pixar female characters (almost all of the others, actually, now that I think about it). 

Does any of them get this treatment except Merida?  Mrs Incredible certainly doesn't, and I don't think Jessie does.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy